Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Ponder has another game to forget

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    If we can all forget about his bad games, we can still reflect on his 2 or 3 good ones over the past 3 years.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is online now Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    The FO better not forget them otherwise he will be back next year.

WWBGD

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Who is Julius Wright?

Blog Entries
    Also don't forget the easy Pick-six that Wagner dropped earlier in the third as well.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Ponder is a lost cause. When will the front office and coaching staff understand that? He seems like a good kid, but he can't play, end of story.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Ponder is a lost cause. When will the front office and coaching staff understand that? He seems like a good kid, but he can't play, end of story.
    If the front office had the ability to evaluate Ponder objectively they wouldn't have drafted him in the first place.
    The Vikings have been looking for a vertical threat to go over the top and open things up for Peterson. So they bring in a QB that doesn't have the arm or accuracy to be a vertical threat.
    Spielman has a history of screwing up teams. He's just added one more team to his legacy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    If the front office had the ability to evaluate Ponder objectively they wouldn't have drafted him in the first place.
    The Vikings have been looking for a vertical threat to go over the top and open things up for Peterson. So they bring in a QB that doesn't have the arm or accuracy to be a vertical threat.
    Spielman has a history of screwing up teams. He's just added one more team to his legacy.
    I don't fault the Vikings entirely for drafting Ponder. I honestly don't. They saw smarts, mobiility and accuracy, and thought they could groom him. That's fine. However, it's obviously not working, so we NEED to move on. Give up on Ponder. Maybe one day he'll pan out, but he needs a change of scenery.

I like that they picked their guy and stuck with him, you do need to give young qbs a chance to succeed. Ponder has run out of chances though.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I don't fault the Vikings entirely for drafting Ponder. I honestly don't. They saw smarts, mobiility and accuracy, and thought they could groom him. That's fine. However, it's obviously not working, so we NEED to move on. Give up on Ponder. Maybe one day he'll pan out, but he needs a change of scenery.

I like that they picked their guy and stuck with him, you do need to give young qbs a chance to succeed. Ponder has run out of chances though.
    I'm glad they stuck with him and gave him time to develop as well. My point is they should have been able to see Ponder didn't have the arm talent to accomplish what they hoped for. They went against most evaluators assessment of second or third round talent for Ponder, reached, and got burned.
    Spielman has a history when it comes to evaluating QB's that isn't exactly stellar. I have no confidence he can select a great QB in next years draft or free agency.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I'm glad they stuck with him and gave him time to develop as well. My point is they should have been able to see Ponder didn't have the arm talent to accomplish what they hoped for. They went against most evaluators assessment of second or third round talent for Ponder, reached, and got burned.
    Spielman has a history when it comes to evaluating QB's that isn't exactly stellar. I have no confidence he can select a great QB in next years draft or free agency.
    Players have been successful without a big arm. However Ponder's lack of progression 3 years later means he just doesn't have it. Stop jamming a square peg i a round hole. Move on with Freeman/Cassel, and figure out what we're doing next year. The Ponder Era needs to end. I understand why thjey drafted him, but they missed. It happens. Need to accept defeat and try again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast