Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Ponder: 'exotic' defense confused Vikes

Christian Ponder: Bills' 'exotic' defense confused Vikes

Christian Ponder: Bills' 'exotic' defense confused Vikes - NFL.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Yep. They did run a lot of exotic blitzes for a preseason game. Most teams just run vanilla stuff in the preseason to evaluate what they have. No excuses though. We should have picked it up better.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well, maybe they should have been ready for them. A good QB can recognize a blitz and will know in advance where to pass the ball to capitalize on the lack if defenders in coverage.

I am more than a little troubled not so much that he was victimized by the scheme the bills used but by the way he seems to accept that they were better prepared and that he was so casual in his acceptance of getting his ass handed to him.

What I want to see in a QB is someone who is pissed that it happens, who takes it personally and who says nothing but puts in the time to make sure it never happens again.

The offense should be dictating what happens and the defense should be reacting anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I am more than a little troubled not so much that he was victimized by the scheme the bills used but by the way he seems to accept that they were better prepared and that he was so casual in his acceptance of getting his ass handed to him.
    Yep, he's continuing his lackadaisical "It is what it is" attitude again this week.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

So he is really going to be confused come week one lol!

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Why am I not getting a warm fuzzy about this season...?
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikefan05 View Post
    Why am I not getting a warm fuzzy about this season...?
    That is cause Ponder is not progressing like we had all hoped.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    According to Ponder, "yeah, they had some pretty exotic defenses. Ya know, some times they would line up with eleven guys, which we see a lot, but sometimes they would put guys in different places. Like , one time, they put a guy on the left side, and on the next play, he was on the right side. It was really exotic. And I was like, "Dudes, that guy was on the left last time", and they were all like, "Damn, that's exotic""

Ponder went on to say that he thought the miscolored Viking helmets were exotic, counting to eleven was exotic, the idea of completing a pass was exotic, his favorite kind of dancing was exotic, and that eating poison was exotic. We're pretty sure he meant toxic for the last one.

When asked about Cordarrelle Patterson he replied, "He runs some pretty exotic routes. One time, he cut inside...and once he ran outside...and once he ran straight....I mean, dang!!! That's exotic!!"

Ponder also claimed that it would be exotic if Cordarrelle caught a pass, or if the Vikings won a game. Ponder went on to say that he really likes the word exotic, and would like it to be his nickname. "Cuz, like, I'm exotic, or exoticy....yeah, I like exoticy. Cuz, like, sometimes when I'm playing Xbox, I can even FEEL the plays before I call them...like I'm exoticy or something".

Caine

Lol!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The Vikings see an old vanilla defense in practice every day, so new schemes throw them off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast