Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I think the Vikes should go LB in the first rd, then take a QB in the second rd. McCarron or Carr will be there in the second rd and could benefit from sitting behind Cassel and learning from both Cassel and Turner. Don't reach on another QB, I hope they learned their lesson from the Ponder pick.

I remember the 2011 draft. I left work and got home just as the Vikings are going on the clock. My buddy calls me and says who are they going with? He then said I think it's Ponder. I said no fucking way, the guy can't throw on the run, he has a weak arm, he is not accurate, and he just doesn't get it. Then I hear, with the 12th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings select Christian Ponder QB Fla State. Then my wife hears me say Fuck. Ponder would have been there in the 2nd rd, he was slated to go in the 2nd rd and the Vikings for whatever reason reached big time and took a QB that wasn't that good in college and labeled him a franchise QB. Don't do it again.

ejmat2 is offline Waterboy
    I personally don't want them drafting a QB at 8 either. I like Carr, McCarron or even Mettenberger for the 2nd round. I hope they don't reach again. If Cassell gets protection he will be good enough. Not the best as far as I'm concerned but good enough to win games especially with an OC that can coach.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ejmat2 View Post
    I personally don't want them drafting a QB at 8 either. I like Carr, McCarron or even Mettenberger for the 2nd round. I hope they don't reach again. If Cassell gets protection he will be good enough. Not the best as far as I'm concerned but good enough to win games especially with an OC that can coach.
    only if they get one of the top 3 should they even consider a qb.... i personally want bridgewater...

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    only if they get one of the top 3 should they even consider a qb.... i personally want bridgewater...
    Did you see his pro day!??!! I don't want him and never have, I would take Bortles or Manziel though.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Did you see his pro day!??!! I don't want him and never have, I would take Bortles or Manziel though.
    What is it you like about Bortles. His paltry stats, the fact that he was unknown until the offseason?

If Bridgewater is there we should take him. Just like a good pro day shouldn't determine if a play moves up, a bad one should not erase great film. The guy completed 71% of his passes, is extremely mature, intelligent and mobile enough.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    What is it you like about Bortles. His paltry stats, the fact that he was unknown until the offseason?
    Here's what CBS said about his Bortles Pro day:

LOOK: Here's the script for Blake Bortles' pro day at UCF - CBSSports.com

Bortles, the potential No. 1 overall pick has been solid (if not necessarily spectacular), particularly when compared to the disappointing pro day earlier this week by Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater.
    Zimmer was in attendance, so he'll get a good view of the guy.

Just like pro day performances can be a bad indicator, so can college stats as we've seen over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Here's what CBS said about his Bortles Pro day:

LOOK: Here's the script for Blake Bortles' pro day at UCF - CBSSports.com

Zimmer was in attendance, so he'll get a good view of the guy.

Just like pro day performances can be a bad indicator, so can college stats as we've seen over and over again.
    Right but i would take college stats and film over a pro day any day of the week.

I guess my point is who is Bortles. He has has come out of no where. Once Headley and The kid from Ore pulled out... this guy shot up the charts and keeps climbing. I'm not sold. I missed every game he has ever played and while potential is the buzz word with him. I need to see it on the field. Would rather the smart, talented, Bridgewater.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I guess my point is who is Bortles. He has has come out of no where. Once Headley and The kid from Ore pulled out... this guy shot up the charts and keeps climbing. I'm not sold. I missed every game he has ever played and while potential is the buzz word with him. I need to see it on the field. Would rather the smart, talented, Bridgewater.
    Watch some of his game tape, you may change your mind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast