Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

A Ponder-esque Dilemma

Minnesota Vikings could face Christian Ponder-esque quarterback dilemma with No. 8 pick

NFL draft 2014: Minnesota Vikings could face Christian Ponder-esque quarterback dilemma with No. 8 pick | PennLive.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Minnesota Vikings could face Christian Ponder-esque quarterback dilemma with No. 8 pick

NFL draft 2014: Minnesota Vikings could face Christian Ponder-esque quarterback dilemma with No. 8 pick | PennLive.com
    I haven't seen a lot of the games the top three college QB's have played, but I have seen some. I don't see any of these guys as worthy of a top 10 pick.
    None of them appears to be an easy transition to the NFL. Draft day should be very interesting. I will be very surprised if Spielman reaches for a QB in the first round again.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I haven't seen a lot of the games the top three college QB's have played, but I have seen some. I don't see any of these guys as worthy of a top 10 pick.
    None of them appears to be an easy transition to the NFL. Draft day should be very interesting. I will be very surprised if Spielman reaches for a QB in the first round again.
    If they pull the trigger on a QB early, I don't think it will be Spielman driving that decision as much as Norv/Zimmer and crew convincing him that a particular guy is worthy. Especially after the Ponder hits he's taken.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    If they pull the trigger on a QB early, I don't think it will be Spielman driving that decision as much as Norv/Zimmer and crew convincing him that a particular guy is worthy. Especially after the Ponder hits he's taken.
    I read an article that said that Zimmer likes Bortles, then Manziel... but not for this season (hence, the Cassel signing). If either are there at #8, I think they WILL pull the trigger.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Cassel should (will) start. Norv will work with Ponder to see if there's anything there. I trust Norv more than Musgrave & crew to determine Ponder's worth going forward. As for the draft, maybe go D or OL in 1st round, as all the top QBs have specific question marks. As for the second round, maybe take a look at AJ McCarron. I believe the kid has an "it" factor that can't be ignored. He's been a proven winner at one of college football's elite programs and while he's not the type you would want to throw in there right away, we have the luxury of not having to. Not saying "yeah, draft him" but give him a good look as he may even be available in third round, which makes it less of a risk.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    McCarron to me is a "game manager" on steroids. If he goes to the right team, he will shine; if he doesn't, he is a bust.

QBs like Manziel and Bridgewater (to ME personally) will shine no matter which team they go to, and I also think Manziel might just be THE guy. No matter what is thrown at him, he doesn't fall apart, and the decisions he makes are inventive and unpredictable.

Call it my love for spontaneous (I'm VERY white bread, but I tend to surround myself with colorful people), but there is something about Johnny Football that draws me. I love the guy's playing style.

In the end, why NOT take the risk if he is still there at #8? We have dealt with sooo many bad or under-performing QBs, one more QB bust won't kill us; and if Manziel turns out to be a good QB, he will be a GREAT QB. There is NO "halfway" in the world of Johnny Football.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    i agree if johny football is there we will take him ...

now if we dont and we get to the 2nd pick im not so sure we grab a qb with this pick either
    there my be more value at wr cb dl....just because are man isnt there at 8 doesnt automatically pick one with the 2nd .sounds like we can get a day one starter with the 2nd pick ...a qb at number2 is still a work in progress...hell we have cassel.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

A Ponder-esque Dilemma

Tha vikings should trade cassel, ponder this year 1st and 2nd round draft pick and a 3rd round draft pick next year for Cam Newton it's clear to see they dnt have that much money and they let they whole WR core frm last season walk wit sum key defense player and tha panthers GM is losing his mind right now so this trade dnt sound bad and they can draft a QB in this draft and save sum cap space and they will have a veteran QB in cassel

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Tha vikings should trade cassel, ponder this year 1st and 2nd round draft pick and a 3rd round draft pick next year for Cam Newton it's clear to see they dnt have that much money and they let they whole WR core frm last season walk wit sum key defense player and tha panthers GM is losing his mind right now so this trade dnt sound bad and they can draft a QB in this draft and save sum cap space and they will have a veteran QB in cassel
    What???

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

A Ponder-esque Dilemma

It would be nice

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast