singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Ponder is Confident in his OL

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    And I think what helps is me understanding the blitzes as well — being able to direct protections and pick up certain things. That’s only gonna help as well.
    I agree, if he has a better understanding of what the defense is throwing at him, the OL will be able to protect him much better. I like that he brought this up as well.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I agree, if he has a better understanding of what the defense is throwing at him, the OL will be able to protect him much better. I like that he brought this up as well.
    In theory that's the way it's supposed to work, but recognizing the blitz & calling for the proper protection is only part of it. The OL still needs to provide that protection without getting owned.

They haven;t been doing a good of that. Not with Ponder, not with Webb & not with MNabb, Favre or Jackson. It's why I believe it's not only player related, but coaching/scheme related as well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    In theory that's the way it's supposed to work, but recognizing the blitz & calling for the proper protection is only part of it. The OL still needs to provide that protection without getting owned.

They haven;t been doing a good of that. Not with Ponder, not with Webb & not with MNabb, Favre or Jackson. It's why I believe it's not only player related, but coaching/scheme related as well.
    Oh I agree completely. But it still makes me happy to see him taking this step because it shows he is maturing in the position.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

What do you think the percentage of blitzes are when it comes to who has the responsibility of picking them up (OLmen vs TE's/RB's)?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I agree with that but I also think that both he (RB's/FB's to a certain extent TE's) and Sully (OL, TE's) should be seeing the same things now and both should be making the same adjustments which will greatly improve how the whole unit works off of the adjustments.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg