Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    okay, point taken. Ponder this. Look at some of the other QB play in the league. Vick, Sanchez, Cassel, the mess in AZ, and Rivers. Ponder overall has played better than all of these guys. EVERY QB has a crap game here and there. I am not ready to give up on Ponder just yet. Very short leash though. Ponder said he wanted to pick Favre's brain in the offseason, judging from the one INT, he allready did. That was classic Favre. How about Kurt Warner or some other mentor?
    Your smoking too much of that Minnesota Kush brother.... Ponder is probably one of if not the worst QB in the league.... I'll take any of those guys over Ponder.... Although Sanchez and Cassel aren't that much better...

But when you have 8-9 men in the box every play and are throwing against 2-3 guys every down somethings gotta give... Ponder can't even throw against teams with 8-9 guys in the box... that's just unheard of for an NFL QB!!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Positives: Extremely tough-minded and intelligent with terrific intangibles.

Name them. I see no toughness.He's a weak minded thin skinned failure
    Strong drive and determination. Will battle through injuries and play through pain. Sells play-action hard.
    He's terrible at selling the play action. He's got the best running back in football and his play action fools no one.

Gets rid of the ball quickly with good timing.
    Bullshit.... he holds the ball every snap and never throws the ball on time

Moves well outside the pocket and can extend plays with his feet. Has a gamer mentality with the moxie and grit to command a huddle and win respect in the locker room.

Was he commanding the huddle during that 38 minutes he did not complete oin fuking pass? Gamer? I saw no game.
    Shrugs off adversity, responds well in pressure situations and performed well at the Senior Bowl. Has a confident, composed on-field temperament and can rally a team from behind. Very natural leader.

Shrugs off adversity? More like collapses with adversity. He has zero confidence, and has zero composure in the pocket, and can't rally shit from shinola.

Negatives: Throwing elbow must be evaluated carefully - arm strength was limited prior to the injury, and accuracy wanes down the field. Average decision maker - takes unnecessary risks trying to make plays and lacks the velocity to squeeze the ball into coverage. Makes some bad reads and head-scratching decisions. Puts a lot of arc on the ball and often underthrows deep receivers - cannot cut it loose through the wind. Struggles gauging his own arm and touch. Regressed following the promotion of Jimbo Fisher to head coach (and is best with a technical position coach). Could not finish the season the last two years because of durability issues.

These are ALL DEAD ON...

Summary: An athletic, dink-and-dunk, West Coast passer who has been snake-bitten by injuries, Ponder has everything teams could want intangibly in a quarterback - intelligence, toughness, competitiveness and leadership qualities. However, his physical limitations will always leave teams wanting more QUOTE OF THE DAY and invite injury. Has the poise and confidence desired in a backup with potential to eventually become a good, not great, starter.

HE'S NOT EVEN BACK UP MATERIAL...

That right there would have been enough for the VIkes not to draft him... ESPECIALLY IN THE FIRST FUCKING ROUND!!! and a top 12 pick at that!!.. Mind blowing!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Your smoking too much of that Minnesota Kush brother.... Ponder is probably one of if not the worst QB in the league.... I'll take any of those guys over Ponder.... Although Sanchez and Cassel aren't that much better...

But when you have 8-9 men in the box every play and are throwing against 2-3 guys every down somethings gotta give... Ponder can't even throw against teams with 8-9 guys in the box... that's just unheard of for an NFL QB!!
    That's a pretty bold statement coming from someone who knows what kush is. And to make more assumptions it was a Minnesota brand. As I am automatically from there. Didnt take a look at my sig? Might have been a small clue. okay, moving on.
    Ponder had a QB rating of 114.2 in his last game at home. No Int's. Last home game that Sanchez played, he threw 3 picks and was benched. Ponder also threw for 2 TD's in that game. He has played 4 games vs top 7 passing defenses(chi, az, sf, sea) and actually won two of those games, SF and AZ. Cassel was leading the league in TO's before he was benched. Sanchez has more starts than Ponder. Overall Ponder has played better than these guys. The Vikings have the toughest schedule for the last six games of the season. Let's see what kind of moxy this kid has before we all throw in the towel. We have given lesser ceilings a chance.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement coming from someone who knows what kush is. And to make more assumptions it was a Minnesota brand. As I am automatically from there. Didnt take a look at my sig? Might have been a small clue. okay, moving on.
    Ponder had a QB rating of 114.2 in his last game at home. No Int's. Last home game that Sanchez played, he threw 3 picks and was benched. Ponder also threw for 2 TD's in that game. He has played 4 games vs top 7 passing defenses(chi, az, sf, sea) and actually won two of those games, SF and AZ. Cassel was leading the league in TO's before he was benched. Sanchez has more starts than Ponder. Overall Ponder has played better than these guys. The Vikings have the toughest schedule for the last six games of the season. Let's see what kind of moxy this kid has before we all throw in the towel. We have given lesser ceilings a chance.
    Sanchez doesn't play with AP and 8 man fronts.
    Sanchez has no WRs, a lesser TE and an anemic running game.

Ponder has been given what every QB dreams of; a RB that gives him man to man coverage on the outside, high safety in the middle.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    .... when you have 8-9 men in the box every play and are throwing against 2-3 guys every down somethings gotta give... Ponder can't even throw against teams with 8-9 guys in the box... that's just unheard of for an NFL QB!!
    Problem is, most of Ponders looks & passes are into that same box where those 8-9 defenders are.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    You forgot the 150 year old Charlie Batch. He looks like all pro compared to Ponder.
    Of course all those other guys had top 5 franchise LT's to guard their back side so they didn't need to worry about the quality of their WR's.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Positives: Extremely tough-minded and intelligent with terrific intangibles.

Name them. I see no toughness.He's a weak minded thin skinned failure
    Strong drive and determination. Will battle through injuries and play through pain. Sells play-action hard.
    He's terrible at selling the play action. He's got the best running back in football and his play action fools no one.

Gets rid of the ball quickly with good timing.
    Bullshit.... he holds the ball every snap and never throws the ball on time

Moves well outside the pocket and can extend plays with his feet. Has a gamer mentality with the moxie and grit to command a huddle and win respect in the locker room.

Was he commanding the huddle during that 38 minutes he did not complete oin fuking pass? Gamer? I saw no game.
    Shrugs off adversity, responds well in pressure situations and performed well at the Senior Bowl. Has a confident, composed on-field temperament and can rally a team from behind. Very natural leader.

Shrugs off adversity? More like collapses with adversity. He has zero confidence, and has zero composure in the pocket, and can't rally shit from shinola.

Negatives: Throwing elbow must be evaluated carefully - arm strength was limited prior to the injury, and accuracy wanes down the field. Average decision maker - takes unnecessary risks trying to make plays and lacks the velocity to squeeze the ball into coverage. Makes some bad reads and head-scratching decisions. Puts a lot of arc on the ball and often underthrows deep receivers - cannot cut it loose through the wind. Struggles gauging his own arm and touch. Regressed following the promotion of Jimbo Fisher to head coach (and is best with a technical position coach). Could not finish the season the last two years because of durability issues.

These are ALL DEAD ON...

Summary: An athletic, dink-and-dunk, West Coast passer who has been snake-bitten by injuries, Ponder has everything teams could want intangibly in a quarterback - intelligence, toughness, competitiveness and leadership qualities. However, his physical limitations will always leave teams wanting more QUOTE OF THE DAY and invite injury. Has the poise and confidence desired in a backup with potential to eventually become a good, not great, starter.

HE'S NOT EVEN BACK UP MATERIAL...
    The only thing worse than Ponder's play lately is constant posts like this.

Saying thins like "He's not even back up material" shows that you really can't look at Ponder with any kind of objectivity. You seem to have a good grasp of football, but are so blinded by your decision to hate Ponder that you have managed to take confirmation bias to an art form.

Not defending Ponder here, I think we go in a different direction this offseason, but some of your comments are off base. He does have a quick throw and decent timing. He does move well outside of the pocket. Yes, the negatives outweigh the positives, especially right now, but you have gone to an extreme here.

We can debate the quality of our current QB without resorting to being asshats. I think you will find that many of us are off from the Ponder bandwagon at this point - but posts like that are going to put people on the defensive.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    We can debate the quality of our current QB without resorting to being asshats.
    I'm afraid I don't understand...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'm afraid I don't understand...
    lmao.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    lmao.
    I agree with your point though, saying Ponder isn't even backup material isn't realistic... he actually looks like a lifetime back-up, and I'm not even trying to sound negative when I say that. He plays well for short periods of time, but seems to lose control over the stretch of an entire game.

With all this being said, we still don't have any legitimate WRs when Harvin is out of the line-up. Ponder is a problem, but not the only problem with our offense.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast