Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    He is awful. We won in spite of him early in the season. There was a stat teams going into this game with a 200 yard rusher were 57 and 2. Well leave it to ponder and musgrave to make it 57 and 3 now. Our d did a great job after the first quarter. I'm so pissed!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    Just watched two rookies (Luck and Wilson) win games on their final drives. One in OT and the other with 4 seconds on the clock. Meanwhile second year Ponder is struggling to make a completion...
    Not to mention both were on the road. Luck's was against Detroit though, a team Ponder beat twice so it's not saying much haha.

I have a feeling Ponder is going to have a 300+ yd game in one of these last 4 games or do just enough to buy him another shot next year. That's just how things usually go for us. Shitty coaches/players always seem to do just enough to prolong our misery one more season.

PondersPecker is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Not to mention both were on the road. Luck's was against Detroit though, a team Ponder beat twice so it's not saying much haha.

I have a feeling Ponder is going to have a 300+ yd game in one of these last 4 games or do just enough to buy him another shot next year. That's just how things usually go for us. Shitty coaches/players always seem to do just enough to prolong our misery one more season.
    So true...so sad

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    He is awful. We won in spite of him early in the season. There was a stat teams going into this game with a 200 yard rusher were 57 and 2. Well leave it to ponder and musgrave to make it 57 and 3 now. Our d did a great job after the first quarter. I'm so pissed!
    Hardly won in spite of him. He was pretty damn good in the first 4 games.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    My guess is Ponder is still a dead lock to start next year. Spielman stated that he's 100% confident in Ponder & he'll stick by that next year.

He'll probably try and go after a top-notch deep threat receiver so Ponder can throw bubble passes to him & out of bounds or passes that fall way short deep down field.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Hardly won in spite of him. He was pretty damn good in the first 4 games.
    How could he have been without any open receivers?

sarcasm off

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    We have to bite the bullet on this one surely? How can we keep slogging ahead with a guy who just can't cut it in this league?
    If Speilman wants top be 100% behind Ponder then let him go to the Browns and take Ponder with him.

I'm getting tired of being a couple of players away from a playoff team and I've only been a fan for 20 years so nowhere near the frustration most of you have had.
    Purple till i die

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    How could he have been without any open receivers?

sarcasm off

He had to throw the ball behind the LOS to find them open

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    My guess is Ponder is still a dead lock to start next year. Spielman stated that he's 100% confident in Ponder & he'll stick by that next year.

He'll probably try and go after a top-notch deep threat receiver so Ponder can throw bubble passes to him & out of bounds or passes that fall way short deep down field.
    Actually, most of his deep throws are overthrown now, not underthrown.

Anyway, unless Ponder performs brilliantly in these last four games, I doubt that he is a lock to start next year.

At this point I expect us to make a play for a QB in the offseason, maybe pursuing Alex Smith. If we get the offseason QB, then we can use the first round pick on a high profile WR. If not, I think we start targeting Geno Smith or Matt Barkley.

The only way that Ponder starts next year is if he significantly improves these last four games or we miss out on a veteran QB and both Smith and Barkley in the draft.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast