Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    "Christian did a great job of leading our offense, very efficient in what he did in the passing game," Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said. "Executed the game plan just like we wanted and things worked out the way we had all hoped it would throughout the week.""
    LOL! Nothing screams efficient like 11 completed passes, 91 yards, 0 TD's & 1 INT.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Look, all QB's mature at a different pace, but Ponders issues can and should be also traced back to the coaches who are trying to bring him along as well as the WR corps he is throwing to..
    It can be easily tracked back to poor mechanics, weak arm (lack of velocity), hit & miss accuracy on passes over 5 yards, poor decisions, locking down on 1 receiver, hanging on to the ball to long & football no longer being his GF. None of which are the fault of the WR's or OC.

I guess if you feel Ponder needs several more years to mature to the point where he can throw a pass more than 10 yards consistently & with accuracy & hit a receiver in stride, perhaps you feel we should put Ponder on the shelf for a few years while he gets better & in the meantime sign Jamarcus Russell who should be ready by now & in his prime.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    the scarriest thing about how bad Ponder is/is playing.. he's throwing against 2 or 3 guys in the secondary bc teams are constantly playing 8-9 men in the box.... he should be picking guys apart.... but he's not.... we need a QB bad.... I wish guys would stop making excuses for him.. he just isnt' that good... We have a bad receiving corps, but not the worst in the league... with play action and 1-on-1's everywhere else... there's no excuse for his play.
    Thank you , thank you , thank you. The first guy to understand this. Do you think Farve threw the least amount of INTs in his career because he suddenly became careful? No, he was throwing against shell coverages. This is what happens when your back is a Hall of Famer!!!
    Yet our QB is so bad... he can't beat the easiest coverage he will ever see!!!!!
    How did that work out for him in 2010? No Sidney Rice and Favre looked as bad as Ponder does now.

Not that I believe in Ponder, I've lost faith in him. But we desperately need WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Well I'm not saying I don't want one lol. Hell yeah, that'd be great if we could get a QB like that to go with AP. We'd probably have a mini dynasty, but I was looking at it realistically or trying not to be greedy. It's just too hard to find that type of a QB.
    its not really. Take your lumps for two season and trade up and get one. At least you fill that need for 10 years. No this draft though, these guys suck.
    Exactly! There are no QBs worth a damn in this years draft. We need to do everything we can to bring in great WRs this year, have a real QB competition and the following year draft the best QB we can get our hands on.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Last night I watched Brady, who throws the best ball in history as far as I'm concerned, carve up a supposedly great Houston defense by throwing balls accurately and on time to wide-outs no one knows about or who just unretired. Granted, he has Welker and the TEs and in no way do I think Ponder can carry Brady's jock in a suitcase, but given the coverages Ponder has been getting he must do better. Plenty of QBs are making do with less than what Ponder has. Look at the injuries Rogers has had to deal with in GB- he doesn't whine about it- he goes out and throws the ball where it needs to go. Part of the problem is with Musgrave not running plays designed to take advantage of one on one coverages. You cannot tell me that a pro wide receiver, even the worst one in the league, can't get separation at least occasionally. I know our wide-outs aren't even close to top-shelf, but until I see balls bouncing off their hands, heads, or chests, I'm putting the onus on Ponder.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Last night I watched Brady, who throws the best ball in history as far as I'm concerned, carve up a supposedly great Houston defense by throwing balls accurately and on time to wide-outs no one knows about or who just unretired. Granted, he has Welker and the TEs and in no way do I think Ponder can carry Brady's jock in a suitcase, but given the coverages Ponder has been getting he must do better. Plenty of QBs are making do with less than what Ponder has. Look at the injuries Rogers has had to deal with in GB- he doesn't whine about it- he goes out and throws the ball where it needs to go. Part of the problem is with Musgrave not running plays designed to take advantage of one on one coverages. You cannot tell me that a pro wide receiver, even the worst one in the league, can't get separation at least occasionally. I know our wide-outs aren't even close to top-shelf, but until I see balls bouncing off their hands, heads, or chests, I'm putting the onus on Ponder.
    You didn't see enough of that already?

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    This is NFL 2012. Adrian Peterson just kicked the crap out of a half a dozen NFL teams, and the Vikings still lost most of the games. If the Vikings want a playoff winning team, they need a top half quarterback for certain. They do not need Dan Marino, but they do need better than the slop many fans may be willing to allow.
    amen to that!!... a lot of ppl on here want alex smith... ALEX FUCKIN SMITH??? SMH.... good grief!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    How did that work out for him in 2010? No Sidney Rice and Favre looked as bad as Ponder does now.

Not that I believe in Ponder, I've lost faith in him. But we desperately need WRs.
    yeah we need receivers... but part of being a good Qb is being able to throw guys open as well as ball placement and seeing the entire field... Ponder is so skittish in the pocket he looks to run instead of stepping up in the pocket and going through the rest of his reads... he locks onto one guy and if he's covered he looks at the rush panics and decides to run... we have guys open on offense... they may not be great receivers, but guys are open... there are atleast five times i've seen where AD has been wide open in the flat and ponder has thrown it to Rudolph who's covered by two guys... he doesnt' see the entire field...

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by keystonevike View Post
    You didn't see enough of that already?
    Yeah, there have been several drops for sure. It's a given that the wideouts aren't very good, but they are still professional football players. The point is that the bulk of the blame must fall on Ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post

yeah we need receivers... but part of being a good Qb is being able to throw guys open as well as ball placement and seeing the entire field... Ponder is so skittish in the pocket he looks to run instead of stepping up in the pocket and going through the rest of his reads... he locks onto one guy and if he's covered he looks at the rush panics and decides to run... we have guys open on offense... they may not be great receivers, but guys are open... there are atleast five times i've seen where AD has been wide open in the flat and ponder has thrown it to Rudolph who's covered by two guys... he doesnt' see the entire field...
    Listen, I know Ponder is at the very least half of the problem. However, how are we supposed to developed the next QB with these bums we call receivers!? Must upgrade this offseason.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast