Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Shouldn't we be aiming to get a Brees type QB anyway? Why can't you have both? Why can't you have a Aikman and Emith? Why not an Elway and Davis? Why does one exclude the other? We shouldn't be aiming for just enough. We should be looking to add elite players at both position so if someone has a bad day, the other can carry the team. Instead, AP can never have a bad day cause if he does.... blow out city.
    Well I'm not saying I don't want one lol. Hell yeah, that'd be great if we could get a QB like that to go with AP. We'd probably have a mini dynasty, but I was looking at it realistically or trying not to be greedy. It's just too hard to find that type of a QB.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Well I'm not saying I don't want one lol. Hell yeah, that'd be great if we could get a QB like that to go with AP. We'd probably have a mini dynasty, but I was looking at it realistically or trying not to be greedy. It's just too hard to find that type of a QB.
    its not really. Take your lumps for two season and trade up and get one. At least you fill that need for 10 years. No this draft though, these guys suck.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    its not really. Take your lumps for two season and trade up and get one. At least you fill that need for 10 years. No this draft though, these guys suck.
    I don't care how we find one... we just need to find a guy that can get us over the hump... Not a game manager or an average dude... but definately better than average that can make key throws if need be... See the 49ers last year... Eli making key throws in the Superbowl was the difference. he;'s very good but I don't put him in the same category consistently as Brady, Manning, Brees, etc. a notch below though.

With that said... we need to develop our guys... There's no excuse for Ponder's regression... I know's he's not very good but geez louise.. this dude has been downright awful... how can you fail to throw for 100 yards in 4 out of like straight 6 games... esp. with AD running like he is...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I don't care how we find one... we just need to find a guy that can get us over the hump... Not a game manager or an average dude... but definately better than average that can make key throws if need be... See the 49ers last year... Eli making key throws in the Superbowl was the difference. he;'s very good but I don't put him in the same category consistently as Brady, Manning, Brees, etc. a notch below though.

With that said... we need to develop our guys... There's no excuse for Ponder's regression... I know's he's not very good but geez louise.. this dude has been downright awful... how can you fail to throw for 100 yards in 4 out of like straight 6 games... esp. with AD running like he is...
    Peterson had more rushing yards in the 1st Quarter than Ponder had passing for the whole game. How is that possible.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Waiting for Ponder to be attacked with all the harsh nicknames and venom that Jackson got.

Still waiting... any day now...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Peterson had more rushing yards in the 1st Quarter than Ponder had passing for the whole game. How is that possible.
    We've now reached a NEW level with Ponder, if that's possible. We now have a head coach that tells us after the game that Ponder executed the game plan just how we wanted him to. A first round draft pick in his 23rd NFL game and we are praising him for his just over 50 percent completion rate, his under 100 yards passing, his one turnover game, and no td passes. AD has more yards in the first quarter than Ponder had the entire game and Frasier tells us that Ponder is doing exactly what he needs to do for this team to WIN games? Wow, this team has really gone to a new level of acceptance of this guy.

After the first quarter the Bears were DESPERATE to stop Peterson. This is the NFL and a good defense is going to stop those runs and they did. This means that Ponder in the rest of the game had a team exactly where he wants them. The play action should create huge gaps in the mid range passing game. Yes I know what Ponder lovers are going to say to this. They are going to say that Ponder can't produce when all those plays are going to AD. Here is the scary fact....... Our own head coach and OC, even with the PERFECT scenario to just trample the Bears defense with the pass after what AD did to them REFUSES TO DO SO. Why would that be? It's because they KNOW he can't do it and refuse to let him. Our offense played right into the Bears staying in this game by tossing EVERYTHING AT THE VIKINGS OFFENSE TO STOP AD, and we let them shut our run game down with any reprocusions. That's very sad. Without the int's we surely lose this game. The Viking offense did absolutely nothing after the first quarter and was so afraid to even think about letting Ponder lose it, and WE GOT LUCKY.

If by now Ponder lovers can't see what we have here, then they never will. Just like T Joke, the game moves way too fast for Ponder. I'd be willing to say he's even worse than T Joke when it comes to the speed of the game and being able to make a play. We're stuck with this guy.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Given that we're still in playoff contention, I think it's best to ride things out with Ponder. If anything, I'd like the Vikings to try opening up the passing offense if at all possible. It would seem to make sense that, if opposing defenses stack 8 or 9 in the box to try to stop AD, one of our receivers should end up with single coverage, and Ponder should be able to find that receiver. If he continually cannot find that receiver, than some other QB needs to be brought into camp in the offseason, and a QB competition between Ponder, Webb, and that QB (e.g. Matt Flynn) should determine who the Vikings should start at QB for 2013. Unless they improve their passing offense significantly, the Vikings will be doomed to limited playoff success in the future.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Waiting for Ponder to be attacked with all the harsh nicknames and venom that Jackson got.

We're all waiting for you to get over yourself and your mancrush!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    As long as we have AP we don't need a Rodgers or a Brees type QB, but we need a huge improvement over Ponder if we not only want to become a playoff caliber team, but a championship caliber team. I'm tired of squeaking into the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6 only to be one and done in a road playoff game.
    This is NFL 2012. Adrian Peterson just kicked the crap out of a half a dozen NFL teams, and the Vikings still lost most of the games. If the Vikings want a playoff winning team, they need a top half quarterback for certain. They do not need Dan Marino, but they do need better than the slop many fans may be willing to allow.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

I would if I could think of one. Why wouldn't he? seems everyone including Ponder knows he can't make it in this league. If he did I'm sure he would argue with what Farzier said. No team in the league or in any sport for that matter completely ignores a major part of their game.

"A-rod did exactly what we needed him to do, bunt, get struck out and score no runs"
    Purple till i die

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast