Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 206

Thread: Ponder

  1. #121
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    "Christian did a great job of leading our offense, very efficient in what he did in the passing game," Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said. "Executed the game plan just like we wanted and things worked out the way we had all hoped it would throughout the week.""

    Scary thoughts...

    Zulgad: Even Christian Ponder appears out of answers at this point - Minnesota Vikings news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings

  2. #122
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    "Christian did a great job of leading our offense, very efficient in what he did in the passing game," Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said. "Executed the game plan just like we wanted and things worked out the way we had all hoped it would throughout the week.""

    Scary thoughts...

    Zulgad: Even Christian Ponder appears out of answers at this point - Minnesota Vikings news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings
    58% passer rating....... 9 completions.... just over 50@ completion rate...... under 100 yards passing..... no tds................. one int..... Now that's what we're talking about Christian.. Numbers like this will take us deep into the playoffs... Frasier is a total moron and proved it on the podium yesterday. Never in my football life have I been subjected to compliments to a qb with numbers like that...

  3. #123
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    This coming from the guy who is still holding out hope for Tarvaris Jackson.....



    Actually there are several young QB's who have come into the league in the past few years that look better than Ponder does right now. Tannehill looks better, The Jets 3rd stringer looks better, the Eagles backup looks better and I am just getting started. I could throw in Kaepernick or however you spell his name as well as the young man in Seattle playing for our old OC and even the Browns QB who is playing for our old HC. Ponder isn't just looking like he is needing more time, he looks like he doesn't have the basics down enough to warrant the time to develop him.

    All of them played much better than Ponder in their second seasons. No comparison.

    Well, if Brett was a noodlearm, then Ponder is whatever is worse.



    I believe Brady has addressed the deep ball when Moss was there. It also has to do with velocity and accuracy and a guy who watches football as much as you has to know the difference velocity makes in the short passing game.



    Hasn't he just plain had bad throws that gave open WR's no chance to catch the ball? Seriously- when guys like Bercich state plainly that guys were open and Ponder just didn't see them then it kinda shoots a hole in your theory.



    It is designed to work with 2-3 TE's out in the pattern pulling the LB's out of the box but the OL can't handle a DL without TE help and the 25 M man is largely the invisible man.



    No. You need to come back to reality. Anyone who knocks on the accuracy and arm strength of brett but backs this QB for his has a serious credibility issue. The only thing that your take does id bring up the sites post count when we all reject your takes.
    Ah the ole Credibility excuse....LOL Cracks me up that people still try to use that on here.

    If its the WR's how come Percy didn't have a problem catching them? As for comparing Ponder to how well those QB's played, I wasn't doing that specifically, only pointing out that all of them were much heralded, came out and did pretty good, but wound up dropping off their second and in a couple of instances their 3rd years.

    Look, all QB's mature at a different pace, but Ponders issues can and should be also traced back to the coaches who are trying to bring him along as well as the WR corps he is throwing to.

    I mean seriously, Jenkins/Orash/Burton......gimme a break. You give them to RGIII or Luck vice the 3 they have to chose from and they will look like crap to the casual observer.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #124
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    58% passer rating....... 9 completions.... just over 50@ completion rate...... under 100 yards passing..... no tds................. one int..... Now that's what we're talking about Christian.. Numbers like this will take us deep into the playoffs... Frasier is a total moron and proved it on the podium yesterday. Never in my football life have I been subjected to compliments to a qb with numbers like that...
    Not to nick pick.. but it was a passer rating of 53.8, 11 completions, and a completion % of 64.7%. I agree, he did not play well again and shouldn't be complimented. But can't we at least use real numbers? His actual stats are bad enough that we don't have to make any up...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #125
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Adding Wrs, which they should do, still doesn't fix the fact that your QB cannot look down field when he sense any pressure. Nor does it fix the fact that he cannot read the entire field. Nor does it fix the fact that he locks on to his WR and rarely goes thru his progressions. However, its the Vikings and another shitty QB, so you are of course in love with him.
    Won't argue that point, however, coaching and WR's that will provide more consistency at route running and getting open will cause a young QB to look their way a bit more when he gets through his reads.

    Instead we have one guy, Percy, who can/could get open, the others almost always don't get open. That my friend will pretty much force a QB to give up on them and only look one way, which by the way, could be confused by most as "Locking onto a WR".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #126
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Vincent Jackson? Who cares? He moves too fast for Ponder to hit.
    How do you know that? Percy is pretty fast and Ponder hit him......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    981
    ^^^Em Marrdro I hate to break it to you but most of Ponders throws to Percy were in the backfield either a quick out or bubble screen and Percy did the rest. That is not a check in the plus column for Ponder.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

  8. #128
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Won't argue that point, however, coaching and WR's that will provide more consistency at route running and getting open will cause a young QB to look their way a bit more when he gets through his reads.

    Instead we have one guy, Percy, who can/could get open, the others almost always don't get open. That my friend will pretty much force a QB to give up on them and only look one way, which by the way, could be confused by most as "Locking onto a WR".
    Actually, it seems like he locks on to Jenkins. Every game there are throws thrown to Jenkins when others are open, most noticeably the check down back.

  9. #129
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Christian Ponder
    Passer rating: 53.8
    " Ponder didn't complete a pass that traveled longer than 9 yards in the air. Over his past five games, in fact, Ponder has completed one of 21 attempts of 15 yards or more, including 17 consecutive incompletions."

    Scary!!!!!
    NFC North Week 14 Quarterback Report - NFC North Blog - ESPN

  10. #130
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Ah the ole Credibility excuse....LOL Cracks me up that people still try to use that on here.

    If its the WR's how come Percy didn't have a problem catching them? As for comparing Ponder to how well those QB's played, I wasn't doing that specifically, only pointing out that all of them were much heralded, came out and did pretty good, but wound up dropping off their second and in a couple of instances their 3rd years.

    Look, all QB's mature at a different pace, but Ponders issues can and should be also traced back to the coaches who are trying to bring him along as well as the WR corps he is throwing to.

    I mean seriously, Jenkins/Orash/Burton......gimme a break. You give them to RGIII or Luck vice the 3 they have to chose from and they will look like crap to the casual observer.
    Marr do you really think the Skins WRs and the Colts WRs are that much better that our own?

    Garcon has been hurt all season to take him out.
    Moss looked like a ghost of himself. Davis is out for the season. Who is the stud wr that we don't have. The difference is a QB that throws his guys open so they can catch and run.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •