Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm surprised your hacking on Spielman.......He went after Jackson. Again, he went after Jackson. Not once, but twice. I suspect the whole stadium thing is why they didn't go after him again.
    Tarvaris? LOL! He did no such thing.

Spielman was hired as VP of player personnel in May (after the draft) to replace the fired Fran Foley who you claimed, "screwed the pooch" in that 2006 draft.

Two more winners for Ricky boy...

"Spielman is best known for the offseason moves the Vikings made in 2008, when they signed Bernard Berrian and Madieu Williams to contracts...."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    tarvaris? Lol! He did no such thing.

Spielman was hired as vp of player personnel in may (after the draft) to replace the fired fran foley who you claimed, "screwed the pooch" in that 2006 draft.

Two more winners for ricky boy...

"spielman is best known for the offseason moves the vikings made in 2008, when they signed bernard berrian and madieu williams to contracts...."
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahah
    .............deep breath.......he thought i meant tj..........deep breath........................
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahah
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

.............deep breath.......he thought i meant tj..........deep breath........................
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahah
    Well since the Vikings only pursued Jackson in 2010 before Spielman was GM & this past offseason Spielman let the Buc's snatch him up while he was busy pissing away $25 million signing a TE who wasn't worth a shit on the same day Vincent Jackson inked a deal, you must be referring to another Jackson.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-09-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Well since the Vikings only pursued Jackson in 2010 before Spielman was GM & this past offseason Spielman let the Buc's snatch him up while he was busy pissing away $25 million signing a TE who wasn't worth a shit on the same day Vincent Jackson inked a deal, you must be referring to another Jackson.
    They went after Jackson when Rice and Harvin went down (Last Noodle year) and went after him the year they let Rice leave but SD decided to tag him.

This year I don't think they were after any high price FA's because of the uncertainty of the stadium deal.

So no, they went after him twice and will go after FA/Trades this year like they did in the past or have you forgot about at JA.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

They went after Jackson when Rice and Harvin went down (Last Noodle year) and went after him the year they let Rice leave but SD decided to tag him.

This year I don't think they were after any high price FA's because of the uncertainty of the stadium deal.

So no, they went after him twice and will go after FA/Trades this year like they did in the past or have you forgot about at JA.

I haven't forgot about JA. But choosing 1 good FA signing out of the past several years, doesn't excuse all the bad ones. For the most part, Spielman's FA picks have been horseshit.

If you're main goal is to give your rookie or 2nd year QB the best chance possible at success you can give him, wouldn't one of your top priorities be getting him top notch WR's that can do exactly that?
    The fact that Ponder has to throw to WR's like Jenkins, Shoudo, Simpson & Carlson, isn't the fault of Frazier, Musgrave or any other coach. That rests solely on the hands of Spielman.

Now we'll probably watch as yet another veteran good WR leaves & the void is filled with yet another bargain basement WR.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Vincent Jackson? Who cares? He moves too fast for Ponder to hit.

I haven't forgot about JA. But choosing 1 good FA signing out of the past several years, doesn't excuse all the bad ones. For the most part, Spielman's FA picks have been horseshit.

If you're main goal is to give your rookie or 2nd year QB the best chance possible at success you can give him, wouldn't one of your top priorities be getting him top notch WR's that can do exactly that?
    The fact that Ponder has to throw to WR's like Jenkins, Shoudo, Simpson & Carlson, isn't the fault of Frazier, Musgrave or any other coach. That rests solely on the hands of Spielman.

Now we'll probably watch as yet another veteran good WR leaves & the void is filled with yet another bargain basement WR.
    All good points and I agree on all, my point though is that I think you will see them make that move this year. The Wilfs have shown they will spend if the staff tells them they need to. I'm sure that they would have spent this off sesason if the stadium thing would have been resolved.

Look, Ponder will be the better for what he is going through this year. Trust me he will and when they do the following:

a. Resign Percy
    b. Add a vet like Bowe
    c. Add a rook (Allen/Hopkings/Williams/Hunter) that is there with the first pick

That will give Ponder a:

a. Y - Slot - Percy/Wright
    b. X - Split - End Simpson/Rook
    c. Z - Flanker - Vet/Simpson/Rook

Lets not forget about our TE Rudy. Put him on the field with Percy, Bowe and Simpson and you have whole other issue to deal with.....

Another thing to Ponder is Childs and Summers. Maybe one of those two emerge as a viable option. One can't tell at this point.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Vincent Jackson? Who cares? He moves too fast for Ponder to hit.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    All good points and I agree on all, my point though is that I think you will see them make that move this year. The Wilfs have shown they will spend if the staff tells them they need to. I'm sure that they would have spent this off sesason if the stadium thing would have been resolved.

Look, Ponder will be the better for what he is going through this year. Trust me he will and when they do the following:

a. Resign Percy
    b. Add a vet like Bowe
    c. Add a rook (Allen/Hopkings/Williams/Hunter) that is there with the first pick

That will give Ponder a:

a. Y - Slot - Percy/Wright
    b. X - Split - End Simpson/Rook
    c. Z - Flanker - Vet/Simpson/Rook

Lets not forget about our TE Rudy. Put him on the field with Percy, Bowe and Simpson and you have whole other issue to deal with.....

Another thing to Ponder is Childs and Summers. Maybe one of those two emerge as a viable option. One can't tell at this point.
    Adding Wrs, which they should do, still doesn't fix the fact that your QB cannot look down field when he sense any pressure. Nor does it fix the fact that he cannot read the entire field. Nor does it fix the fact that he locks on to his WR and rarely goes thru his progressions. However, its the Vikings and another shitty QB, so you are of course in love with him.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I'm not even gonna read the whole thread, just gonna throw my two cents in....

a. First, its way to soon to make up our mind about Ponder. For the life of me I can't figure out why, what I believed to be a knowledgeable fan base can't understand that you don't just get instant success growing one of these cats.
    This coming from the guy who is still holding out hope for Tarvaris Jackson.....

Is it because of guys like RGIII and Luck who come in and do great? Guess what, look at the situation. Both of them have damn good WR's around them. Both of them have coaching staffs that know how to fit their talent and scheme around them.
    Actually there are several young QB's who have come into the league in the past few years that look better than Ponder does right now. Tannehill looks better, The Jets 3rd stringer looks better, the Eagles backup looks better and I am just getting started. I could throw in Kaepernick or however you spell his name as well as the young man in Seattle playing for our old OC and even the Browns QB who is playing for our old HC. Ponder isn't just looking like he is needing more time, he looks like he doesn't have the basics down enough to warrant the time to develop him.

Both of them will probably have just as much problems as other flash in the pan QB's their second year (ala Newton, Sanchez, Flacco, Ryan etc).
    All of them played much better than Ponder in their second seasons. No comparison.
    b. Arm Strength.....Our good friend Singer seems to have spewed his "weak arm" perception enough for most of you to start believing it. His evidence is that they only throw short passes to Percy.
    Well, if Brett was a noodlearm, then Ponder is whatever is worse.

Guess what, Percy is a WR that is best at catching short passes. I mean seriously, do you consider Brady a weak arm cause he throws almost all his passes to Welker? No, you don't, because he does throw a few to his WR's when they get open deep just like he hits his TE's in the intermediate routes.
    I believe Brady has addressed the deep ball when Moss was there. It also has to do with velocity and accuracy and a guy who watches football as much as you has to know the difference velocity makes in the short passing game.

Hasn't Ponder had some success hitting Rudy in those same routes? Difference is, Brady has a bazillion reps at making those throws and WR's that can get enough separation to be viable targets on throws like that. Get young Ponder a WR that can work the DB to the inside, allowing a bigger gap between he and the sideline and Ponder will make those throws as well. He's done it as a Viking. What he hasn't done is drop the perfect pass into the perfect spot because for the most part the WR just doesn't work the DB right.
    Hasn't he just plain had bad throws that gave open WR's no chance to catch the ball? Seriously- when guys like Bercich state plainly that guys were open and Ponder just didn't see them then it kinda shoots a hole in your theory.

c. Wasting AD. Ponder isn't wasting AD. Musgrove is wasting AD. This offense is designed to work off the play action fake. For the play action fake to work you need one thing......A RB IN THE BACK FIELD....Who is Ponder to fake to when Musgrove continually takes AD out?
    It is designed to work with 2-3 TE's out in the pattern pulling the LB's out of the box but the OL can't handle a DL without TE help and the 25 M man is largely the invisible man.

In the end, I beg our fan base to come back to reality. Have patience with the young QB. Vent on the O-coord and WR's for goodness sake. That is were the problem lies.
    No. You need to come back to reality. Anyone who knocks on the accuracy and arm strength of brett but backs this QB for his has a serious credibility issue. The only thing that your take does id bring up the sites post count when we all reject your takes.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast