Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    Yeah, I agree with HEY. I'm honestly 'Meh' on the fonts. I think on some number combinations the serif from the first number works really well with the second (like AP's 2 and 8). But when the second number is a straight edge number (like a 1), the serif looks awkward.
    It also looks awkward when both numbers are the same too, like 22, 33, etc.

And 11 just looks wrong.

84 looks like a disaster.

It seems like the jersey numbers only look good if the 2nd number has rounded edges.

As far as the helmets go, I like the matte finish, but I don't understand the black facemask. I mean it looks nice and matches the horn outline, but we don't have black anywhere else on the uniform so it looks kinda odd. I think they should have add a thin black outline around the names/numbers, and maybe added a thin black stripe between the white and yellow stripes (like the helmet horn).

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    It also looks awkward when both numbers are the same too, like 22, 33, etc.

And 11 just looks wrong.

84 looks like a disaster.

It seems like the jersey numbers only look good if the 2nd number has rounded edges.

As far as the helmets go, I like the matte finish, but I don't understand the black facemask. I mean it looks nice and matches the horn outline, but we don't have black anywhere else on the uniform so it looks kinda odd. I think they should have add a thin black outline around the names/numbers, and maybe added a thin black stripe between the white and yellow stripes (like the helmet horn).
    Yep, except for when the second number is like a 2 or 8 the rest of it just looks wrong.

I wonder if the approval was given based on them using peterson's 28 jersey where it actually looks like there may be a rhyme or reason for it without having any other number combinations displayed because if any person looks at that 84 for instance and thinks it makes sense you would have to question their judgement.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    if any person looks at that 84 for instance and thinks it makes sense you would have to question their judgement.
    My thoughts exactly, seeing 84 should have put an end to this plan. Almost looks like a backward "B" with a 4. I think they dropped the ball with this font.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That is what I think of every time i see that 8- that it looks like a backwards B.

Couldn't they have at least rounded the left edges of the second letters or something to make it blend? I have a feeling that there will be lots of beer thrown on people wearing those jerseys. Could just as well have sewn a pocket protector in the front and put some duct tape around the mid bar of the facemask.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    You guys really seem to care a lot about some pieces of fabric that grown men will be wearing.. Just move on and accept the stupid jerseys already, it's just a jersey. And in all honesty they look a lot better in action, and not simply a front-on mannequin view.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    You guys really seem to care a lot about some pieces of fabric that grown men will be wearing.. Just move on and accept the stupid jerseys already, it's just a jersey.
    If you would rather not talk about the uniforms, just ignore the topics.

It is the off-season, and the uniforms are new. One would expect comment.

And in all honesty they look a lot better in action, and not simply a front-on mannequin view.
    They look cheap. The matte helmet, goofy stripes, and unmatched fonts look amateurish. Packers and Bears fans must be laughing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    If you would rather not talk about the uniforms, just ignore the topics.

It is the off-season, and the uniforms are new. One would expect comment.
    I've actually posted a plethora of times about them in another topic. They've been out for like over a month and some of you are still complaining, but it is what it is I guess..

They look cheap. The matte helmet, goofy stripes, and unmatched fonts look amateurish. Packers and Bears fans must be laughing it up.
    Those bastards.. How dare they make fun of our sewn on stripes. Cause we all know nothing says high quality and professionalism like screen printed stripes on your jerseys....

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Doubt the Packers and Bears fans are giving more than a passing thought. You seem to have the most negative reaction by far.

Poll doesn't have a lot of responses yet, but overall it looks like the matte helmets are getting a positive response by a pretty significant margin, and the font is generally negative although a much closer margin (only 2 votes separate like/love and dislike/hate). The choice of two different fonts is overwhelmingly negative.

So pretty much what I was expecting and have been saying. Overall a positive response, with the exception of the fonts.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    More like traditional. Which is what Packers/Bears fans are accustomed to. The fans I've talked to like these more than last years, mostly because of the same reasoning.. The sidepanels/piping are a far worse look than any 'amateur' look.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast