Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Polls - New Hemets and New Fonts!

OK, so I started two polls regarding the matte finish on the new helmet as well as the new number font. They can be found here:

Do you like the new number font on the new Vikings Jerseys?

Do you like the matte finish on the new Vikings Helmets?

I put them in pollcode so they could be shared outside of PP.O. Feel free to share these links - I am curious about the general feelings regarding the helmet and fonts.

For reference, here are some pics.

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    The poll is missing the option of "love/like/dislike/hate the font, don't care that there are two different types".

I was going to vote for like.... but I want to wait until I see the full uniform on the field during the first game of the year. I believe that only then will I be able to get the real feel for it. However, so far I like the look.

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Yeah, I agree with HEY. I'm honestly 'Meh' on the fonts. I think on some number combinations the serif from the first number works really well with the second (like AP's 2 and 8). But when the second number is a straight edge number (like a 1), the serif looks awkward.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I'm totally fine with the new uniforms, actually like them a lot... even the fonts. Just want football to begin already.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    Yeah, I agree with HEY. I'm honestly 'Meh' on the fonts. I think on some number combinations the serif from the first number works really well with the second (like AP's 2 and 8). But when the second number is a straight edge number (like a 1), the serif looks awkward.
    Yes, that's what I also thought when I first saw the picture of all the Vikings' first round picks together. I'm looking forward to see all the players.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Considering this is probably just hardcore fans voting it looks like the font was a mistake and the helmet is more than average favorable but if it is just Vikings fans voting I would expect positive to overwhelm negative if it was done right.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Where is the ' Worrying about what the team wears is a waste of time' option ?
    Good thing it weren't up to me or they would be wearing purple bib overalls and the cheerleaders, halter tops and hot pants !

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Good thing it weren't up to me or they would be wearing purple bib overalls and the cheerleaders, halter tops and hot pants !
    Change that to tube tops and you get my vote.

I'm sure Loadholt would appreciate those extra buckles.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Probably locked away with the "I don't care where they play" option for those who could watch them play in a pole shed and have just as much fun because it is the candy they enjoy and not the wrapper.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Probably locked away with the "I don't care where they play" option for those who could watch them play in a pole shed and have just as much fun because it is the candy they enjoy and not the wrapper.
    They play in a pole barn now, and I like it just fine, thank you !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast