Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Poll: Has Ponder played enough this preseason?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That could go either way. He hasn't played enough to fix what is wrong but if it isn't fixable then he may have played too much.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I don't think two more preseason games is enough time to get him ready.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't think two more preseason games is enough time to get him ready.
    If it isn't my guess is there would be no amount that would accomplish that task. So in that regards this is all he should get.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I think he should have played more and been encouraged by the coaches to let loose and throw it mid range and deep. I think they had such a tight leash on him early on that he doesn't look down field. I think they drilled it in to him early and often look short.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    That could go either way. He hasn't played enough to fix what is wrong but if it isn't fixable then he may have played too much.
    Well said.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Me thinks having him sit after the INT during the first game was a mistake. That killed what confidence he gained from the end of last season, and it showed in game two.

Keep looking for more 4 yd check down passes on 3rd and 8.........ugh.
    Last edited by Suick; 08-22-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Lets reserve judgement until after this next game. This will be the first time we game plan an opponent. SF has a good Defense so we can base much of the expectations for the season on how he handles pressure etc. I think he will be okay, I dont see us lighting anyone up in the passing game however.......

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    It doesn't matter, he'll start based on his draft position alone... our coaching staff does not assess players based off performance, only on contracts and perceived talent.

In short, our coaching staff is completely incapable of identifying and developing talent. (for example, they still think Ponder is a legit starter)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Well by looking at the numbers I think next season the Vikings will end up recycling veteran QB and his last name will be Manning, whether its Peyton or Eli, these guys just aren't getting it done so far both only have 1 td each and aren't keeping pace with the likes of Tyrod Taylor with 4 so far or yards per game like Sanchez, Glennon or Keenum or QB ratings like Jackson or Weeden. Not sure we have the juice to go out and grab any of these current league leaders but with the salaries the Mannings get the teams that have them could look at cutting their bottom line and just release these cap consumers and the Vikings have been known to recycle former QBs before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast