Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police blotter

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Police blotter

You know, it's been uncharacteristically quiet on the Vikings front as far as news is concerned and it seems that the Vikings have really cut down on their appearances on the police blotter. I looked at the page on PFT and noticed the last entry we had on there was AP getting the resisting arrest charge and that was over a year ago on 7/7/2012 which is a dramatic turnaround from past years where we always had something keeping the team at the top of the news for thing we didn't want to see.

So I think it is in order to congratulate Frazier and Spielman as well as Zygi for ushering in an era of accountability and responsibility that is unifying the team and improving the image of the team.

Anyways, with so many negative threads about the QB play, losing veterans and the like I think this is sort of refreshing and makes it nice to see as a fan.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Although I miss the embarrassment of Love Boats and DUI's (well, not really), and the mentions in Letterman's Top 10 lists, I would like to second your commendation of the GM and Coach. Of course, the end result needs to be a championship...and that comes from putting yourselves in a position to win by executing plays on the field. As a fan, I love the team concept. And I love the personnel we have, in particular guys like AD, Chad, JA, KWill, Sully, Load, BRob...and emerging players like Kalil, Smith, Griffin and Rhodes. This is a great nucleus for a team...now we just need Ponder to perform.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Blog Entries
    Interestingly you get a post about someone who thinks the QB sucks and you get pages of responses but one post about the team doing something right and nobody cares enough to comment. Just sayin.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Interestingly you get a post about someone who thinks the QB sucks and you get pages of responses but one post about the team doing something right and nobody cares enough to comment. Just sayin.
    If it bleeds it reads, I does seem to be looking like the team is smoothed out. When a explayer like Matt Birk comes into camp and commented on his respect for Coach Frazer and that is why his is there; opposed to some inactive crossed-eyed, hands of stone, whiner who want to fight the coach at mid field during halftime.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Because the minute we say how wonderful it is, one of the players will get arrested....,.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    LOL Singer. You are probably right.

Shhhhhhhh.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    LOL Singer. You are probably right.

Shhhhhhhh.
    Samara has already been in motion, the Vikings good deeds have been recognized and Karma is letting us watch the Seahawk

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    If it bleeds it reads, I does seem to be looking like the team is smoothed out. When a explayer like Matt Birk comes into camp and commented on his respect for Coach Frazer and that is why his is there; opposed to some inactive crossed-eyed, hands of stone, whiner who want to fight the coach at mid field during halftime.
    I personally am a fan of not hearing negative news in the media about my favorite team, especially during the off season when most of that shit normally goes down. Now that training camp has started it's going to be even less of an issue with the players' focus being on returning to football. This is a testament to the culture that the Wilf's and company put into place. Speaking of doing things that never get reported, here's a nice piece where Vikings players helped build a playground:
    Vikings Give Back Via 8th Annual Playground Build

The media gets off on posting the negative news that happens in the NFL because that's what gets them ratings, sells their newspapers, gets them ad revenue, you get the idea. I personally am glad that we aren't being discussed right now because that means our team is focused on the task at hand and that is surpassing the Packers and winning the NFC North and making a deep run in the playoffs.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    You know, it's been uncharacteristically quiet on the Vikings front as far as news is concerned and it seems that the Vikings have really cut down on their appearances on the police blotter. I looked at the page on PFT and noticed the last entry we had on there was AP getting the resisting arrest charge and that was over a year ago on 7/7/2012 which is a dramatic turnaround from past years where we always had something keeping the team at the top of the news for thing we didn't want to see.

So I think it is in order to congratulate Frazier and Spielman as well as Zygi for ushering in an era of accountability and responsibility that is unifying the team and improving the image of the team.

Anyways, with so many negative threads about the QB play, losing veterans and the like I think this is sort of refreshing and makes it nice to see as a fan.
    Great post!! Let's stay out of the blotter!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast