Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Point proven again

Childress is learning how to be an effective head coach as his players are also learning to become a cohesive unit.
    Lets not forget how many new players we have at key positions.
    Do you honestly think that any coach would be doing better with essentially a rookie QB, rookie RB, WR, NB, RT, etc?
    He is doing the best with what he has.
    Don't tell me that Childress and the front office aren't trying to get quality players either.
    Remember how horrible the FA class was this offseason?
    He is getting better, and we should all be grateful that our team appears to be on the up and up.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Childress is learning how to be an effective head coach as his players are also learning to become a cohesive unit.
    Do you honestly think that any coach would be doing better with essentially a rookie QB, rookie RB, WR, NB, RT, etc?
    Don't tell me that Childress and the front office aren't trying to get quality players either.
    He is getting better, and we should all be grateful that our team appears to be on the up and up.

Nice post.
    I feel the same in many ways you do jkjuggalo......Carry on Sir...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Not to be negative, but him bringing in good players was never the issue, (except for the whole free agency, but the market sucked so he is not to blame), the main complaint I, and many people have is how predictable the offense had become. But, he did show some promise yesterday, and I would love for him to keep improving and become a great head coach. However, we do not know if he will or not, because just as you can say he didn't do well initially because he hasn't even got through 2 seasons yet, you can't give him too much credit for one win. I'm still on the boat when it comes to Childress, not particularly for him, but I can't blame him for the teams misfortunes.

That being said, that last performance definitely made me more favorable to him, and I'm happy that the Vikings are finally starting to develop somewhat of a swagger.

minnesota is offline Rookie

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "Blood" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "Blood" wrote:
    I suppose trying to run the ball on 3 and 13 was execution also, that could not be Chilly's fault. The man has to go!
    True, true. Very good point.
    more ignorance...what's more important a run on 3rd & 13 or dropped td's by Viking players?
    I think that enlvikeman must be Chilly's wife, if you want to see some good examples of ignorance go back and read most of your own posts. Why do you have to bring name calling into this? Answer, because you can not make your point using logic. Chilly will never make it as a head coach in this league. He needs to go back to coaching high school, I just hope it's not my son's school. Although maybe he is learning, at least he left AP in for the second half today and it looks like we are going to win one.
    Umm ok.

I am pretty sure he has made it as a coach in this league.
    This is his second year as head coach of our Minnesota Vikings.
    I think what he means is be a successful coach in the NFL

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Your logic mystifies me.

He won't ever be a coach in the NFL because of what reason?
    Seems to me the coaches job is to do the following:

.....c.
    Create an environment that ensures team cohesiveness which fosters a winning environement for the organization.
    Hmmmm, again, lots of chances for this team to quit on the HC but he seems to have the team playing great ball.
    IMHO he did a great job with respect to Phat Pat coming in over weight last year, Winfields issues this year, Incident that could have been blown out of proportion last week, etc, ect.
    Much to the chagrin of alot of haters on here, this team has not lost confidence, have bought into the system and are starting to show (with very little game time experience) what the future of this team is gonna look like.....
    Let's not get carried away Marrdro. I haven't seen them playing great ball yet. Some players....yes, sometimes the team as a whole on some plays/drives, but never as an entire team with any consistency.
    Excellent point my friend.
    Keep me reigned back a bit.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikes2456" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Don't tell me that Childress and the front office aren't trying to get quality players either. Remember how horrible the FA class was this offseason?
    Not to be negative, but him bringing in good players was never the issue, (except for the whole free agency, but the market sucked so he is not to blame), the main complaint I, and many people have is how predictable the offense had become. But, he did show some promise yesterday, and I would love for him to keep improving and become a great head coach. However, we do not know if he will or not, because just as you can say he didn't do well initially because he hasn't even got through 2 seasons yet, you can't give him too much credit for one win. I'm still on the boat when it comes to Childress, not particularly for him, but I can't blame him for the teams misfortunes.

That being said, that last performance definitely made me more favorable to him, and I'm happy that the Vikings are finally starting to develop somewhat of a swagger.

It is not true that there were no great players available this offseason. There were several but we weren't interested for one reason or another but it wasn't because talent wasn't there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234