Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Point proven again

    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "Blood" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "Blood" wrote:
    I suppose trying to run the ball on 3 and 13 was execution also, that could not be Chilly's fault. The man has to go!
    True, true. Very good point.
    more ignorance...what's more important a run on 3rd & 13 or dropped td's by Viking players?
    I think that enlvikeman must be Chilly's wife, if you want to see some good examples of ignorance go back and read most of your own posts. Why do you have to bring name calling into this? Answer, because you can not make your point using logic. Chilly will never make it as a head coach in this league. He needs to go back to coaching high school, I just hope it's not my son's school. Although maybe he is learning, at least he left AP in for the second half today and it looks like we are going to win one.
    Son you don't know who your messing with...I would ease up with the name calling.
    Take your 17 posts and be elsewhere noobie.

    Once again Mcauley drops and easy interception.
    He makes it, the game is over.
    Not Childress's fault...player execution.
    But you don't see that.
    Your blinded by a hatred for Childress.
    Childress had the balls to draft AD...the 6 teams before him did not.
    So who is really stupid?
    You have not a clue what your talking about.

    Let me say it again Mcauley makes easy int...game over.
    Childress had nothing to do with it!
    Great post.

    Rookie mistake that he dropped the ball.
    Scheme/coaching had him in the right spot/coverage to have a chance.

    Partial execution good, partial execution bad.
    The young guys will all learn from mistakes like this and will be better players for it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Point proven again

    I have to agree with Marrdro and ELV.

    BTW, Bevell is calling the plays, correct me if I am wrong.
    I think that BEVELL is doing a great job.
    We have lulled defenses into thinking they know what we are going to do and have had guys wide open on some great calls.
    It has been a lack of execution on those plays.
    This play calling is part of the offensive philosophy that Childress have employed with the group of players we have right now.

    Honestly though, if we didn't have AP, this season would be really ugly with the poor execution that we have received in crucial moments.

    Remember, we just beat the Bears in Soldier Field!
    This was a game that could have put us in the gutter with little or no incentive for the guys to want to play the rest of the season.
    Not saying they would have quit after a loss yesterday, but just saying that the reality of winning looks better at 2-3 instead of 1-4.

    I am going to be unbiased and say that in every game, each team has a handful of missed opportunities that could have easily turned a game.
    For this matter, it isn't as far to bring McCauley in the conversation of not executing an INT, his job is D, keep the guy in front, tackle, deflect, and force 4th down, then get turnovers if possible.
    The touchdowns or passes dropped, are definitely lack of execution.
    The offensive guy knows where the ball is suppose to be. He has the advantage and has to make the play when it is thrown his way.
    Yes, it would have been nice for McCauley to get the INT, but he didn't, next down.

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Point proven again

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I have to agree with Marrdro and ELV.

    BTW, Bevell is calling the plays, correct me if I am wrong.
    I think that BEVELL is doing a great job.
    We have lulled defenses into thinking they know what we are going to do and have had guys wide open on some great calls.
    It has been a lack of execution on those plays.
    This play calling is part of the offensive philosophy that Childress have employed with the group of players we have right now.

    Honestly though, if we didn't have AP, this season would be really ugly with the poor execution that we have received in crucial moments.

    Remember, we just beat the Bears in Soldier Field!
    This was a game that could have put us in the gutter with little or no incentive for the guys to want to play the rest of the season.
    Not saying they would have quit after a loss yesterday, but just saying that the reality of winning looks better at 2-3 instead of 1-4.

    I am going to be unbiased and say that in every game, each team has a handful of missed opportunities that could have easily turned a game.
    For this matter, it isn't as far to bring McCauley in the conversation of not executing an INT, his job is D, keep the guy in front, tackle, deflect, and force 4th down, then get turnovers if possible.
    The touchdowns or passes dropped, are definitely lack of execution.
    The offensive guy knows where the ball is suppose to be. He has the advantage and has to make the play when it is thrown his way.
    Yes, it would have been nice for McCauley to get the INT, but he didn't, next down.
    [s]Well said.[/s]
    Adequately articulate my friend.

    Basically, I saw more good than bad yesterday for the first time in a long time (and that includes the Tice era).

    The future is near my friends.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Point proven again

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I have to agree with Marrdro and ELV.

    BTW, Bevell is calling the plays, correct me if I am wrong.
    I think that BEVELL is doing a great job.
    We have lulled defenses into thinking they know what we are going to do and have had guys wide open on some great calls.
    It has been a lack of execution on those plays.
    This play calling is part of the offensive philosophy that Childress have employed with the group of players we have right now.

    Honestly though, if we didn't have AP, this season would be really ugly with the poor execution that we have received in crucial moments.

    Remember, we just beat the Bears in Soldier Field!
    This was a game that could have put us in the gutter with little or no incentive for the guys to want to play the rest of the season.
    Not saying they would have quit after a loss yesterday, but just saying that the reality of winning looks better at 2-3 instead of 1-4.

    I am going to be unbiased and say that in every game, each team has a handful of missed opportunities that could have easily turned a game.
    For this matter, it isn't as far to bring McCauley in the conversation of not executing an INT, his job is D, keep the guy in front, tackle, deflect, and force 4th down, then get turnovers if possible.
    The touchdowns or passes dropped, are definitely lack of execution.
    The offensive guy knows where the ball is suppose to be. He has the advantage and has to make the play when it is thrown his way.
    Yes, it would have been nice for McCauley to get the INT, but he didn't, next down.
    [s]Well said.[/s]
    Adequately articulate my friend.

    Basically, I saw more good than bad yesterday for the first time in a long time (and that includes the Tice era).

    The future is near my friends.
    ;D
    Everyone is entitled to voicing their opinions, but I really think after a win like that where we saw the 3rd best all purpose yds in NFL history and the single game rushing record for the Vikes fall in one day is pretty cool.
    It is cool enough that I am not worried about the coach being fired or lack of execution.

    They day that you see Rice and Peterson have huge days consistently, you will forget who is coaching this team and all that other crap.
    It will be forgotten because we will be winning.
    Oh, who am I kidding, there will still be a bunch of
    negativity, this is a fan site!
    :

  5. #25
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Point proven again

    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Overthrow by Jackson...once again player execution not Childress!

    Missed field goals by Longwell early in the season, etc.
    not Childress's fault!
    Longwell is 8 for 9 this season, with his one miss being the 52-yarder to beat Detroit.
    Which missed "field goals" are you counting?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #26
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Point proven again

    As usual, the Childress haters continue there abuse.

  7. #27
    enlvikeman's Avatar
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: Point proven again

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Overthrow by Jackson...once again player execution not Childress!

    Missed field goals by Longwell early in the season, etc.
    not Childress's fault!
    Longwell is 8 for 9 this season, with his one miss being the 52-yarder to beat Detroit.
    Which missed "field goals" are you counting?

    =Z=
    You are right of course.
    I didn't mean to pluralize field goals.



    "24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

    CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

  8. #28
    enlvikeman's Avatar
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: Point proven again

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Blood" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "Blood" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    [quote author=baumy300 link=topic=38745.msg654393#msg654393 date=1192388171]
    [quote author=Blood Purple link=topic=38745.msg654392#msg654392 date=1192388092]
    I suppose trying to run the ball on 3 and 13 was execution also, that could not be Chilly's fault. The man has to go!
    True, true. Very good point.
    Good stuff brother...I'm not saying Childress is some great coach or is the next Bud Grant...but we have to give the guy a chance.
    For the most part the play calling has been good...he just needs more time...kinda like Bellichick in Cleveland before he was run out of town.

    more ignorance...what's more important a run on 3rd & 13 or dropped td's by Viking players?
    I think that enlvikeman must be Chilly's wife, if you want to see some good examples of ignorance go back and read most of your own posts. Why do you have to bring name calling into this? Answer, because you can not make your point using logic. Chilly will never make it as a head coach in this league. He needs to go back to coaching high school, I just hope it's not my son's school. Although maybe he is learning, at least he left AP in for the second half today and it looks like we are going to win one.
    A little excessive, eh?
    B-Chill might wind up being a great coach...he's conservative right now, but if they tell you to give a quarterback three years to learn a system, why not give a new head coach the same amount of time to install his system?

    Besides, he has a sweet 'stache.

    True a quarterback has to learn the system but a head coach brings in his own system. The only reason that this team improves this year is because of the increased talent pool. I think that the players will win some games in spite of Childress' coaching, not because of it. I could be wrong but only time will tell.
    [/quote]
    Your logic mystifies me.

    He won't ever be a coach in the NFL because of what reason?
    Seems to me the coaches job is to do the following:

    a.
    Work within the organization to put a quality team on the field.
    Hmmmm.
    Pretty young team that is making a few mistakes here and there but I can see the quality in the players that he has brought in.

    b.
    Organize and bring in a staff that can coach said team.
    Hmmmm, again, coaching staff seem to be doing thier job (jury is still out on the OL Coach IMHO
    ;D). Alot of youngsters on the field that seem to be producing at high levels in thier first years (both 2006 and 2007 drafts).

    c.
    Create an environment that ensures team cohesiveness which fosters a winning environement for the organization.
    Hmmmm, again, lots of chances for this team to quit on the HC but he seems to have the team playing great ball.
    IMHO he did a great job with respect to Phat Pat coming in over weight last year, Winfields issues this year, Incident that could have been blown out of proportion last week, etc, ect.
    Much to the chagrin of alot of haters on here, this team has not lost confidence, have bought into the system and are starting to show (with very little game time experience) what the future of this team is gonna look like.

    As for the much missunderstood 3 and long and why did we run instead of pass, a truely knowledgable sports fan would look at the whole picture instead of keying on one little comment made by an announcer (who admited he was wrong by the way) and would look at it from the D-coords perspective.
    I.e what have they done to us so far on 3rd down.......

    3-13-MIN 33
    (2:47) (Shotgun) 29-C.Taylor right guard to MIN 35 for 2 yards (71-I.Idonije).
    4-11-MIN 35
    (2:19) 5-C.Kluwe punts 54 yards to CHI 11, Center-46-C.Loeffler. 23-D.Hester for 89 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

    What should have happened is the Punt coverage crew should have pinned Hester deep (he caught the dam ball with his back to the coverage team.
    Dumb play turned out great.) and with the Defense holding them to minimal yards and we get the ball back.
    Much better than trying to force a pass in our end of the field giving a very good D a score that could switch momentum of the game.

    Sound logic IMHO just bad luck/execution by the coverage team.
    Again, Hester had no business catching that punt let alone running it back.
    He scares me.

    ;D

    Anyway, prime time for the team to crack/fold/crumble etc etc but what do they do?
    Like any well coached team they come back and score vice folding with a mix of pass and run.
    IMHO this drive is what set up the rest of the game as the Boars now are worried about the deep ball.


    Minnesota Vikings at 01:56

    9-R.Gould kicks 66 yards from CHI 30 to MIN 4. 28-A.Peterson to MIN 26 for 22 yards (26-T.McBride).

    Timeout at 01:56.

    1-10-MIN 26
    (1:49) 29-C.Taylor right end to MIN 27 for 1 yard (95-A.Adams).

    2-9-MIN 27
    (1:11) 28-A.Peterson left end to MIN 33 for 6 yards (92-H.Hillenmeyer).

    3-3-MIN 33
    (:27) (Shotgun) 7-T.Jackson pass short middle to 19-B.Wade to MIN 40 for 7 yards (20-A.Archuleta). Penalty on CHI-91-T.Harris, Defensive Offside, declined.

    1-10-MIN 40
    (:06) 7-T.Jackson pass deep left to 82-T.Williamson for 60 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

    8-R.Longwell extra point is GOOD, Center-46-C.Loeffler, Holder-5-C.Kluwe.

    MIN 34

    CHI 31

    Plays: 4

    Possession: 1:56


    As I stated earlier, your logic of him not being a good coach doesn't fit what happened on the field.
    Were there some bonehead moves/plays late.
    You Betchya, however, were there just as many good plays/decisions during the game?
    You Betchya.

    The future is near my friend and it is nearer than some think.
    ;D

    [/quote]



    "24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

    CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

  9. #29
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Point proven again

    "Marrdro" wrote:

    Your logic mystifies me.

    He won't ever be a coach in the NFL because of what reason?
    Seems to me the coaches job is to do the following:

    .....c.
    Create an environment that ensures team cohesiveness which fosters a winning environement for the organization.
    Hmmmm, again, lots of chances for this team to quit on the HC but he seems to have the team playing great ball.
    IMHO he did a great job with respect to Phat Pat coming in over weight last year, Winfields issues this year, Incident that could have been blown out of proportion last week, etc, ect.
    Much to the chagrin of alot of haters on here, this team has not lost confidence, have bought into the system and are starting to show (with very little game time experience) what the future of this team is gonna look like.....
    Let's not get carried away Marrdro. I haven't seen them playing great ball yet. Some players....yes, sometimes the team as a whole on some plays/drives, but never as an entire team with any consistency.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #30
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: Point proven again

    "Blood" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "Blood" wrote:
    I suppose trying to run the ball on 3 and 13 was execution also, that could not be Chilly's fault. The man has to go!
    True, true. Very good point.
    more ignorance...what's more important a run on 3rd & 13 or dropped td's by Viking players?
    I think that enlvikeman must be Chilly's wife, if you want to see some good examples of ignorance go back and read most of your own posts. Why do you have to bring name calling into this? Answer, because you can not make your point using logic. Chilly will never make it as a head coach in this league. He needs to go back to coaching high school, I just hope it's not my son's school. Although maybe he is learning, at least he left AP in for the second half today and it looks like we are going to win one.
    Umm ok.

    I am pretty sure he has made it as a coach in this league.
    This is his second year as head coach of our Minnesota Vikings.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The 12th overall pick has proven value
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 09:11 PM
  2. He does have a point.
    By RK. in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 09:24 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 02:12 PM
  4. Guilty Before Proven Innocent?
    By kevoncox in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 12:44 PM
  5. Who said every point doesn't count...
    By NordicNed in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 08:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •