Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Point Made Smith Says

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:
    i for one am glad childress is sticking to his guns, i was a little peeved about childress blowing smoke up our arses with the acountablility, and the change that we kept hearing about. wasent sure if it was the right choice to make this acountablility #1 priority, but its working, smith isnt mad (good attitude about it), and with the crap thats been going on with this team for 4or 5 years, its a healthy change. i was a little concerned before, but making a statement like this made sure the players know whose in charge (unlike previous coaching staffs).

now, smoot and mckinnie hadent been benched, but correct me if im wrong, but didnt the "code of conduct" come out after the boat scandal?
    so people bringing up that they didnt get benched doesnt hold water (if indeed the code came out afterwards)

anyways, i was skeptical, but im impressed overall with childress. and its only week 1, and had they lost, i still would have been impressed. though winning always helps ;D
    Besides the fact that the code of conduct came after the boat incident, another fact is this.

TICE was the coach during that time, NOT Childress......

I'm sure Childress came in and one of the first things he said and did was ( I remember reading this somewhere) he gave all the players a clean slate and new start in his eyes...

They were both fined by the league one games pay for the boat incident and the team can not punished them further according to the CBA, so this was taken out of Childress's hands.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

It is nice to see the ship turning... So far so good. Lets hope that the coaches and management have the intestinal fortitude to continue the change to a classy organization.

I cant wait to see smith in the mix this week.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Smith will be an "ANIMAL" this week against Carolina trying to prove something.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Jviking" wrote:
    It is nice to see the ship turning... So far so good. Lets hope that the coaches and management have the intestinal fortitude to continue the change to a classy organization.

I cant wait to see smith in the mix this week.

its really nice to see that kinda thing!! i know some packer fans and thats all they got on the vikings so they rub it in good and i hate that. but they have robinson now so im sure he will create some prob for them too

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12