Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Please review these comments

I love williamson and his speed, the thought of him and daunte next season makes my mouth water.
    ;-)

i dont know why people are so interested in replacing moss, i think that if williamson can stretch the field deep and come up with some catches thats about all you can expect from a wr like him.
    I m Down For A Boat Party

straight_party.tripod.com

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Smootluv I think your right, too many people remember the last #1 wr and think the next will be the same. ( I didn't say his name :grin: ) he was a freak! Troy is a rookie and will come around with time, even the wr's drafted a head of him didn't have insane numbers and Caddy will get offensive rookie of the year and he miss part of the year.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

"TMAC604" wrote:
    1. I am happy with the defense (I wish they played better earlier in the season) I am glad that the top 5 tackles on D arent mainly from the secondary. (only 2 - Last year there were 4)

2. I am still not happy with Troy Williamson

3. I hope Birk is ready to go so we can solidify the O-line

4. Culpepper is our man. I hope the new coaching staff can utilize his talents and minimize the mistakes

5. The Vikings will not hire Ted Cotrell as the new head coach

6. I would prefer a free agent running back so we don't put too much pressure on a draft pick. (Look at Williamson)
    1. The defense played well for the entire year, really. Some poors schemes and gave up some big plays but remember they were on the field for 20 minutes a half the first 5 games and when you are that tired it's hard to stop anybody especially with short fields from Turnovers and such. It was tough to mess up a defense with this much talent though, but Ted did his best and succeeded many times. We need a good scheme guy who can use all this talent, perferably someone who is familiar with a cover-2 scheme which i think fits us well.

2. If you or anyone thought he would come out and light up the league in his first year you were mistaken. Williamson has huge upside and learning to use his speed to combine with running good routes. As soon as this guy learns how to play the ball in the air better he'll be an elite WR. You can't judge someone by their rookie season. It's not smart at all. You have to like a guy with this much raw talent.

That being said It wasn't a very good draft this last year at all, lots of mistakes - (Dustin Fox, trading a 5th round pick to move up and take Fason, Williamson, Marcus Johnson - in all these cases we could have made smarter moves)

3. We still need a replacemnet for Goldberg IMO. He is a walking penalty and faulty in the middle. I like Marcus Johnson in that spot, he too has penalty problems but he is more solid and more mobile.

4 for the 6 games Culpepper played in he had lost his top-3 WRs from the previous year, His leading rusher, his top-2 Offensivelinemen, his QB coach, his offensive coordinator AND he was playing with an injury! Tell me who is supposed to have a good season under those circumstances? Daunte is one of the top-3 QBs in the league to think otherwise shows a complete lack of football knowledge and analytical skill.

5. If the Vikings hire either Cottrell or Mike Martz it will be a powerful test to my loyalty and it would make me instantly dislike Zygi Wilf with a fiery contempt. I would actually be longing for Red McCombs back. That is something I definitely don't want to ever do.

6. Honestly, I think we are almost set. Pick up a FA Guard and make sure B-will and Willie Offord Resign and get Koren Robinson into a long term deal. Then break the bank to trade with Houston for Reggie Bush. I don't care if it takes our first round draft picks for the next 3 years. Package picks with Lewinski, Rosenthal and a WR or whateve it takes to get this guy.

Williamson was totally different. There wasn't any real pressure on him. He was never a starter and never going to be, his job was to learn. We had 4 talented veteran WRs ahead of him to help him learn and develop into the elite WR his definitely going to be.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Williamson can only be what he was brought on earth to be, and that is Troy, he is not Moss, and I think he'll be something special for the Vikings.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

There are two types of Williamson haters: The people who were so bitter about the Moss trade they never gave Troy a chance and the people who wanted Mike Williams. I could be accused of being in the first category but I am not a Troy hater, just a Moss backer. I have always supported Troy but at times didn't agree with the pick once the team decided to groom him slowly. The second type is an odd bunch because you never hear Mike Williams name thrown around but these same people have evolved into Troy haters. I can understand high expectations for the kid but he did well and when they use him more, I believe he will produce. The haters need to relax. The kid will be good, hopefully sooner rather than later.

[color=red]

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Bush is great and all but wow wow. Teams win games, division titles, championships, and SB's without Bush. Way to much for one single guy who can get hurt in one play.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I didn't like the pic one bit, i was a Mike Williams fan, i'm happy things turned out the way they did. I have no problem with saying i was wrong.

Williamson has proved alot to me and looks to have a bright future.

I do agree though i think its the moss biterness lingering.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I didn't want Moss to go, but that's what happened, what irked me is what we got in return. Which should be a lesson to any team, never make a trade for anyone playing defense for the Faiders.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I didn't like the pic one bit, i was a Mike Williams fan, i'm happy things turned out the way they did. I have no problem with saying i was wrong.

Williamson has proved alot to me and looks to have a bright future.

I do agree though i think its the moss biterness lingering.

I was probably the biggest mike williams fan there was, but never used that to hate the williamson pick. I understood exactly who we drafted and what and how long it was gonna take him, before he would be a quality starting NFL WR. I still think Mike Williams is a good receiver and will be a good one in the NFL with time and if he ever gets in a good system with a good QB. I think he would have put up much better #'s here this season then williamson did, but over their careers I think williamson has the higher ceiling and will have a better career. It helps that he is here in a much better system. I have said many times before that where you get drafted, the system you start out in, and the coaches and teammates you are surrounded by as a young football player, determine so much of what you become and can easily make you into a star or a bust.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12