Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TMAC604 is offline Starter

Please review these comments

1. I am happy with the defense (I wish they played better earlier in the season) I am glad that the top 5 tackles on D arent mainly from the secondary. (only 2 - Last year there were 4)

2. I am still not happy with Troy Williamson

3. I hope Birk is ready to go so we can solidify the O-line

4. Culpepper is our man. I hope the new coaching staff can utilize his talents and minimize the mistakes

5. The Vikings will not hire Ted Cotrell as the new head coach

6. I would prefer a free agent running back so we don't put too much pressure on a draft pick. (Look at Williamson)

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Please review these comments

Ok. Now what?

Do I have to sign something and I get a free T-shirt? :lol:

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

1. Me 2.. we are covering which gives us turnovers, turnovers decides games..

2. Im Neither, but its rare too see a WR dominate the first year..

3. Me2.. he's the hear of that line..

4. Yep.. me2

5. Of course not.. as others has said, Vikings need to interview one minority coach, so i just think he fills that spot..

6. me2.. - and then draft Offensive Guard Max Jean-Gilles.. on ABC now.. from Georgia..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

ooooh free T-shirt! Wait is this one of those credit card application things??
    ;-)

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I think when the Vikings get Williamson more involved next year the results could be satisfying, it also could have been hard to get in more playing time when you had guys like Koren, Marcus and Nate ahead of you on the depth chart.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

I don't really understand what people expected from williamson? I think pretty much everyone knew he was the one WR in the draft that had the RAW label on him because he just hadn't played in a passing offense yet. It isn't an overnight thing and will take time for him to develope.

But really, what did we expect a RAW young WR to do in his rookie year, while splitting time with 4 other good WR's, in an offense that was pretty darn crappy, with not very good QB play and no running game to open up the passing game?

Personally I like what I saw from williamson this year, even though it was very little. I saw a kid that was willing to block and looked much much better at blocking, then I gave him credit for coming out of college. He showed that he can make some tough catches and doesn't have horrible hands. I wouldn't say his hands look like they are great, but for all the grief he was getting in training camp for a few drops, everyone expected him to drop every pass that wasn't perfectly thrown. He also looked like he is gonna develope into a good route runner. He seemed to run very crisp routes from what I saw of him.

I would start him and burleson next season and give him a bunch of special plays that play to his strengths.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

This is the strangest title of a thread in awhile. I thought it would be something we'd be asked to remember or maybe some contradicting quotes from someone associated with the Vikings. I guess this was one way to get people to read your random and rather insipid opinions.

[color=red]

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    I don't really understand what people expected from williamson? I think pretty much everyone knew he was the one WR in the draft that had the RAW label on him because he just hadn't played in a passing offense yet. It isn't an overnight thing and will take time for him to develope.

But really, what did we expect a RAW young WR to do in his rookie year, while splitting time with 4 other good WR's, in an offense that was pretty darn crappy, with not very good QB play and no running game to open up the passing game?

Personally I like what I saw from williamson this year, even though it was very little. I saw a kid that was willing to block and looked much much better at blocking, then I gave him credit for coming out of college. He showed that he can make some tough catches and doesn't have horrible hands. I wouldn't say his hands look like they are great, but for all the grief he was getting in training camp for a few drops, everyone expected him to drop every pass that wasn't perfectly thrown. He also looked like he is gonna develope into a good route runner. He seemed to run very crisp routes from what I saw of him.

I would start him and burleson next season and give him a bunch of special plays that play to his strengths.

I think a lot of people expected him to be our replacement for moss, which was a bad expectation to have of a rookie and of someone who isn't moss. Yes he's fast and eventually i can see him being great, but it's hard to find a replacement for randy, especially in williamson because he's shorter and can't do the jump routes in the endzone, that's robinson's job now.
    ;-)

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Number 5 is a no-brainer.

It's also gonna take some work on Culpepper's part to limit his mistakes, that is, if he's still here.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Nice post muchluv!

One of you Williamson haters come out and show yourself. Please tell us what dont you like about williamson. What did he do wrong. All i hear is I DONT LIKE HIM. Wow that was discriptive.

It could be alot worse, he could be everthing the experts told us he wasn't good at, blocking and catching footballs, like muchluv said he was impressed and so was I.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast