Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    norsefan is offline Training Camp

Please CUT Bernard Berrian!

Yes, I am writing this in the first Half of the Vikings Home Opener. The Vikings are up 10 - 0, and Bernard Berrian could still have a career day; yet, I have had enough. We drastically overspent when we signed him from the Bears. At best, he has been a go-deep decoy. At age 31 his NFL speed is only marginal.
    If he was a "hands" Recevier that worked his way into seams and made Catches I
    could see keeping him. However, at age 31, with marginal NFL speed, no hands, and coming off the previous off-season where he was a low-level celebrity wanna be - PULLLEEEZE CUT BERNARD BERRIAN! I really hope that in the Second Half he catches 5 balls for 150 yards; but I do not see that happening. With our multiple Tight end set, and his declining skills; PULLLEEEZE CUT BERNARD BERRIAN. Bring back either Jaymar, or iglesias ; they are both faster, younger, cheaper, humbler, have more wiggle, and they can drop the ball at least as good as BB. They can both play Special Teams, and they are at least as good as a deep-decoy as BB. PULLLEEEZE CUT BERNARD BERRIAN. What do you think?

I don't think they should go that far. He's not the best WR in the world, but he's capable and a good second or third option in the passing game. He's not going to make huge plays and become Andre Johnson or Roddy White, but he's a solid player for the Vikes, and it's not like we'll find anyone who would be an upgrade, especially now.
    Vikings fan from Boston

SKOL VIKINGS!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Moss

How is BB solid? Other BB fans please tell us! I saw him drop the easiest sure First Down pass possible, and I saw his non-separation from Aqib Talib...then he as SILENT because the (my opinion) Coaches saw what I saw; an over-rated, declining, over-paid prima donna WR who is now not even a valuable decoy. In his younger days it was reported that he had 4.5 speed. That is hardly legitimate deep threat speed. Now,at age 31 he probably runs 4.6+. He has no wiggle to get free, and all he is now is a Salary Cap liability. He may still catch a ball or 2 this game, yet that will not change my opinion. PULLEEEZE CUT BERNARD BERRIAN!

Because just now he caught a 25+ yard (I believe) reception over the middle.

That's the role he needs to play, and he'll be fine at it.
    Vikings fan from Boston

SKOL VIKINGS!

Jaymar, or Iglesias would have done that for $4million less. I told you that he may still catch a ball or 2 this game. My opinion does not change. PULLLEEZE CUT BERNARD BERRIAN.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonVikingsFan View Post
    I don't think they should go that far. He's not the best WR in the world, but he's capable and a good second or third option in the passing game. He's not going to make huge plays and become Andre Johnson or Roddy White, but he's a solid player for the Vikes, and it's not like we'll find anyone who would be an upgrade, especially now.
    No...he's not any of those things.

He's crap. Complete crap. Has been for 3 years. Can't get open, can't catch, can't do jack. Just eats up a roster spot and absorbs salary cap.

We would be better off with Marrdro at WR.

Caine

I never said that the Vikings don't have multiple weaknesses as witnessed today. BB is our highest paid WR, our senior WR, I suppose that makes him our WEAK #1 WR. 4 targets for 1 catch. Somehow good #1 WRs end up with more than 1 catch. Waste of $ here for an older, declining "#1" WR. PULLLLEEEEZE CUT BERNARD BERRIAN!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    I have hated on Berrian since he was a Bear. Terrible then, Terrible now.
    We're bringing purple back.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    We should have cut him after his 99 yard TD against the Bears because it has been all down hill from there.

Or else we should bring Gus back because he was the only QB who could get production out of him.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast