Cymro is offline Waterboy

Pleas Help, Visiting Minnesota

Hey, from the UK and want to come out to watch a Vikings game. Was just wondering whats Minnesota like as a place to visit? any guys from the UK been out to Minnesota? what was their experience like?

Please help

Much appreciated

Cymro

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Easy to answer - go there and you won't regret going I promise you. I've only been to the TC but am determined to explore outside of there and see more of the state.
    From the point of the view of Minneapolis its a lovely place to visit and, even though its a city, doesn't feel closed in like some do. Safe to walk around and the people are friendly and welcoming. Some good shopping in the downtown area and nightlife as well. If you want a good day out then visit the Mall of America - easy to get to and plenty to see.

Finally gameday - if you've never been to a NFL game before then its a must do experience, from pre-game tailgating, the game and the whole atmosphere. Better still if you're used to seeing Bears, Bucs, Pats, etc shirts as we do in the UK then to go to a game where it's a sea of purple everywhere is so good to see - you have to experience it to appreciate it.

There's several from the UK here that have been out, feel free to ask any questions and we'll try to answer and help.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Would be great to see and visit you at the PP.O tailgate if you ever make a game.. I know a few of you UKers have visited Minnesota, I recall chatting with a few of you over-the-ponders.

If there's any particular questions you have (points of interest, walking paths, etc), be sure to ask. There's many of us who'll be glad to help!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Do you know what game you are planning on going to? Early games, like the season opener will probably be the best in terms of fan experience since we will still have some hope... Also, the weather will be much nicer.

Let us know when you are planning on coming, and we will be sure to roll our the purple carpet for you at tailgating!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Cymro is offline Waterboy
    Planning a short trip in 2013 to watch a game, say a 4-5 day trip, as I have fixed hols (last week of October and 2 weeks over Christmas) I was wondering if there was anybody on here that has been out to Minnesota from the UK to watch a game? What was it like? Is a 4-5 day trip ok to do? As in not a wasted journey to come all the way over to the States for that amount of time. Can you fly directly from the UK to Minnesota?

Thanks in advance guys.

PS any other things a new fan should know about the Vikings please let me know.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Pleas Help, Visiting Minnesota

AngloVike is our resident traveling guru, so I will defer. I think he was member #3 on the site, too, something like that. 4-5 days there is plenty to do!