Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    K-Robbing18 is offline Rookie

Re: Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?!?

Man it looks promising, but we still need to improve a lot.
    As for trying to make it to the big dance, we need a offensive that doesnt always depend on out defense. But i see us having a great chance at winning the next 3 or 4 games.

Yeah thats right, me with probably the onlu K-ROB jersey Autograph, and Nate "the great" Burleson

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

If we can get a lil O going I totally think we can win this division.. Bears schedule is way harder and I don't see Orton bringing them very far way into the season.. Cedric might be out for season and Jones seems to be injury prone.. I think the Bears will start choking a lil bit.. Starting with the Panthers next week!

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"ncviking" wrote:
    1. Going into yesterday’s game, the Vikes had the most wicked road schedule that I’ve seen in the league in a long time! Every respective opponent was in first place in their division, Cincinnati (6-2); Atlanta (6-2); Chicago (5-3); Carolina (6-2); and the Giants (6-2). Though we were blown out in all except the Giants game, it’s tough to criticize a poor road record with that level of competition.

2. Combined record of teams the Vikes have lost to: 32-13 (.710) (WOW!); combined record of teams they have beaten 14-19 (.424); combined record of remaining opponents: 28-35 (.444); combined record of remaining opponents minus Pitt and Chi: 15-30 (.333). They are beating the teams they should, and losing to the top teams in the NFL. Given this, it is possible they could finish the season out 5-2, which might be enough to win the division or make the playoffs at 9-7. Once in the playoffs, anything can happen.
    I think your first two points are contradictory. You say in the playoffs, anything can happen. But who will we be playing against? Good teams. The top teams in the NFL. And we will be playing on the road. So if we are losing all our games we have against good teams, that doesn't give me confidence if we do make the playoffs.

"ncviking" wrote:
    4. Two of three team components are gelling, special teams and defense. Offense was never a problem for the Vikes in the past (with or without Pep) so it seems likely that this would be the easiest piece to correct. If the offense gets hot and the D and special teams continue to play at this level, look out!
    I agree with you with the special teams, but not so much with the defence. So far, with the exception of the Giants game, our defence has been pretty crappy. And I must say that Eli and the Giants were pretty much moving the ball at will against us. Our defence really stepped it up in the red zone, but we can't always count on that.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Vikings as much as the next guy and I want them to do as well as possible. I just don't want to be getting my hopes up too high because I really don't see them doing much this year. Our best player is out for the year, and our offence has been brutal. So far, anytime we've faced some good competition (except the Giants) we've been blown out. We've only been able to beat up on the bottom feeders.

I hope I'm wrong. We're on a 2 game winning streak, maybe we've turned it around. I sure hope so.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

We got lucky beating the Giants. Don't get me wrong I am really happy we did but our offense got blown out in this game. No TD's and a last min field goal is not a playoff caliber team. Our offense scored 3 pts. At this point if we make the playoffs we will simply get blown out in the first round. The weakness is very apparent. No O line, No RB, really crappy coaching. Unless we fix these things winning the division means just that, we won in a weak division. I am excited that the Vikes seem to be improving in some areas but not the offense unfortunately. If you don't have an offense you are not going anywhere in the NFL.

WWBGD

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Rk I agree with alot of that.. Yes we did get lucky.. But maybe we can take something from this.. If we win the division it won't be easy either man.. And I don't think our division is weak.. The Bears are an awesome team dude.. Packers are under achieving and barley losing games.. Still a good team.. And the Lions are a decent young team.. Yah I don't see us going far in the playoffs but it would be nice to get in and get some experience.. And if we win the division we got some bragging rights

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Ya, the D still needs toimprove. Even on that Sharper INT 4 a TD, they were marching, the next series they moved down field and got a FG.

I am happy that they played better in the red zone.

Tiki had a lot of yards. I think the goal must have been just to keep Tiki in front of them and not let him break one. We weren't as run D conscious this week. If we had more confidence in our pass D(this week), I think we could have played mor Run D.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

About Chicago, they've won the games they should and you can't take away from them for that, but has there ever been a worse 6-3 team. This statement could very well be proven wrong over the next couple weeks, but hopefully we're just able to keep pace and have the last game of the season determine the division.

That blocked FG return, I've now seen the replay at least 10 times, and every time I see it, I see 2 obvious blocks in the back and one questionable side/back, one against the kicker. A great play either way you look at it, but the Bears should have been penalized on that return.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    If we can get a lil O going I totally think we can win this division.. Bears schedule is way harder and I don't see Orton bringing them very far way into the season.. Cedric might be out for season and Jones seems to be injury prone.. I think the Bears will start choking a lil bit.. Starting with the Panthers next week!

both Detroit and Chicagos schedule is more difficult in my opinion. I say that we have a decent chance.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Rk I agree with alot of that.. Yes we did get lucky.. But maybe we can take something from this.. If we win the division it won't be easy either man.. And I don't think our division is weak.. The Bears are an awesome team dude.. Packers are under achieving and barley losing games.. Still a good team.. And the Lions are a decent young team.. Yah I don't see us going far in the playoffs but it would be nice to get in and get some experience.. And if we win the division we got some bragging rights
    I agree bragging rights would be nice this year. I wouldn't say the Bears are "awsome". The Colts are awsome, the Bears are OK. :razz: I think we do have a shot at the division. I hope the addition of Fontoni (sp?) will do a lot for us.

WWBGD

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

yes our start shed was so hard. and our next few games look easy, but they still are games we have to win no matter what. whatever it takes should be our modo for the rest of the season.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast