Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?!?

Playoffs?

No.

I didn't expect the playoffs or even the record that they have now. What I hoped to see was incremental development of the team building towards next year.

I don't expect to win many more games but I do expect to see them playing hard and I expect to see a little extra mustard in their play against division rivals. If they look list, listless and uninspired it will say all it needs to.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I said at the beginning I'd take 8-8 this year and even that is going to be tough to do. As one poster said, we just don't win games we're not supposed to. I can see us winning in St. Louis and maybe stealing one from the Bears or Packers at home, but that's about it. I've had no illusions about playoffs. Too many things need to be fixed- Ponder being the first and most important one. And we need someone he can throw to.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I said at the beginning I'd take 8-8 this year and even that is going to be tough to do. As one poster said, we just don't win games we're not supposed to. I can see us winning in St. Louis and maybe stealing one from the Bears or Packers at home, but that's about it. I've had no illusions about playoffs. Too many things need to be fixed- Ponder being the first and most important one. And we need someone he can throw to.
    Even if Ponder improved the defense isn't a play off caliber defense. Looks like another year or two of rebuilding to me.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    I just hope we can win another game :/

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Even if Ponder improved the defense isn't a play off caliber defense. Looks like another year or two of rebuilding to me.
    Vikings rank 11th in NFL in Total defense (YPG) and 17th in Scoring Defense. Not horrible. But we rank 22nd in Total Offense and 30th in Pass Offense. And the 22nd in Total Offense is due to Peterson and the running game ranking in the top five. 30th in Pass Offense is horrible. Yes, defense needs to get better, but a tweak here and there should get it done. Pass offense needs revamped entirely. As does the OC position.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Vikings rank 11th in NFL in Total defense (YPG) and 17th in Scoring Defense. Not horrible. But we rank 22nd in Total Offense and 30th in Pass Offense. And the 22nd in Total Offense is due to Peterson and the running game ranking in the top five. 30th in Pass Offense is horrible. Yes, defense needs to get better, but a tweak here and there should get it done. Pass offense needs revamped entirely. As does the OC position.
    Agreed. Fix Ponder and the team will be much better.
    BTW, I doubt the defense will finish 11th now that they are entering the tough part of the schedule.
    Last edited by smegmavike; 11-29-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12