Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Playoffs -Outside Looking In

i dont think we have a chance maybe a slim one, if brad keeps playing crappy we definitly wont have a chance

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

Ya know, I don't wanna limp into the playoffs just to get slaughtered. Just making the playoffs doesn't float my boat, unless it represents an upswing in performance leading into hope for next year, something I can't see if BJ is the QB. If either of the other two QBs are leading this team, and the offense finds a spark from them, then yeah; but not one of these lame, just made it performances from a lameduck, lame arm QB that I hope will NOT be the starter next year. Don't wanna see it. Give me my draft pick so I can get a WR, or, Lord help us, another O-lineman.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    No way, no how.. The Vikings had no idea at all that the other NFC teams were going to lose today, and they fell flat on their faces.. They knew going into this game in Chicago that it was a must win in order to keep their playoff hopes alive, and what do they do? They suck it up in every way possible and lose the game..

It is like they don't care at all as long as those paychecks keep coming in.. Brad Childress absolutely sucks at play calling, and Brad Johnson is showing everybody exactly why it was that Washington, and Tampa Bay let him go.. He is a "old QB" that has lost a step or two when in his entire career he only had a step or two..

The Vikings IMHO, have no shot at making the playoffs this season.. They knew how important this game against Chicago was, and they messed it up like usual.. There are other teams that deserve it more, and at this moment, they should make it before the Vikings do.. This reminds me alot of those days like 2 years ago when they had Arizona beat to make it to the playoffs and they got lazy and ended up losing the game and not making the playoffs.. Or like the 98 NFC Championship game against the Giants when they got demolished at home knowing all that they had to do was stick to the gameplan that got them there and they would be in the SB.. They may have different players, a different owner, and different coaches, but one thing is the same, they play with no heart..
    I just wanted to make a correction..don't mean to offend..98 we lost to the Falcons with the missed field goal by Gary Anderson..2000 was when the Giants whooped us.
    And I agree..we do not deserve a playoff spot. It's a waste of a spot- even if we got in we'd fall flat on our faces right off the bat. Next year. I'm ready to put TJack in and let him get some experience. And I wouldn't mind letting Fason pick up more carries, and give Chester time to heal up from the beatings he's had this season. I absolutely love Chester, and hope next year goes even better for him.

MplsViking is offline Starter

For everyone who has given up on the season (maybe rightfully so), there is still hope for us vikes fans.
    We are only 1 game out of the wildcard, with us being 5-7 and 4 teams being 6-6.
    I know for a fact we hold the tiebraker against the Panthers, and our non conference record is fairly good, which matters in the standings.
    So, before everyone gives up all hope on the season I just want you to know that we could still get to the playoffs.
    Maybe we can win out (it is possible) and have a couple other teams drop some games, then BOOM, as John Madden would say, we are in the playoffs.
    So, lets go Vikes, win out, make us all proud and lets get to the Playoffs!!!!!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

What are you talking about?
    We can RUN the ball we are fine. Minnesota makes the playoff's and some noise.

"MEN WE STAY THE COURSE"

"idahovikefan7" wrote:
    Yeah even if we some how did make wild-card, it would be a waist of time for our opponent. The offense has just played way too bad (worst redzone team in NFL) with BC's horrible calls when we actually do make it to the redzone.

Now is all I have to look forward to is watching my Boise State broncos smoke Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

GO BRONCOS

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

MplsViking is offline Starter

sorry, just noticed (I think) we're talking about this in another thread.
    But, if I am wrong (which I don't think I am) feel free to reply to the VIKES having a shot at the playoffs in this thread

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I believe we can make the playoffs by winning out but not with our current QB. I think we can all agree he lost that game for us, along with the special teams.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

You really expect us to win the rest of our games if Tarvaris is quarterbacking? I highly doubt that would happen. The kid is a rookie. He's going to make bad decisions and he's going to turn it over. Look at yesterday. He was in for 4 plays and turned it over. It happens to every rookie QB.
    [/quote]

How many times has Brad fumbled and he is a vet?!.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Whats this crap?
    Hey if we are in, we have a chance!
    I pull for the vikings make the playoff, if
    not only to bloody a few noses before going out!

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Whats this crap?
    Hey if we are in, we have a chance!
    I pull for the vikings make the playoff, if
    not only to bloody a few noses before going out!

Mike
    *** I should not evade the word censor *** yeah
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast