Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikez06 is offline Starter

playoff scenerios

Okay this year i think were better off then last year.. we have a 2 game lead over the rest of the field... the bucs lions bears and etc... (5-7)

All we have to do is finish 3 and 4 and were in! i really think the last 2 games will be critical

I would be lieing if i told you all i wasnt worried about Gb Detroit and washington.
    First of all Detroit almost beat us in the DOME. Secone of all the Redskins are 5-0 when any one of their rushers gets over 100 yards in a game..
    UH OH :|

And we all know GB Is always a tough game

Man i really hope we can do it... dont wanna see another Arizona repeat

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

playoff scenerios

I am not going to say if we make the playoffs that we had a good season.

This team has a lot to prove, and if they can not start playing better and win the division but they make the playoffs it is a bad season!

I do think Tice's job is still on the line!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

playoff scenerios

I think the seahawks games is the second most important game...just under the Pack... the reason is they are 6 and 5...big deal right? well, i don't want the same thing to happen last year... seahawks made it, the pack made it, but where were we? wondering how the fuck we messed up that season... a win against the seahawks will guarentee a playoff spot as long as the vikes win one other game. seahawks are still on a downslide... so they may falter even enough to only get a wildcard also...just like last year... 9-6 vikes makes the playoffs.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

playoff scenerios

I think the seahawks games is the second most important game...just under the Pack... the reason is they are 6 and 5...big deal right? well, i don't want the same thing to happen last year... seahawks made it, the pack made it, but where were we? wondering how the fuck we messed up that season... a win against the seahawks will guarentee a playoff spot as long as the vikes win one other game. seahawks are still on a downslide... so they may falter even enough to only get a wildcard also...just like last year... 9-6 vikes makes the playoffs.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

playoff scenerios

At this point the most important game is the Lions and the Pack. The Lions just gained one game on us this last weekend. Also, we just lost a North Div. game. I am not going into the unthinkable. Why we talking about the Playoffs?

We are walking a dangerous line here. We need to take one game at a time. In that sense, the Seahawks are the most important game on the schedule. Play every game like it is the last. One week at a time. The game that week is the Absolute Most Important game of the season.

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

playoff scenerios

You all want interesting, let's see what I can do for you

Next week:
    Vikings beat Seattle
    Baltimore beats Giants
    New Orleans beats Dallas (or Dallas loses tonight)
    Green Bay beats Detroit
    Jacksonville beats Chicago
    St Louis beats Carolina
    San Diego beats Tampa Bay

Provided this all happens the Vikings go to 8-5 and 7th place is 5-8 meaning we would need just one more win, or loss from those million teams that are tied to lock up a playoff berth. Of those in contention we would obviously have the tiebreaker over New Orleans and Dallas but not the Giants. I love this time of year

Sig courtesy of josdin00

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

playoff scenerios

If we beat the lions and Packers we have a very good chance of winning the division.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

playoff scenerios

"eastcoastvikes" wrote:
    You all want interesting, let's see what I can do for you

Next week:
    Vikings beat Seattle
    Baltimore beats Giants
    New Orleans beats Dallas (or Dallas loses tonight)
    Green Bay beats Detroit
    Jacksonville beats Chicago
    St Louis beats Carolina
    San Diego beats Tampa Bay

Provided this all happens the Vikings go to 8-5 and 7th place is 5-8 meaning we would need just one more win, or loss from those million teams that are tied to lock up a playoff berth. Of those in contention we would obviously have the tiebreaker over New Orleans and Dallas but not the Giants. I love this time of year

No wonder why all the commentators trash the NFC! Sounds pretty pathetic doesn't it. We will make the playoffs because NFC teams can't win consistantly.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

playoff scenerios

actually the vikes need to win all of their games!!! and win the division and at least end up the 3rd seed or 2nd. not likely to happen but that is best case. the vikes suck on the road and outdoors. injuries have devastated the D and Oline and limited our ability to crush teams right off the bat. the vikes can beat anyone in this league and if we get a home game or two......lookout. gameplans are the key!!!!

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

playoff scenerios

These are my predictions for the week and what I believe the playoff picture will look like at the end of next sunday...This is granted Seattle wins tonight as well.

Philly and Atlanta will win.
    Green Bay will beat Detroit
    Minnesota will beat Seattle hands down
    Carolina will beat a battered St. Louis team at home (Marc Bulger will not play in this one)
    Baltimore beats New York
    San Diego Beats Tampa

That puts the playoff picture like this...
    1) Philadelphia 12-1 HFA
    2) Atlanta 10-3 BYE
    3) Green Bay 8-5
    4) Seattle 7-6
    5) Minnesota 8-5
    6) CAROLINA 6-7
    ---------------------------------
    St. Louis 6-7
    Detroit, Chicago, New York Tampa Bay - 5-8

*Granted a scenario like this happens, Both the Packers and Vikes are up 2 games with only 3 games remaining. This would all but put the Packers in the Playoffs because they have tie breakers over Carolina and St. Louis.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast