vwo32 is offline Training Camp

Playoff Scenario

I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I know that we need to either win next week or hope that Carolina or the Rams lose. Here is my question. If Carolina wins next week, the Rams win out, and we lose is there any chance that we make the playoffs. I read in the paper that there is a complicated set of scenarios which could still send us to the playoffs even if all these things happen. My question is, what is that scenario. I know that we won't have as good of record against NFC opponents as either Carolina or the Rams. How could we still get in if this all happens, or is what I read a mistake?
    I hope it doesn't come down to this, but I want to know who to root for just in case.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Playoff Scenario

Very good question, i was wondering the same thing, its very unlikly that the rams can beat eagles in philly and the jets, very unlikly.

But i'm sure there is someone that can fill us in on this.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Playoff Scenario

Prepare yourself for the worst...it's all part of being a Vikings fan. It's what makes us strong,

If Carolina and St Louis both win out and we do not win we do not get in due to the confrence record tie breaker.

Do you really want to see this poorly coached drag azz team play in the post season?

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Playoff Scenario

Ok, i'll be rooting for philly hard core tonight!

vwo32 is offline Training Camp

Playoff Scenario

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Prepare yourself for the worst...it's all part of being a Vikings fan. It's what makes us strong,

If Carolina and St Louis both win out and we do not win we do not get in due to the confrence record tie breaker.

Do you really want to see this poorly coached drag azz team play in the post season?
    Are you sure about this? It does make sense. However, I did read that there was a scenario that we could get in even if all these things do go against us. Did you hear that there was no chance for us if these things do go against us.
    And to answer your question: hell yes I want to see this team in the post season. The NFC is wide open. We have lost the majority of our games on the last play of the game, how can you be so sure that it will happen again in the playoffs. Whose to say we won't make that one extra play that we haven't made in the regular season. Whose to say we won't get that holding call against us that cost us last game. Whose to say that the refs won't award us with the fumble when we come out of the pile with it like we did in GB. There are many games this season where one play or one call made the difference in the game. Anything can happen in the playoffs. It's not like we would need a miracle. We don't even need luck, we just need to avoid shooting ourselves in the foot, and that can be done, believe it or not.

Playoff Scenario

Thats a good point VW, just goes to show you just how alive we would be if we got in the playoffs. I'm not so quick to say that our defense would suck in the playoffs, with winfield back and CC leading the LB crew we can win some games.