Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Playoff Picture

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I won't be too disappointed if we don't make the playoffs. Never expected us to be in a position where we would even be talking about it this year. That said, I will definitely cheer for them to make the playoffs and win every time they line up.
    I agree.

Although I know I get a negative label and all and I can handle that but really what I want and wanted to see is progress. If that means we only won 3 games again but looked much better at the end of the year at the QB, WR and had momentum going into next I would have been fine knowing we had that resolved.

This was a great win to have without question. The next 2 games will tell us a lot about the team, the QB and the WR position. Hopefully I am wrong and we don't have to worry about addressing them after the season.

I think we are good at RB.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I think we are good at RB.
    Does that mean you won't be asking for us to trade him this year?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Does that mean you won't be asking for us to trade him this year?
    Never say never.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I won't get my hopes up for playoffs. I'm actually pretty happy we've done as well as we have this year. If we had a QB and a reciever or two we might be in it. But no amount of Viking ineptitude or bad luck surprises me after 42 years of rooting for this team. Purple Floyd, don't feel too bad about a negative attitude- you've rightfully earned it- as have all Vikings fans.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us make the playoffs too, but I'm not going to torture myself by getting my hopes up. I've been a Viking fan far too long to fall for that lol. The only thing I'm hoping for now is to see AD reach 2000 and possibly break the record.

In fact, I'd much rather see us lose twice giving AD 35 carries a game trying to get him the record than win twice and see him fall short, because at best we squeak in as the 6th seed and then we're 1 and done in another embarrassing road playoff loss. AD wants that record and he deserves that record.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us make the playoffs too, but I'm not going to torture myself by getting my hopes up. I've been a Viking fan far too long to fall for that lol. The only thing I'm hoping for now is to see AD reach 2000 and possibly break the record.

In fact, I'd much rather see us lose twice giving AD 35 carries a game trying to get him the record than win twice and see him fall short, because at best we squeak in as the 6th seed and then we're 1 and done in another embarrassing road playoff loss. AD wants that record and he deserves that record.
    Man, do I know that feeling.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Viking in Arkansas is offline Training Camp
    Great game today. While the scenario didn't play out exactly like I thought, it definitely wasn't too far off.

Now, we should be Baltimore fans this afternoon. If Baltimore beats the Giants, then all we have to do is beat the Packers. I do not know who would hold the tie breaker between us and the Giants, but the Redskins and Cowboys play next week, so the winner of that wins their division. The Giants will be fighting us and the bears for the wildcard. We hold the tie breaker over the bears, but I am not sure who holds it between us and the Giants, so I will be rooting for the Ravens to make things simple. Next week is going to be a lot of fun!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen , we are not winning out, winning the division or doing anything in the playoffs.

Holy crap the reverse jedi mind trick worked!

Now for my follow up-

Ladies and Gentlemen we are not beating the Packers in the wild card game, not going to the NFCCG and we sure as hell are not going to and winning the SB.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456