Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Picture

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If the Packers win one more game (Titans), they win the division regardless if both the Bears & us beat them. We don't control our own destiny if the Bears win, we need to rely on the Titans beating GB also. Even at that, it then comes down to tie breakers which would be. best won-lost-tied percentage in common games and if a tie there, best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    This seems incorrect. Assuming we win out, we would have the same head to head and divisional record, so it would go to common opponents, which we would win thanks to beating SF. You're correct in saying that we wouldn't control our own destiny, because the Bear's would have a better potential record.

We would have the tiebreaker over the Giants, but not the Cowboys. We stand a good chance if we win out, but that's a pretty big if.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by midgensa
    Dead on right here. If we can win out. Then we have a shot at the frickin division. I don't think most people realize that and are rooting for the Packers this weekend to get the Bears closer to us.

I want the Bears to win ... then we control our own destiny for a division crown.
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Everyone realizes it. Nobody believes.
    If Ponder should come out of his coma, it could happen.
    Will it?
    Well, I'm a Viking fan. Redundant disappointment has led to pessimism.
    If the Packers win one more game (Titans), they win the division regardless if both the Bears & us beat them. We don't control our own destiny if the Bears win, we need to rely on the Titans beating GB also. Even at that, it then comes down to tie breakers which would be. best won-lost-tied percentage in common games and if a tie there, best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    That's incorrect. Based on tie breaking procedures, we win a 3-way tie in the division at 10-6

In fact, if we win out, the Bears beat the Packers and Cards, but lose to the Lions, and the Packers only beat the Titans, all three of us make the playoffs, with the Packers playing in Minnesota in the wild card round, and the Bears at New York Giants. (More help required, such as Seattle losing enough to get them below 10-6)
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 12-13-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Ladies and Gentlemen , we are not winning out, winning the division or doing anything in the playoffs.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen , we are not winning out, winning the division or doing anything in the playoffs.
    But we can still play spoiler!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If we win out, it doesn't mean jack shit if the Titans lose to the Packers.
    THat's the part that's incorrect.

If the Packers beat the Bears, then they clinch the division, end of story,

If the bears win, then the Packers beat the Titans, and we beat the packers, and we win out, we win over the packers in a tiebreaker. It will then be up to the Bears to lose at least one game.

If it ends up that we're all 10-6 after week 17, We win the division.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Funny. Here we are talking about making the playoffs this late in the season with a rebuilding team and many here want to;
    dump the young QB
    dump the OC
    fire the coach
    fire the GM after his first year

unbelievable.
    I guess I could include the trade Jared and trade AD sentiments of a minority here as well.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Funny. Here we are talking about making the playoffs this late in the season with a rebuilding team and many here want to;
    dump the young QB
    dump the OC
    fire the coach
    fire the GM after his first year

unbelievable.
    I guess I could include the trade Jared and trade AD sentiments of a minority here as well.
    Right on ... we have made some big strides ...

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Thanks for bringing me back down to earth. I was flying high on the thoughts of the postseason and winning it all. Hopes are dashed. Bring out pity party supplies. You Bumlooka.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Fun sucker!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Fun sucker!
    I know, right? Floyd is suspect as a Viking fan now. Is the Floyd a Bears fan in Vikes clothing? lol jk PF!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast