Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Re: Players, not discipline, will get it done for Vikings

"Braddock" wrote:
    14-2, loses against the cardinals and the patriots. I'm calling it right now. When I'm right, I expect my rank thing ("training camp, rookie, starter....")To be changed to The Almighty Third Eye
    I agree, sir. Except for the 14-2 part.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    14-2, loses against the cardinals and the patriots. I'm calling it right now. When I'm right, I expect my rank thing ("training camp, rookie, starter....")To be changed to The Almighty Third Eye
    what do you want your name to be if your wrong?
    The Allcrappin' Brown Eye! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    what do you want your name to be if your wrong?
    The Allcrappin' Brown Eye! :lol:
    How about " The Dirty Brown Eye"..... :lol:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I have a lot of speculation going into this season and I can see us winning the division and being in the wild card playoff game with the 5 or 6 seed

Ultrapurple is offline Rookie

I too think we will struggle early. And the media, national as well as local will be calling for Childress's head. I hope that Vikes fans won't panic, it well be a maturation process. All will be well if we stay the course. This team has not been reigned in since the days of Coach Burns, it might take a while until they believe in the WCO/Tampa2.
    That being said, I fully expect us to compete for the division and we will be in the playoffs! The Vikings defense will be a force to be reckoned with, we shall knock Favre out of our second game and he will miss the start the following week! We will end the season for Rex Grossman for a third year!
    Troy Williamson, Koren Robinson and Travis Taylor will leave all vikings fans saying Randy who? Our revamped O-line won't surrender a meaningful sack this season and help Meweldie Moore to a 2,000 rushing yard season!
    But thats just my opinion,.....I could be wrong!!
    UltraPurple, USAF (Ret)
    The Woodlands, Texas

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

So, if we WIN, it's because we're more disciplined...and if we LOSE, it's because they had more talent?!?!?! Is that what Sid's trying to say? Sounds to me like just another round of Sid's grumbling.

"...owner Zygi Wilf and some of the geniuses at Winter Park...". This comment right here is what cements my opinion that Sid's simply lashing out...again.

Any idiot can look at our schedule and come to the conclusion that we COULD be 0-3 to start. Sid didn't break any new ground by stating it. And, if we are, I'm not tossing in the towel on the '06 Vikes because we ARE transitioning our entire scheme. That takes time.

But, if we can knock out 1 or 2 solid wins (as opposed to a fluke win like the one versus New York last season) in the opening 3 games, that would tend to indicate that our team is moving in a positive direction.

face it, the Vikings will NEVER get "We Love You" press from the Sportswriters (jag-offs) until they win a Superbowl. And that will last only as long as the victories keep comming. These guys have made a career of pessimism and ridicule...they wouldn't know HOW to write positively.

That's one HUGE difference I see between the Green Bay press and the Minnesota press. The guys that cover the Packers actually LOVE them. No matter how badly they blow, they write about their positives. The guys who cover the Vikings can find nothing good about the Vikings...and if they do, they have to qualify it by finding some way in which we will be disappointed with it in the end.

It's time for some new writers to cover the Vikes. I'm not asking for the "purple glasses" kind...just someone who actually LIKES the team.

I nominate....ME!!

Caine

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

No doubt the Vikes have a tough schedule the first few weeks of the season.. Those games right there will for sure show their character more then ever.. Washington is good, but they can be beat just like every other team in the NFL.. I really like our team this year, and think they can get it done..

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Ultrapurple" wrote:
    I too think we will struggle early. And the media, national as well as local will be calling for Childress's head. I hope that Vikes fans won't panic, it well be a maturation process. All will be well if we stay the course. This team has not been reigned in since the days of Coach Burns, it might take a while until they believe in the WCO/Tampa2.
    That being said, I fully expect us to compete for the division and we will be in the playoffs! The Vikings defense will be a force to be reckoned with, we shall knock Favre out of our second game and he will miss the start the following week! We will end the season for Rex Grossman for a third year!
    Troy Williamson, Koren Robinson and Travis Taylor will leave all vikings fans saying Randy who? Our revamped O-line won't surrender a meaningful sack this season and help Meweldie Moore to a 2,000 rushing yard season!
    But thats just my opinion,.....I could be wrong!!
    I think all the quotes I've read from the players so far have "bought" into the new system. But it's interesting to also notice none of them have called it a WCO or a Tampa2 but a "version" of it!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

yea, they keep saying our coaches have their own spin on those systems.. i cant wait to see it

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12