Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Players that looked good in preseason game 1

Yeah giving up zero sacks, WITHOUT Birk!! Our line is gonna be money this year!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yeah giving up zero sacks, WITHOUT Birk!! Our line is gonna be money this year!!

Although, they didn't give bennett even a small hole to run through, so that wasn't good. We threw the ball an aweful lot though, so they didn't have a chance to get things gong in the running game.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I also liked the shot of Birk on the sideline, going over the formation pictures with the rest of the O-line. He can't play right now, but that won't keep him from being involved somehow.

"josdin00" wrote:
    I also liked the shot of Birk on the sideline, going over the formation pictures with the rest of the O-line. He can't play right now, but that won't keep him from being involved somehow.
    I agree i really liked to see that. And was it just me or was everyone impressed with the way our D stopped the run and everything else? I just hope we can do the same thing to a better team.... Oh and its great to see the cowbgirls and eagles loose!

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

They did not give Bennett nor Smith a hole to run through because of two things. 1. Birk is out and the viking love to pull the center to block and 2. Arizona had 8 men in the box all night long, that is why they had almost 300 yards passing. As for D. Scott looking overweight, he is he was late getting into camp and missed mini- camp, he was finishing up school during that time, so he is a little out of shape and behind the curve a bit.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    I saw the field and how it looks as well as the big V at the 50 yard line. If this is what our new field looks like, i miss our old one with the viking head at the 50 and the cool text of Vikings in the endzone.
    Speak for yourself, hawaiian. The big V at the 50 is the old classic V that was at midfield at Metropolitan Stadium when the Vikings were kicking butt. I like the Norseman as well, but I miss the big V and was delighted to see it back. In fact, since I knew they had a new field/turf, I was hoping that they would bring the V back.

Not sure about the end zones. The Met had the word "Vikings" in that same font, looked like maybe at least one end zone had "Minnesota" or "Minnesota Vikings" in that font on Saturday night.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

It said Minnesota Vikings, personally I was not all that thrilled with it, but the font of the end zone is the least of my concerns this season!!

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Another person that should get some recognition is Culpepper. Yes he did make one bad mistake with the INT but he did finnish with a QB rating of over 100. I don't know about you guys but thats pretty good in my book.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

The INT kinda gave me a bad moment, but other then that he did a fantastic job! However, even the 1 turnover is alright. Its preseason and he was just getting back into his rythm. Once things started gellin more he was much more accurate!

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Players that looked good in preseason game 1

[quote="muchluv4moss"]Here are the guys I really noticed out there in game 1:

Dontarrious- I have been saying all offseason that this kid will be a star for us very quickly and we got flashes of what he can do in game 1. He will have some mental lapses, but he will also makes some big plays. He had a good blitz on mccown, where winfield almost got the int. I thought winfield was interferred with on the play, but the announcers never said anything, so maybe I was seeing things.
    quote]

THE GUY LOOKED GOOD :cherry:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast