Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Players that looked good in preseason game 1

Here are the guys I really noticed out there in game 1:

Claiborne- He looked great out there and I didn't see any sign that he was hurting at all. He looked pretty quick out there.

Dontarrious- I have been saying all offseason that this kid will be a star for us very quickly and we got flashes of what he can do in game 1. He will have some mental lapses, but he will also makes some big plays. He had a good blitz on mccown, where winfield almost got the int. I thought winfield was interferred with on the play, but the announcers never said anything, so maybe I was seeing things.

Kevin Williams- He wasn't my first or second choice in the draft 2 years ago, but man is he making our coaches look like geniouses for drafting him. He is a monster and should have a huge year playing inside next to hovan all year long.

Hovan- I saw his great burst off the ball come back. He got so big last year that he lost that burst. He should be back to his form of 2 years ago.

Udeze- You could tell he was a rookie out there. He struggled and was pushed aroung by big leonard davis out there. He kept fighting though and did make some plays for us. I thought he looked much more natural playing the left DE position. He seemed to get better pressure from that side, but maybe it was because he was going against a crappier O-lineman. He certainly has a ways to go though.

Marcus robinson- Man I think we got our #2 WR to compliment moss. He looked great, even though he dropped that one perfect deep ball by gus and maybe should have held on to the ball in the endzone, on the play that was challenged. Overall though, we saw what he is gonna give us, a deep threat, and a great redzone WR.

Burleson- He also looked really good. If we wouldn't have brought in robinson this offseason, I would feel fine having burleson as our #2 WR. He really has progressed nicely since last year.

Mewelde Moore- I knew he would suprise a lot of you guys. I have been saying how he is gonna get a lot of playing time this year, and he showed why he deserves to be out there, with his play last night. I love this kid and think with his good play this year, he will make it easy for us to trade either bennett or onterrio at the end of this year. Both bennett and onterrio will have 1 year remaining on their contracts after this year, so we will probably trade one and sign the other to a big contract. We all know onterrio wants to be a starter, so he won't be happy playing backup to bennet for another year.

Onterrio- He is gonna make it hard for tice to give bennett the 20-25 carries a game he wants. He looked great as expected. He gives us great insurance if bennett does not stay healthy.

I didn't see EJ really do to much out there, but he didn't make many mistakes. He is an awesome tackler and that showed on a few plays. I thought darrion scott was gonna look better, but he still looks overweight and slow. I don't know if he is gonna be a DT, and that is why he is so big, but he looked too heavy. Our secondary played good as a group, but nobody really stood out on any plays. Winfield knocked that deep ball down, but I didn't really see him get any tackles on running plays, something he was great at in buffalo. Chavous made some plays. I think the secondary was just feeling out the officials and seeing what they can and can't do now with the new rule.

I am sure I have missed some guys, and I didn't name the obvious ones like moss and daunte. daunte did look good, except for the ball to moss in triple coverage, I don't know what the hell he was thinking on that one. Wiggins looked pretty good as well. You guys have any others that I missed?

Re: Players that looked good in preseason game 1

Also I noticed Moss doing a lot of coaching and leading out there in that game. It is great to see Moss taking on that leadership role, with all the young guys we have.

Re: Players that looked good in preseason game 1

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Also I noticed Moss doing a lot of coaching and leading out there in that game. It is great to see Moss taking on that leadership role, with all the young guys we have.

Another nice thing to note, our O-lines gave up zero sacks.

PhillyVikes is offline Starter

Zero sack's is what stood out for me also. Great job O-Line!!!!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Hey moss did you go to the game or watch it on t.v. I was wondering a lot of how our new endzone looked like. I saw the field and how it looks as well as the big V at the 50 yard line. If this is what our new field looks like, i miss our old one with the viking head at the 50 and the cool text of Vikings in the endzone.

I think Burleson stood out the most to me out of everyone.

Wait i forgot to mention Raonall glass man smith. He actually played and got a sack! :shock:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Jer
    Jer is offline Rookie

I noticed on the td for Moss-highlights-he was sliding a little bit. With the new turf its going to slow the team down because turf helps speed. How do you guys like the field? I hate astro-turf and hate domes for that matter. I prefer real grass and a nice outdoor stadium. Is the V in the middle there to stay?

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Right now its set up for the Twins... they will switch it when the regular season starts and I would assume that they will not have the V there then. Also the endzone writing I would assume will go back the original. I'm not positive on that though.

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

i noticed that every team went cheapskate on their endzone and midfield art ... [ie. titans having the outlined "titans" in the endzone but not filling them in] maybe they're just trying to save money seeing how it's just preseason?

just a thought

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

"PhillyVikes" wrote:
    0 sacks against a $hitty D line. If we do the same to some better lines I'll get excited. Same with the 7 Sacks. It's exciting, but it willbe for real if we can do it against a decent O-Line.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    "PhillyVikes" wrote:
    0 sacks against a $hitty D line. If we do the same to some better lines I'll get excited. Same with the 7 Sacks. It's exciting, but it willbe for real if we can do it against a decent O-Line.

I don't care what D-line you are going up against, giving up zero sacks in a game is really good, especially the 2nd and 3rd stringers, they always seem to blow some blocking assignments. It shows that our O-lineman were very well prepared, for the game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast