Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Player Reaction To Vikings Coaching Change

"And lately we have stunk. Coach Childress took the fall," Lewis tweeted.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Coaching hasn't really been much of an issue at all this season.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Right.

There cannot be an issue with a theoretical and imaginary function.

Just like it never happened.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    I still contend that what got the Chiller fired was the local sports hacks and thier ability to sway the mindless masses.

Been alot of coaches that have done exactly what the Chiller has done, but to date, only 4 of them, have been fired after getting to thier respective championship game the year before.

2 of those are Vikings HC's. Denny Green and Brad Childress.

Again, even when they were winning, the both of them were hacked on by the local rubes, mostly because they didn't give the rubes the access to the team they wanted.

Now a few of those rubes are chanting how they want Bill Parcels to come in and clean things up. I, for one, would love to see that happen.

Not only because I believe the Tuna is a good choice, but to watch the whinning crying bunch of rubes deal with a guy who is a true authoritarian figure.

As to the players comments. I for one am not suprised that there isn't a outcry of "We are glad he is gone", mostly for two reasons.

1. Most of them are on this team because the Chiller wanted them here. Players don't forget that. The ones who he didn't want here are gone, well, with one exception.

2. He will coach again. Regardless of what certain posters like the Infidel say, he is a good coach and has demonstrated that he can get a team to win. He was winning before the Noodle got here and will win again when he isn't stuck with the Noodle.

Because of that, they do not want to burn any bridges.
    It is what it is. As a head coach in the NFL you know that if you lose, your fired.

Of the ten head coaches that were hired in 2006, only 3 remain. They are all winning. The rest lost too many games and were fired.

Interesting all 3 remaining have great QB's in Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Schaub. If Chilly had landed a great QB, or Favre was playing great he likely would have been safe too.

Don't feel too bad, the number I heard was that Childress walks away with about 6.6million. And I think your right Chilly will land on his feet somewhere else.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    I still contend that what got the Chiller fired was the local sports hacks and thier ability to sway the mindless masses.
    Please provide some examples of local sports "hacks" swaying the mindless masses...

Hell, even an example of them ripping on Childress would be an interesting read. I look forward to it.

Thanks in advance.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

A lot of people, including the Vikings players, are saying saying that the reason Chidress got fired is because of the bad record. For me, the reason I wanted Childress gone is not because of the record itself, but his obvious lack of football knowledge that is required by a head coach.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Been alot of coaches that have done exactly what the Chiller has done, but to date, only 4 of them, have been fired after getting to thier respective championship game the year before.

2 of those are Vikings HC's. Denny Green and Brad Childress.

Again, even when they were winning, the both of them were hacked on by the local rubes, mostly because they didn't give the rubes the access to the team they wanted.

Now a few of those rubes are chanting how they want Bill Parcels to come in and clean things up. I, for one, would love to see that happen.

Not only because I believe the Tuna is a good choice, but to watch the whinning crying bunch of rubes deal with a guy who is a true authoritarian figure.

As to the players comments. I for one am not suprised that there isn't a outcry of "We are glad he is gone", mostly for two reasons.

1. Most of them are on this team because the Chiller wanted them here. Players don't forget that. The ones who he didn't want here are gone, well, with one exception.

2. He will coach again. Regardless of what certain posters like the Infidel say, he is a good coach and has demonstrated that he can get a team to win. He was winning before the Noodle got here and will win again when he isn't stuck with the Noodle.

Because of that, they do not want to burn any bridges.
    It is what it is. As a head coach in the NFL you know that if you lose, your fired.

Of the ten head coaches that were hired in 2006, only 3 remain. They are all winning. The rest lost too many games and were fired.

Interesting all 3 remaining have great QB's in Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Schaub. If Chilly had landed a great QB, or Favre was playing great he likely would have been safe too.

Don't feel too bad, the number I heard was that Childress walks away with about 6.6million. And I think your right Chilly will land on his feet somewhere else.
    Don't get me wrong, I could care less about the Chiller my friend. As I said, I've had my issues with him.

My issue is with the solution. I hope I'm wrong, but how the hell can Leslie be expected to fix the DL now that he is worrying about fixing a QB that keeps throwing INT's faster than any other QB in the league right now?

Kindof interesting to look at the 2008 and 2009 wins/losses in the NFC and see were teams stood coming into this year.......

NFL Standings, Team & Offensive Statistics

Wins and losses this year had a hand in the decision, but the Vikes are right up there with respect to who's who in the zoo under the Chiller.

Again, it has nothing to do with wins and losses. Our owner has made a decision based on his long standing lack of support for a stadium.

The fans never warmed to the Chiller, the press never warmed to the Chiller, in the end, the Voting public never warmed to the Vikings. This is the owners way of trying to change that atmosphere so he can get some public funding.

The Chiller is the scapegoat. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Please provide some examples of local sports "hacks" swaying the mindless masses...

Hell, even an example of them ripping on Childress would be an interesting read. I look forward to it.

Thanks in advance.
    Try here

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Was it obvious to anybody else that the majority of players on this team that commented didn't respect Chilly as a coach?

Wow. Didn't realize it was that bad.

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Thanks in advance.
    Comeon, I've posted article after article since the Newshound quit posting them. When he was posting them I commented on the continually.

You want examples, search the site.

You want current examples, visit this site....

Sportspyder

In the end, the only cat that ever took the Chillers side was Sid. All the others hacked on him almost every day.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Was it obvious to anybody else that the majority of players on this team that commented didn't respect Chilly as a coach?

Wow. Didn't realize it was that bad.
    I think all the comments said they respected Leslie. Nothing about not respecting the Chiller.

I think you've been reading the article were the author/local sports hack, makes an assumption that that meant they didn't respect the Chiller.

Despite having to read between the lines, the message is pretty clear: Brad Childress had lost the respect of his players. When every player either specifically mentions or alludes to the “respect” they have for the new coach, it becomes obvious that they did not have any for their former coach. And in case you are looking for further evidence, look no further than Vikings’ owner Zygi Wilf.
    Vikings’ Players Thank Childress, Speak of Respect for Frazier

Is this another example of the someone being swayed by the press. :P :P :P

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast