Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Player Reaction To Vikings Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1079605
    Infidel wrote:
    I don't think they rushed to pick him up. Only one team made a waiver claim, the other 30 teams passed.
    How has that worked out for the Titans BTW? 0-2 and moss has one catch I believe.
    No, only one team can claim him, but that doesn't mean 30 passed, at least I never heard that. Got a link proving that?

They have some big problems that I don't think Moss can fix.....but he doesn't have to catch a lot of passes to help an offense because he draws the double coverage and extends the field to open things up for others.

Moss is ok, it's just that he refuses to take shit from idiots. He just needs a grownup man for a coach and things will work out ok.
    If I remember correctly the Titans were like 22nd in line so if that is true at least 21 teams passed on him. Kind of like the 1998 draft almost.

I would still draft him if I had to do it over again.

purpledoom is offline Starter

"He does not suffer fools well." You know, most people don't however some use it as an excuse to be an ass. And I seem to remember him saying he was happy to be a decoy if necessary here, didn't pan out too well. I know what Belicek said and Moss. I just think if the value was still there they would have gotten it done.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

No doubt his value has decreased as his age has increased.

But at least he still has a lot of value and if the Titans are smart they'll try to profit from it.

If not Randy is still a rich MAN who didn't take any shit from the insecure and immature clown called "Chilly."

And I say......GOOD FOR HIM.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

dfosterf is offline Coach

Randy Moss' stupidity and arrogance on display this year has to be some of the most expensive ever witnessed in the history of the NFL, and to view his decisions and words as anything but precisely that borders on the bizarre.

He had just about rehabilitated himself going into this season, then he had to go and open his yap in NE. Since it was resonably mild in comparison to some of his OTHER stupid and arrogant crap in the past, your boy Chilly took what looked like at the time a fairly reasonable gamble, especially in the context of some real desperation at the position.

Contract year, and he pulled all that crap...

I have to laugh at the idea that Randy Moss is laughing all the way to the bank- The friggin' fool cost himself millions of bucks, imo

purpledoom is offline Starter

I truly am disappointed that it didn't work out bringing Randy back. But it's done now and I doubt he will ever be back again now. Time to move on.

DFoster, that's one of the most out of touch posts I've seen lately.

Moss has always done it his way and he's a rich man.

He won't let people beat him up just to get money, though.

He'll die a happy man because he never let the bastards get him down.

We should all be so forthright.
    --John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1079694

I am a "guest" here, so I'm not going to get into it with you, and perhaps everything you say here is true (except for the part about my post being out of touch :P )

I'll cut you a deal-- You refrain from repeating your opinion that Moss is laughing all the way to the bank, and I'll stay the hell out of the whole darn thing-- It is a sensitive subject in the first place around here, and you already got bigger fish to fry with your contemporaries as it is without getting into a pissin' match with a Puker fan hmy:

...And Happy Thanksgiving to all you fine Purple folk, including you Infidel

Same to you, buddy.....but why would I refrain from saying that Moss is laughing all the way to the bank?

He is.

Why should someone else's good fortune bother you?

He's gone and I wish him the best.

He was always entertaining, on and off the field.

Unlike Childress, for example, who was boring and annoying both on and off the field.

Godspeed Randy!!!
    --John Wooden

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1079695

I am a "guest" here, so I'm not going to get into it with you, and perhaps everything you say here is true (except for the part about my post being out of touch :P )

I'll cut you a deal-- You refrain from repeating your opinion that Moss is laughing all the way to the bank, and I'll stay the hell out of the whole darn thing-- It is a sensitive subject in the first place around here, and you already got bigger fish to fry with your contemporaries as it is without getting into a pissin' match with a Puker fan hmy:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too df. Godo luck to your boys this weekend. I hope they take the division if of course we don't make a miraculous comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1079709
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1079695

Happy Thanksgiving to you too df. Godo luck to your boys this weekend. I hope they take the division if of course we don't make a miraculous comeback.
    Thank you--
    I have to tell you I have been spending more time over here than on my own board, because I HAVE NO CLUE who will win this weekend, and EVERYONE that spends time and effort explaining to me and others why we ARE going to win has a tendency to just piss me off, lol-- So I tried the Falcons boards, and of course everyone THERE is JUST AS SURE they are going to win, make the usual arguments (and legitimate ones--same as the Puker fans)--and piss me off TOO.

So I have been coming HERE, instead. I am USED to you guys getting under my skin:P -- so I am indebted to you guys for keeping me reasonably sane.

...And as I said in another thread, I am almost positive you guys are going to kick the Redskin's butt, so I am sure things are going to continue to get on more of an even keel around here--- I may not like your team, but I don't wish any of you any more grief than that already endured--- I darn sure know about dashed expectations.

It's a good day for football, Peace.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast