Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Player Reaction To Vikings Coaching Change

Vikings Players' Thoughts On Parting Ways With Brad Childress And Leslie Frazier's Promotion To Head Coach

I gotta admit I was surprised by the players' comments on Childress. I didn't think they would talk THAT highly about him.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Player Reaction To Vikings' Coaching Change

well, what else are they supposed to say? "Guy was a dick, and good riddance". That probably won't help their cause when looking to re-sign or go elsewhere.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Player Reaction To Vikings Coaching Change

They sure have a lot of great things to say about Leslie. I can't say I ever heard anyone complimenting Chilly like that.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Chilly's personality did him in, there isn't a high or a low with the guy, it is just blah. That is why the players weren't really pissed or verbal at his release. He didn't give them much to be upset about. I think the team knew that the coach wanted to win and that he treated them fairly.

The good thing here is that the players still are taking ownership for their actions. The team isn't lost, there is no blame going around, this is a solid psychological perspective to have. It also shows the guys believe "they" can turn it around with their actions, that is a high level of accountability. It also is a possible sign of the type of leadership that was in the locker room and yes, coaching is part of that leadership piece and the veteran locker room.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

What I am reading here from several players is how well Frazier relates to the players. I think the players (up to the Moss incident) enjoyed playing for Childress. That is something I said all along. They liked the guy. However they were not to thrilled on how he relates to the players or his "football mind".

I'm anxious to see how the players respond on the field. Especially Brett Favre. I would imagine he will have total reigns now since Leslie is more of a defensive guy. I really would like to see what TJ can do here so I can't say I agree with the decision to keep starting Favre. I will always admire Favre for what he has done on the football field. He has a heart matched but very few. I just think at this time of the season and the Vikings are where they are it would be best to get the question answered now. I know there is the argument that the question is already answered but I would really like to see TJ get a final shot.

To me the reason why Favre had such a great season last year was his accuracy. This year he just doesn't have that. Therefore I am not sure what he can bring to the table for the rest of this season that TJ can't (other than leadership and knowledge on the field). TJ has the legs that can counter blitzes and I would like to see how much he has learned (if he's learned at all).

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Chilly didn't get fired because of his personality. There have been plenty of coaches who win in this league who are not movie stars. He got fired because the team didn't look prepared this year. Who does that fall on? They were not imaginative on offense, who is responsible for that? Time management was horrible who is responsible for that? Throw that damn red flag, it is not an IRA account, you don't accrue interest on how many you have. He made bad decisions that cost us games.

He is not an x's ond o's kind of guy. He does not game plan well. I still go back to our game against GB. They were banged up and we had the advantage yet McCarthy game planned to our weakness and beat us with a banged up team. There were just so many reasons why he had to go.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Childress is arrogant, dumb, insecure and inflexible.

That's what did him in.

The last thing any player (except the terminally honest Randy Moss) wants is to get tagged as a coach-basher.

How will that work for you if you come up as a free agent and want to make a few millions for yourself???

The players have a lot of work to do on their team dynamics and then there's still the little problem of execution that is still plaguing some key players.

They'll play the political game when face to face with the media.

The private conversations would be different.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Childress got fired because we are 3-7. Everything else is a bunch of shit that is used to make them feel better about the decision.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

tastywaves wrote:
    Childress got fired because we are 3-7. Everything else is a bunch of shit that is used to make them feel better about the decision.
    +1
    If we were 7-3 he would be the head coach. He's fired because he failed to get the job done that he was hired to do.
    It's a very competitive business. Bill Parcells, Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy, and Mike Shanahan have all been fired too.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I am glad that no one has publicly slammed Childress. That would be bad, bad mojo. This team doesn't need any more bad mojo.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast