Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Player of the Game vs Packers?

Even Cowart and Napo made some plays today, not MVP plays but they were in on some key plays. I saw Cowart behind the line a couple of times and had some key tackles. Also, Napo was the guy that tackled Fischer? on the 3rd and short that forced GB to kick the last FG without being able to run more clock.

6-King is right, it was a team effort.

I think the reason why Tice gave Phat Pat the ball was because of him playing so well with the death or is it illness in the family. They mentioned it in the game but I was watching at 1.5 x speed and I didn't catch it totally.

Special Teams was very special today. I see a lot of guys on this team putting their egos behind them and playing hard. Bennett playing special teams is just one of the examples. K-Rob returning kicks and more.

Del Rio Guest

I think his dad is very sick or something. No death that I know of but a grave illness none the less.

Culpepper, he lead the team, he doesn't make excuses and he keeps playing.

My favorite is who ever decided to FINALLY go to the I formation. I loved it. Who ever the coach was that finally grew a pair deserves the game ball! Very key to our success yesterday.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Having Nate back is so huge for this team right now, he looked like a number 1 receiver out there!

But I have to give best player props to Phat Pat, and Mewelde Moore! Mewelde had some nice runs today, and that reception for his TD was a prelude of more to come!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

CynicalVike is offline Starter

I think two game balls should have been given out. PWill, and Edinger.

PWill's play speaks for itself, especially with the personal stuff going on for him right now.

As for Edinger. Face it, if we had any other kicker, that last play of regulation would have been a "Hail Mary", and probably OT. Instead, we got to see the 2nd longest field goal in NFL history to win the game. Its hard to believe that that type of an accomplishment can be upstaged on the same day in the same game.

I hope he gets all the ups he deserves from the team for what he did yesterday.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

C_MoneyVikesFan is offline Training Camp

Players of the game:

1. C-Pep and Memo for the go-ahead TD.

2. Eddinger for the game-winner. Nuff said!

This is definately a huge confidence booster for us. If we can carry this momentum into next week and start fast against the Panthers, we'll be in good shape. And after that, we get Detroit at home. The Lions haven't beat us for 3 years. Things could easily turn around in a hurry.
    A TRUE fan will always have faith, no matter what the odds. U GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I haven't seen the game yet, but I would have to say Edinger. A 56 yarder at the buzzer!! To quote someone famous on this site...."WOOT!!"

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Having Nate back is so huge for this team right now, he looked like a number 1 receiver out there!

But I have to give best player props to Phat Pat, and Mewelde Moore! Mewelde had some nice runs today, and that reception for his TD was a prelude of more to come!
    If we would have lost this game, I would bet there would be a lot of bench MeMo, after fumbling th very first play at the GB 28 yard line after the awesome run back by K-Rob. People tend to forget those this after a win.

I am just saying that a win will cure ills.

To add a positve here, right b4 half, this happened. Fumble, a GB fg, 17-0 at halftime, the Vikes could have went in at half and given up but they came out fighting in the 2nd half.

Another positive on DC's part, anyone remember that play where KGB was unblocked coming at DC and he pumpfaked to get KGB in the air. Then DC ran out and threw it, avoiding a possible sack. That was the DC I like to see. I was just saying last week that we haven't seen much of that thinking on the fly and pump faking from DC. Good job DC!

Hooversham is offline Starter

Second half O-line. They gave C-Pep time to throw and gave Mewelde running room. FINALLY, they found something that works for that line. That's encouraging to see.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Purplefeet is offline Training Camp

Pat Williams hands down. Remove him from run stuffs and being in Favre's face and Viks get picked apart and GB control game and Viks O never has opportunity to get rhythm and DC eventually forces something. D won this game and allowed offense to find a new identity.

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

I'd have to go for a one word answer on this one TEAM!!!!!

They played like dogs in the first half, and came out the second half as confident as could be, and knew that they were still in the game. All 53 guys on the team deserve a pigskin for not giving up and playing with heart!! From the guys that made the big plays at the crutial time to the scout team that prepared the guys during practice to make big plays during the game. TEAM!!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast