Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Player Analysis Defense & STs

    You know I love threads like this......Good stuff my friend. Just a couple of comments/questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1087367
    Allen- Started slow, but KILLED it in the end.. Was impressed
    Did he come on because of Pagac?

    Kevin- BIG down year.. seems to be regressing.. I hope he can rebound. He is a monster at times

    Pat- I really don't care to have him around anymore.. Over the hill
    Is the big drop because they can't juice anymore? Right now I would trade K-dubb for picks in an instant. He still has some "Name" recognition and it looks like we are rebuilding again anyways.

    Longwell- Seems to lose some on his KO's.. But of course had a solid year kicking
    Seems hell.....Let his ass go, hire a young kid and let him learn with the rest of the "New" team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Player Analysis Defense & STs

    Quote Originally Posted by "battleaxe4cheese" #1088975
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1088970
    Player analysis from by Tom Pelissero 1500espn.com of the defense.
    Very interesting read.

    http://1500espn.com/sportswire/2010_Vikings_Review_Antoine_Winfield_grades_out_hi ghest_on_defense012611#
    Interesting read alright, but not a very optimistic one. We definitely need help and I would like to start with the center, need bigger and stronger as Sully is getting thrown around by NT's.
    You do realize his job isn't to take them on alone. He's supposed to have help, again, according to the scheme.

    Long story short, you don't need to change the Center unless you change the scheme.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Player Analysis Defense & STs

    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1088970
    Player analysis from by Tom Pelissero 1500espn.com of the defense.
    Very interesting read.

    http://1500espn.com/sportswire/2010_Vikings_Review_Antoine_Winfield_grades_out_hi ghest_on_defense012611#
    Thanks for the read doc.

    Funny, I like the grades this cat gave out, especially on the DL. Bet there are very few on here who agree with this guy. All I've been hearing for the past 2 years is how GOOD/GREAT our DL is.....snicker......

    • Heath Farwell (D): A year after earning his first Pro Bowl bid, Farwell was relatively pedestrian. Led the Vikings with 19 total special-teams tackles (13 solo), his fewest since his rookie year in 2005. Made one excellent play to save a punt at the goal line against Arizona. Saw his only action on defense against Green Bay, playing 13 snaps (1.3%) when Greenway was out and again in mop-up duty. Recorded two tackles (one solo). Remains a valuable teams player, albeit one who might be overpaid at $1.75 million in 2011.
    ......snicker......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Player Analysis Defense & STs

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089013
    You know I love threads like this......Good stuff my friend. Just a couple of comments/questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1087367
    Allen- Started slow, but KILLED it in the end.. Was impressed
    Did he come on because of Pagac?

    Kevin- BIG down year.. seems to be regressing.. I hope he can rebound. He is a monster at times

    Pat- I really don't care to have him around anymore.. Over the hill
    Is the big drop because they can't juice anymore? Right now I would trade K-dubb for picks in an instant. He still has some "Name" recognition and it looks like we are rebuilding again anyways.

    Longwell- Seems to lose some on his KO's.. But of course had a solid year kicking
    Seems hell.....Let his ass go, hire a young kid and let him learn with the rest of the "New" team.
    Was gone for a bit so didn't see this until now.
    I've had the same question in regard to the juice, and I would include Allen in that conversation. Not saying anything, just wondering.

    There's a kicker out of Nebraska named Henry that has a very strong and accurate leg. He also punts quite well.
    We won't go after him, but someone will. He is exceptional.

    Regarding Sullivan and the scheme. Perhaps he's o.k. in the zone blocking scheme for the running game, but he gets blown up and pushed backward in pass blocking too often. That's a man scheme. I think a very good center could improve this line quite a lot. Although RG also needs upgraded as well.

    Heath certainly isn't what he was before the knee injury. Not sure he will make the roster next year.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  5. #15
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Player Analysis Defense & STs

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089012
    Quote Originally Posted by "seaniemck7" #1088986
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1088970
    Player analysis from by Tom Pelissero 1500espn.com of the defense.
    Very interesting read.

    http://1500espn.com/sportswire/2010_Vikings_Review_Antoine_Winfield_grades_out_hi ghest_on_defense012611#
    Good read on which I agree in most of the assesments. I can't believe Marty isn't all over this one
    Finally out of the closet. Seems I have a bit of catching up to do. B)
    Should watch how you throw that one around :P

    I don't think we need to rebuild, or are rebuilding. With solid QB play we still have a very strong team with what's in place when healthy. After all, we made it to the NFCCG in 2009 with good(great) QB play.

    A little depth here and there, a playmaker in the secondary, and a solidified o-line and there's no reason why we can't do even more. Especially with a coach guys actually want to play for and a scheme that doesn't require near perfect play out of it's QB.

    If Belichick can go 14-2 with what he had this year, there's no reason why the talented group we have can't do the same. Obviously we lack Brady/Belichick, but we are a very talented football team, no matter how Pelissero grades their 2010 season. I'd like to see his coaching grades for 2010. He'd have to create grade below F.

  6. #16
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Player Analysis Defense & STs

    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1089594
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089012
    Quote Originally Posted by "seaniemck7" #1088986
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1088970
    Player analysis from by Tom Pelissero 1500espn.com of the defense.
    Very interesting read.

    http://1500espn.com/sportswire/2010_Vikings_Review_Antoine_Winfield_grades_out_hi ghest_on_defense012611#
    Good read on which I agree in most of the assesments. I can't believe Marty isn't all over this one
    Finally out of the closet. Seems I have a bit of catching up to do. B)
    Should watch how you throw that one around :P

    I don't think we need to rebuild, or are rebuilding. With solid QB play we still have a very strong team with what's in place when healthy. After all, we made it to the NFCCG in 2009 with good(great) QB play.

    A little depth here and there, a playmaker in the secondary, and a solidified o-line and there's no reason why we can't do even more. Especially with a coach guys actually want to play for and a scheme that doesn't require near perfect play out of it's QB.

    If Belichick can go 14-2 with what he had this year, there's no reason why the talented group we have can't do the same. Obviously we lack Brady/Belichick, but we are a very talented football team, no matter how Pelissero grades their 2010 season. I'd like to see his coaching grades for 2010. He'd have to create grade below F.
    Glad to see you say it. Things aren't hopeless. We are in a tough division, but the core talent is still pretty good.
    I'm optomistic and can't wait to see what Leslie brings to the team.
    I think he will do well.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Player Analysis Defense & STs

    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1089594
    Should watch how you throw that one around :P
    LOL, Well played my friend. Guess what, came back to work and they said, hey, we need you to work another one, but nights this time.

    I fooled em though, its a unclass exercise so I have access to PPO in the closet this week...:P

    I don't think we need to rebuild, or are rebuilding. With solid QB play we still have a very strong team with what's in place when healthy. After all, we made it to the NFCCG in 2009 with good(great) QB play.

    A little depth here and there, a playmaker in the secondary, and a solidified o-line and there's no reason why we can't do even more. Especially with a coach guys actually want to play for and a scheme that doesn't require near perfect play out of it's QB.

    If Belichick can go 14-2 with what he had this year, there's no reason why the talented group we have can't do the same. Obviously we lack Brady/Belichick, but we are a very talented football team, no matter how Pelissero grades their 2010 season. I'd like to see his coaching grades for 2010. He'd have to create grade below F.
    I agree my friend, however there are a few things to consider with respect to what this team will look like.....

    a. How many players are gonna be pissed about getting tendered last year and not given long term/guaranteed deals. Will they take into account that the owners kindof mandated that league wide (I think there is a legal action pending or atleast some articles saying there might be one) when it came to going after FA's last year, and not hold it against the team?

    b. How much money will the ownership group allow Bryzcheapski and Spielman when it comes to signing our FA's.

    c. How many of the players that are on their last year, will they be able to extend (i.e AD). If they can't take care of them what will their attitude be? Will it be like Chads or will it be like Rice's?

    d. Who will be under Center? If its a kid like Webb or one of the rooks taken at 12, will that cause guys like Rice, Chad etc to say, hey, rebuilding at the QB position, lets move one.

    Long story short, what Bellicheat did this year was remarkable but I'm not sure we will be in the same catagory when it comes to coaches as well as players to pull that off.

    As I say each and every time when we get to this point of the season. "Gonna be fun to watch the staff work the offseason".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Player Analysis Defense & STs

    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1089595
    Glad to see you say it. Things aren't hopeless. We are in a tough division, but the core talent is still pretty good.
    I'm optomistic and can't wait to see what Leslie brings to the team.
    I think he will do well.
    Although I'm not as optimistic as my good friend Mr. A, after going through the coaches last night, I am a bit more upbeat.

    Both the offensive and defensive schemes look to be intact with a couple of variations.....

    a. Defense. I think Pagac will be a bit more aggressive with his CB's than Leslie was. Thats what we saw during his short stint as the interim D-coord. If/When he gets Griff and Cook back, he sure has a seasoned group on the back end that played better than alot of casual fans know last year.

    Impact: No whole-scale changes in player personnel.

    We will need to fix the DL (Middle) and possibly add a LB for depth if we can get Chad and EJ re-inked. Move Erin or Jasper to the Sam, get rid of atleast one of the following: JK, Evans, Phat Pat and plug in a couple of fresh faces that can actually play the 0 technique so that we don't have to keep moving K-dubb over there. Even if we keep Rob, we are probably gonna loose Ray. I liked how Griff came on last year, but we still need another body in the rotation. I would absolutely melt if they grabbed Steves kid at 12.

    b. Offense. Musgrove seems to be cut from the same mold as the Chiller/Bevs. Only change I see here is that our OL Coaching staff won't employ the ZB'ing scheme.

    Impact: Only change I see will be possibly a replacement at C. I liked Sully in 2009, but he sure struggled to stay healthy this year. My guess, it was because of the extra weight (same discussion you and I always have). Regardless, he is to small to go with the next scheme.

    Probably gonna have to look for another big possession guy like Rice. I would love to see them go after a vet like V. Jackson. His experience would be a big help for the youngster we will have at QB this year. Another rookie probably would only hurt things. Draft a burner to replace Berrian, and use that money to ink AD. Use the money you would use on Rice for Jackson.

    Not many changes, as Mr. A says, and we would be a good team, but I don't think we would be on par with the PUKERS though. Mostly cause of what we will have at QB.

    Some will say, go after Kolb or Orton. I don't think Spielman will do that. He needs the picks this year to repopulate the bench for the vets he is gonna loose. That means we are gonna see someone "Non NFL ready" under center. Unless they opt to resign TJ, whoever they put under C this year is gonna have a steep learning curve. The good thing is, the team around him won't be making huge changes like they did when the Chiller first gutted the team.

    That will help and is one of the good things about retaining Leslie.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Player Analysis Defense & STs

    Marr says-
    Is the big drop because they can't juice anymore?
    Can I share this insight with my fellow Puker fans?

    :P TOTALLY kidding :P

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Player Analysis Defense & STs

    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1089618
    Marr says-
    Is the big drop because they can't juice anymore?
    Can I share this insight with my fellow Puker fans?

    :P TOTALLY kidding :P
    Go ahead. They will find it interesting.

    One thing you will see on PPO is that most of the posters on here don't like it much when you say something bad about their players, especially if they are fan favorites.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Player Analysis Offense
    By V4L in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 01:55 AM
  2. Marrdro's Roster Analysis (New Roster Analysis Added)
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 07:27 PM
  3. Defense now to have coach-player field communication too
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 07:24 AM
  4. Great Defense Player?
    By FedjeViking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 03:00 AM
  5. Viking Team Analysis - Defense
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 11:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •