theman is offline Training Camp

Play Calling-What are your ideas on what improvement needs to be made???

The play calls are better than under Tice I would say.
    But really, what was with the bomb on 4th and 2 at the end of the game?
    There was plenty of time.
    A little famous short pass by to Wiggins or a run would have been sufficient to keep the drive alive.
    All the Vikes needed was to move the ball about 40 yards to get in field goal range after that, which is very do able (if not attempted in 1 play).
    Also, where are the creative plays?
    Tonight, the Saints took a substantial lead over the number 1 rated Falcons with a double reverse.
    One successful play like that in the Red Zone, instead of a flimsy choke would have given the Vikings a sure lead. I don't mean only a reverse, either.
    I mean mixing it up with some of those old successful passes to Wiggins or a really gutsy play like an option to a WR.
    (You know, the kind Moss used to do very successfully).
    What are all your takes on this ???
    Go Vikings!!! (I would use all caps but I'm not allowed sorry and yes Webby you have to admit I am doing better at following The Rules.)
    "The Vikes have gotta do what the Vikes have gotta do." ;-)

-theman, gameday

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Play Calling-What are your ideas on what improvement needs to be made???

I'm happy with how Childress is coaching.

I would like to see more use of Wiggins.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Del Rio Guest

I dont have a problem with the play calling. They thought they saw something, it didn't work if it had he would be a hero.

We lost by three due to a fumble against a top 3 defense, I have no problems with that.

Next week against Buffalo I think we will get a better feel for our team.

Deronn is offline Starter

"Del" wrote:
    I dont have a problem with the play calling. They thought they saw something, it didn't work if it had he would be a hero.

We lost by three due to a fumble against a top 3 defense, I have no problems with that.

Next week against Buffalo I think we will get a better feel for our team.
    EXACTLY!!! I've been saying this all day long at work and was begining to think I was the only one who felt this way. We lost on a fumble - that's it. A turnover could have happened on any play no matter what was called. That's football.

We tried something... it didn't work. Simple as that.

I agree with Del and Deronn. If the fake field goal the previous week didnt work, everyone would be questioning that. They took some shots and they didnt work. Maybe next time they will.
    Seems to me that the we hire the best coaches we can find and let them do their jobs. I think our team has done that.