Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Place For Bennett?

"Hitstick31" wrote:
    I dont care what you guys say. I WANT ONTERRIO BACK ON THIS TEAM NEXT YEAR. Onterrio Smith is strong and powerful, something than Moore and Bennett lack. He also can catch and has the speed to go all the way.
    I agree with you there. But he won't be back until next year. He needs to get clean & stay clean if he wants to be part of this team.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

onterrio ain't comin' back. he screwed his chance

Go vikes!!

SamDawg84 Guest

morre is better than smith! and smith is a druggy!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I feel bad for Bennett kind of.. He is not a bust.. Just in the wrong system.. Our blocking was horrible.. And our play calling was sending him up the middle just on first downs.. I think Bennett needs just 1 key block and he wasn't getting that or the plays he can succeed with.. Atleast he is getting in on some Special Teams!

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

The problem is we can't tell whether he's a bust because Tice (or the OC or whoever the hell is calling plays now) hasn't given him enough carries or touches. For just once I'd like to see what Bennett could accomplish if there was a commitment to use him as the no. 1 back - that means don't go jerking him out the game the first time he makes a mistake. How could any player develop a rhythm for the game and build some confidence if they only get 6-8 touches a game? Is Mewelde that much better that we forgo the upside Bennett has? Make no mistake about it, Bennett can still play. If our lame duck coaching staff can't figure out how to utilize him, some other team will.

I hope we hold on to him for another year so we can see what he could accomplish when we have a real head coach and coaching staff.
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    morre is better than smith! and smith is a druggy!
    Like I said, He needs to kick his habit if he wants to be a football player. The choice is his.

I don't want to see him follow in Ricky Williams footsteps. He's too talented of a player to waste his life on pot.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Hitstick31 is offline Rookie

YEAH BENNETT IS THE FASTEST PLAYER IN THE NFL, I think he is our most explosive player, JUST NEEDS ONE KEY BLOCK TO THE OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!! Kleinny and Benett in the I formation= plus 20 yard runs ALOT.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I agree that Wizzy is our best running back. No doubt in my mind. As far as Bennett goes, he has had a good line before and a bad line now. He hasn't done well with either. Good backs make things happen. Moore has made thing shappen when he is in there. Bennett has not. Bennett has played previous years with great lines and still hasn't proven that he's a good RB. His talent is speed. You need to find a create holes to be a good RB. He can't even find the holes that are there. I like him on STs and coming in to give MeMo a breather. That's really it. He is fast but he has to learn to get by the front line to use his speed. He doesn't do that very often. At least not consistently like MeMo and Whizzy do.

Hitstick31 is offline Rookie

"ejmat" wrote:
    I agree that Wizzy is our best running back. No doubt in my mind. As far as Bennett goes, he has had a good line before and a bad line now. He hasn't done well with either. Good backs make things happen. Moore has made thing shappen when he is in there. Bennett has not. Bennett has played previous years with great lines and still hasn't proven that he's a good RB. His talent is speed. You need to find a create holes to be a good RB. He can't even find the holes that are there. I like him on STs and coming in to give MeMo a breather. That's really it. He is fast but he has to learn to get by the front line to use his speed. He doesn't do that very often. At least not consistently like MeMo and Whizzy do.
    No man, Good o lines make a runningback. If youve played football, you will know that plain and simple. Without O line play, runningbacks wouldn't get forward, it ALL DEPENDS ON THE EXCECUTION OF THE BLOCK, TO HOLD IT FOR 1 or 2 more seconds, TO GET LOW AND DRIVE. Oterwise, good runningbacks are never to be found.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I did play football and I did play some RB. I understand a good O line makes a good RB. However good RBs also find ways to be a good RB. Let me name 2. Barry Sanders and Walter Payton. Even Shaun Alexander did well without a good line. What I'm saying is MeMo finds a way to get positive yardage on a consistent basis. So did Whizzy. Bennett had the benefit of having a good line for 3 years and let's face i t, he hasn't really done very well.

Please don't tell me about playing football. I've played. I know how things work. I also see what I see when I watch Viking games. Everyone can sit here and be in denial about Bennett. He is not a talented RB. He's a fast runner with good athletic ability. There is a difference whether you want to see it or not.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast