Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Place For Bennett?

Well he's turned out to be a bust as our running back, But hey there just might be hope for him yet, I think he might be good returning kicks he got the speed for it.

And since our Special Teams is sort of under the gun at the moment, Couldn't hurt, Koren Robinson can return punts and be Number 3 Reciever, He's a hell of a Reciever.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Place For Bennett?

I don't think he's a bust. They aren't playing him in the right calls. Straight up the middle with no holes opened up ain't gonna happen for Bennett. He lacks the cutting ability that Memo has.

They need to use him in the slot, around the outside, on quick screen dumps or over the middle short passes.

The lineman can stop him very well, but call a play where they force a LB to cover him. That's where his speed will payoff.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i would like to have him around next year possibly for a backup and change of pace back...

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i don't believe he's a bust, i think his confidence is down after his injury plauged years. he just seems like he isn't running the same way he used to. he has the speed to be an explosive weapon for us on offense. he averaged a little better than Memo in the last game so isn't like he's doing a whole lot worse than Memo.

also liked the idea of using his speed as a gunner on STs, he seemed to be doing pretty good there. we don't need him as a returner Koren Robinson has proven he can return punts and kickoffs this season, so we should leave him there and ease him into the receiver role.

Thanks Josdin

SJHILL is offline Starter

I agree with singersp when saying the staff hasn't used him properly. I always liked him in the screen game, and when a backer was covering him. He's a guy that I think you could put at any skilled position, and he would be a threat with his speed. I think it would be nice to motion him out into the slot, and have a backer cover him, and just have him run a fly. Hell, put him at dime back or something, just use him.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

screen passes to bennett would work. he could be the guy we use in between the 40s to give MeMo a rest. i would put him on special teams as a gunner and as a returner. he is fast, you cant coach speed.
    We're bringing purple back.

Articnv is offline Coach

hes not a bust hes just not being used properly. As a kick or punt return he just wouldnt do well as he lacks a good field vision and dosnt cut to well.

Should be used between the 40s as a toos or pitch to the outside or screen pass. Or slot reciever runnign a slant panter were he can sue his speed.

He just dosnt have the field viion to run up the middle and see x hole pluged and hit any ways were hole y or z could be open if he just cut.

Right now i see hsi mentalit is x hole is were i go and dosnt look else were if its clogged and just hit.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I mentioned in a previous thread Bennett would be good as a kick off returner. That is where his speed can be an asset. As far as using him as an everydown back he lacks the skills of an NFL every down running back. Nothing personal, he just does.

You cannot blame the line with Bennett. I've seen holes for him and he misses them. Eveyone else seems to do just fine for the most part with the same line.

I like Koren as the punt returner. He showed what can happen when the team actually blocks instead of making the ball carrier do all the work. For right now MeMo is the starter and does just fine. Fason has been activated so we may see him on STs and a few downs on offense. IMO keep using Bennett the way he has been used but add him as a kick off returner.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I think we should wear the defense down using the "i" formation with Sausser leading MeMo, then let Bennett get some plays for his skills. Can't get a better 1-2 if they play to each's skills.
    I think the team has realized this now, and I hope to see better play calling stressing each backs indiviual talents.

Hitstick31 is offline Rookie

I dont care what you guys say. I WANT ONTERRIO BACK ON THIS TEAM NEXT YEAR. He's our best runningback and is better than Mewelde Moore, although Mewelde is amazing. Onterrio Smith is strong and powerful, something than Moore and Bennett lack. He also can catch and has the speed to go all the way. Let this whizzinator and assault stuff slide, I bet you any money that that women is lying, just like Kobe Bryants rape scandal. Women try to get atheletes in trouble (Vick, Jordan, Onterrio, Kobe) because all they want is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. This guys a good player and can easily be a 1,000 yard back with Birk, FOnotoni, and Marcus Johnson starting next year.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast