Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

Pissed off by Tice's, Hovan's etc. comments.

Packerguy Andre Johson is good this is only his second year i would take him over Burleson any day of the week..... Johnson has over 1000 yards this year and he almost had over 1000 last year too. He is much like TO if you need a comparison......Another guy thats a rookie is Micheal Clayton he will have more then 80 catches this year and already is over 1000 yards recieving see it doesnt take more then three years to develope a reciever
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

Packerguy is offline Rookie

"Vikings Fan At MSU" wrote:
    Packerguy Andre Johson is good this is only his second year i would take him over Burleson any day of the week..... Johnson has over 1000 yards this year and he almost had over 1000 last year too. He is much like TO if you need a comparison......Another guy thats a rookie is Micheal Clayton he will have more then 80 catches this year and already is over 1000 yards recieving see it doesnt take more then three years to develope a reciever
    NO its no set rule but history is definitely on my side of this debate and its not even arguable.

Until moss went over a thousand yards in his rookie year only terry glenn did so before that in the history of the nfl. I know all about m. clayton, i had him on my fantasy football team. Your argument thus far in history is definitely the exception and not the rule.

ps and a. boldin did it last year. but like I said its the exception not the rule. Historically (ask any so called expert) the 3rd year tends to be a make or break season for talented wrs. ITs their coming out party so to speak

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"CVGVIKE" wrote:
    "MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:
    Hovan can't say a thing. Boy, I wish I could get paid good money and do nothing for it.
    Hope your Jets beat the Rams this Sunday...we may need that to happen to get in the playoffs. As for Hovan, I would be very surprised to see him as a Viking next season. And if the Vikings don't make the playoffs, the media and fans should give him and Linehan hell. It was total BS that Red gave him a one year extension and a 33% raise before knowing if the team is playoff bound!
    Just because he gave him a contract extension doesn't mean he won't fire him. Secure a coach for peanuts and give him walking papers if you find someone else that would work out better.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pissed off by Tice's, Hovan's etc. comments.

"Hooversham" wrote:
    This is my first post on this site. I've been lurking for a while but I heard something on the radio today that just chapped my butt and I have to write about it.

Am I the only one that gets extremely annoyed by team coaches and players telling the fans and local media to stop all the "bandwagoning" and to start liking a different team if they need to complain about the vikings so much? It just boils my blood.

I don't know about the majority of people on this site, but I am 26 years old and I've been a fan for all 26 years. I was wearing Vikings "onesies" before I was old enough to know better. I was indoctrinated by my family. I had no choice. And I've suffered through misery as a fan that is perhaps only rivaled by the Chicago cubs or Buffalo Bills when it comes to dissapointment. AND I"M STILL A FAN. AND I ALWAYS WILL BE. VIkings fans know what I'm writing about because they swear off the team each and every week but they still watch and cheer the next week. Who is Mike Tice or any other player, for that matter, to tell me how and when I can start to get disgusted.

This team is blessed with so much talent and it has been for a few years now. That does not happen all that often in Viking Fandom. And I think fans around the country realize that FINALLY, they have something that might pay off. They are really upset about how the current situation is panning out. We have EARNED the right to complain about this team's lack of competitive drive. We have EARNED the right to question the franchise players' motives when they take plays off. We have EARNED the right to question our coaches when they make, what seem to be, hairbrain decisions that even Monday morning quarterbacks like myself would shy away from. We have EARNED the right to beeyatch about an owner that would spend more money landscaping his Texas home, than he would on a team with so much promise. And I don't need to listen to Mike Tice and Chris Hovan when they tell me I'm an idiot, or that I'm "bandwagon" for the thinking this way.

Hovan has been in the lineup for what, 3 years. Tice has been the coach for less than 3 years. Well you know what, I've been cheering relentlessly, with no justification, for over 20. I will ALWAYS cheer for this team... long after Tice, Hovan and McCombs are gone. They are not the fans. WE ARE THE FANS. And our frustration is what they SHOULD hear.

Sorry for the rant. Nice to be a part of this community. PS What the hell is with all the Packer fans on this site. Don't they have their own site?

ccasion5:
    I totally agree, we have earned the right. By the way, I am seven year your senior in Viking fandom. I totally understand your (our) pain. We have so underachieved the last 5 years it is not funny anymore. I don't want to sound like a cry baby and I don't want pity. I just want to win.

We have earned the right!

Tice is an idiot but he is OUR idiot.

They just need to suck it up. Seems to me neither Hovan or Tice have any solutions for their own problems and are trying to blame someone else to take all the EYES :twisted: off of them.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

You know, either your a fan, or your not. Last year, I met someone from MN, in Applebee's, I told him the Vikes lost, and all he could do is bitch about Culpepper. It wasn't Pep that lost that game. Ummm, you do remember who Culpepper is right? Yah, that guy all you bandwagoner's and MN folks were booing last year. Oh wait, you all DO remember the favorite topic of last year right? That was replacing Pep with Ferrotte (who btw, I just LOVE as a backup, and knows his job---any questions, refer to Philly's game last Monday). Now its Tice ya'll jumping on. Is this gonna pan out the same and be the joke of the boards next year? I am a fair weather Utah Jazz fan. NBA basketball really isn't my thing. I understand the fairweather bit. I do not respect it. I am, however a Vikings FAN. No fairweather in there. I think, ya'll just don't appreciate what ya got back there.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Bah, forgot why I even started typing there. Hooversham, glad you have joined us on the boards, and came out smokin'. I am glad a topic finally touched you enough to post. Fun group on the boards, and I am glad your one of us now.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Tice should have this team fired up for this game but he can't get it done.
    This goes back to the Giants earlier and Tice couldn't get them going then.
    This team has to many good players to be this flat.
    Les Steckle was the worst vikes coach I've ever seen, BUT Tice is setting up for the pass in turn four.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    Tice should have this team fired up for this game but he can't get it done.
    This goes back to the Giants earlier and Tice couldn't get them going then.
    This team has to many good players to be this flat.
    Les Steckle was the worst vikes coach I've ever seen, BUT Tice is setting up for the pass in turn four.
    That Washington game was an absolute mess. Did you see the players faces on the sidelines? Talk about flat!?! They were dead. What the hell is going on???? And Moss goes into the locker room before the game is over. I think he's sick of losing. Tice may get fired yet...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    You know, either your a fan, or your not. Last year, I met someone from MN, in Applebee's, I told him the Vikes lost, and all he could do is beeyatch about Culpepper. It wasn't Pep that lost that game. Ummm, you do remember who Culpepper is right? Yah, that guy all you bandwagoner's and MN folks were booing last year. Oh wait, you all DO remember the favorite topic of last year right? That was replacing Pep with Ferrotte (who btw, I just LOVE as a backup, and knows his job---any questions, refer to Philly's game last Monday). Now its Tice ya'll jumping on. Is this gonna pan out the same and be the joke of the boards next year? I am a fair weather Utah Jazz fan. NBA basketball really isn't my thing. I understand the fairweather bit. I do not respect it. I am, however a Vikings FAN. No fairweather in there. I think, ya'll just don't appreciate what ya got back there.
    You know, I've commented on this yopic several times now. But here goes again. I am a Viking fan. That gives me the right to cheer on the team all season, all off season, and all preseason. It also gives me the right to praise the play of the players and the coaches. Even the owner Red Mccombs is not off topic. I can also criticize their play as well. I believe it makes us all better fans when we ask the questions, good and bad about the team. If not, we would all be just a flock of sheep content that the good shepard is the best there is.

Well, I am the wolf of the flock. I want accountability from the players and coaches. Afteral, it is we, the fans who pay the salaries.

LOTGK

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234