Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Pissed off by Tice's, Hovan's etc. comments.

Tice is just mad because he doesn't like the criticism...to some point I can sympathise with him...the skimpy budget and the low pay...BUT

The fans see right through everything....WE are the ultimate football fans and although may not know the plays or schemes..we know a suck defense when we see one...we know a bad coach when we see one....and we also can say we should run the ball more or pass a little less or blitz more....

The fact of the matter is that if they were winning or living up to their potential we wouldn't complain but we are underachieving and that's what pisses off everyone...I don't care how hard their working the not living up to their potential which means they are not working smart....!!!!

and that gives fans the right to say whatever they want....

parsongeorge is offline Starter

I would say that generally most of the vikings aren't living up to their potential on the field, there are however exceptions. I think Culpepper gives it his all every time he goes out there, and obviously, Randy Moss doesn't. I think Robinson dogs it alot, but Burleson plays hard. I think all the offensive FALSE STARTS are killing us. If the Vikes dont remove their heads from their asses they will lose to washington this weekend and maybe be out of the playoffs. Actually, if they dont beat washington, they dont deserve the playoffs..To hell with backing in.
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I've told you guys before that Tice is just not cut out to be a successful coach. He's getting ticked at fans? Come on. The Packers have had fans boo them twice at home this year, and you just have to suck it up as a coach and use it as motivation to put a better product on the field.

Not that I condone booing the home team in the least.

Quite a way to celebrate your contract extension and 33% raise. I sure could use a 33% raise. Anyone else?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I've told you guys before that Tice is just not cut out to be a successful coach. He's getting ticked at fans? Come on. The Packers have had fans boo them twice at home this year, and you just have to suck it up as a coach and use it as motivation to put a better product on the field.

Not that I condone booing the home team in the least.

Quite a way to celebrate your contract extension and 33% raise. I sure could use a 33% raise. Anyone else?

This is one area, me and LA agree 100%.

I just don't understand how Tice still has so many people in his corner?? Just because the players like him? I could care less if the players like our coach, I want a coach that the players win games under, and that certainly isn't tice. If we win 11,12, or 13 games and our players hate our coach, I would be much happier than if we win 8 or 9 games and our players like our coach. What else has Tice done? Underacheive? Yep. Continue to make our largely talented team average? Yep. Improved our D like he said we was gonna do 3 years ago? Nope. Got us to the playoffs in his 2nd year and a super bowl contender in his 3rd, like he said he was gonna do when he took over? Nope. I am just baffeled at all the supporters of tice.

I'm gonna scare you right now:

Packers vs. Vikings (talent)

QB - Culpepper's an MVP candidate right now. Adv. Vikings
    RB - Green's been hot and cold this year. Usually, whoever the Vikings put back there is successful. Slight adv., Vikes
    WR - I love the Packer WR's, but Moss is tops in talent and Burleson is a year behind Walker. Adv. Vikes.
    TE - push for now, but Vikes have more depth.
    OL - slight adv. Packers
    DL - based on pure talent, probably a push
    LB - Claiborne and Henderson top Barnett and Diggs by a slight margin.
    DB - Both suck, so push
    K - Pack
    P - Vikes

Now, based on PURE TALENT, the Vikes exceed what the Packers have. This is absolutely ridiculous that Tice has any support. He is frittering away years from Culpepper's and Moss's careers, and chances at championships.

As Packer fans, we couldn't be happier that Tice is still in charge.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

"LosAngelis" wrote:

RB - Green's been hot and cold this year. Usually, whoever the Vikings put back there is successful. Slight adv., Vikes
    WR - I love the Packer WR's, but Moss is tops in talent and Burleson is a year behind Walker. Adv. Vikes.
    OL - slight adv. Packers
    DB - Both suck, so push
    K - Pack
    P - Vikes

Now, based on PURE TALENT, the Vikes exceed what the Packers have. This is absolutely ridiculous that Tice has any support. He is frittering away years from Culpepper's and Moss's careers, and chances at championships.

I agree with everything you said

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Red McCombs has no business being involved in pro football. A one-year extension of Tice benefits no one but his own cheap self. That's really all it comes down to. And until we are rid of McCombs, nothing will really change in this organization.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Packerguy is offline Rookie

"LosAngelis" wrote:

OL - slight adv. Packers
    DB - Both suck, so push
    K - Pack
    P - Vikes

What?? I strongly disagree with u on some of your points

I agree advantage culpepper

I strongly disagree with your rb take. Ill take ahman and davenport over most rbs in the league including anyone the vikings can throw out there. ahman is a bit banged up but when healthy neither bennet, onterrio or mewelde can touch him

Offensive line is a push depending on who is more healthy

Moss is the best wr in the league but the combo of walker driver makes this a push at this point. You also have to take into account wtf is moss doing if he is supposedly healthy and jogging around on half of the plays

dl advantage vikings. they get more production as far as pass rush and they have two very good up and comers.

linebackers- advantage packers. Diggs is the best from either side with henderson and barnett having talent but underachieveing thus far. Barnett has performed very well at times however but then gets lost

dbs is a push based on the fact that both have just given up a ton of yards this year. I would be inclined to give adv to packers just because the vikings have a better pass rush.

i agree with your special teams take

CVGVIKE is offline Pro-Bowler

"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:
    Hovan can't say a thing. Boy, I wish I could get paid good money and do nothing for it.
    Hope your Jets beat the Rams this Sunday...we may need that to happen to get in the playoffs. As for Hovan, I would be very surprised to see him as a Viking next season. And if the Vikings don't make the playoffs, the media and fans should give him and Linehan hell. It was total BS that Red gave him a one year extension and a 33% raise before knowing if the team is playoff bound!

"Packerguy" wrote:

What?? I strongly disagree with u on some of your points

I agree advantage culpepper

I strongly disagree with your rb take. Ill take ahman and davenport over most rbs in the league including anyone the vikings can throw out there. ahman is a bit banged up but when healthy neither bennet, onterrio or mewelde can touch him

Offensive line is a push depending on who is more healthy

Moss is the best wr in the league but the combo of walker driver makes this a push at this point. You also have to take into account wtf is moss doing if he is supposedly healthy and jogging around on half of the plays

dl advantage vikings. they get more production as far as pass rush and they have two very good up and comers.

linebackers- advantage packers. Diggs is the best from either side with henderson and barnett having talent but underachieveing thus far. Barnett has performed very well at times however but then gets lost

dbs is a push based on the fact that both have just given up a ton of yards this year. I would be inclined to give adv to packers just because the vikings have a better pass rush.

i agree with your special teams take
    Well, I might have to agree with you on the RB, though the Vikings have a lot of pure talent. Ahman Green, though, might be starting his old man slide, and Davenport has too many injuries. But Ontarrio is tough, Bennett burned the heck out of us last week (though I think I could burn the Packer run defense), etc. However, is this a sign of talented RBs or a talented OL?

WR's is where the debate is. I sustain the Vikings have more talent. Remember..that's my point, not how well it is used. I think the Packers work to their potential more, but Moss in and of himself tops the pure talent debate. Whether he uses it week in and week out, or play in and play out, isn't a part of talent.

LB's I may still fight with you on. Claiborne is tough, and Henderson is a very talented young player. Diggs is above average, and Barnett is very good, but Navies is just holding a spot right now. Again, in the battle of pure talent, I think the slight advantage may go to the Vikes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast