Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hooversham is offline Starter

Pissed off by Tice's, Hovan's etc. comments.

This is my first post on this site. I've been lurking for a while but I heard something on the radio today that just chapped my butt and I have to write about it.

Am I the only one that gets extremely annoyed by team coaches and players telling the fans and local media to stop all the "bandwagoning" and to start liking a different team if they need to complain about the vikings so much? It just boils my blood.

I don't know about the majority of people on this site, but I am 26 years old and I've been a fan for all 26 years. I was wearing Vikings "onesies" before I was old enough to know better. I was indoctrinated by my family. I had no choice. And I've suffered through misery as a fan that is perhaps only rivaled by the Chicago cubs or Buffalo Bills when it comes to dissapointment. AND I"M STILL A FAN. AND I ALWAYS WILL BE. VIkings fans know what I'm writing about because they swear off the team each and every week but they still watch and cheer the next week. Who is Mike Tice or any other player, for that matter, to tell me how and when I can start to get disgusted.

This team is blessed with so much talent and it has been for a few years now. That does not happen all that often in Viking Fandom. And I think fans around the country realize that FINALLY, they have something that might pay off. They are really upset about how the current situation is panning out. We have EARNED the right to complain about this team's lack of competitive drive. We have EARNED the right to question the franchise players' motives when they take plays off. We have EARNED the right to question our coaches when they make, what seem to be, hairbrain decisions that even Monday morning quarterbacks like myself would shy away from. We have EARNED the right to bitch about an owner that would spend more money landscaping his Texas home, than he would on a team with so much promise. And I don't need to listen to Mike Tice and Chris Hovan when they tell me I'm an idiot, or that I'm "bandwagon" for the thinking this way.

Hovan has been in the lineup for what, 3 years. Tice has been the coach for less than 3 years. Well you know what, I've been cheering relentlessly, with no justification, for over 20. I will ALWAYS cheer for this team... long after Tice, Hovan and McCombs are gone. They are not the fans. WE ARE THE FANS. And our frustration is what they SHOULD hear.

Sorry for the rant. Nice to be a part of this community. PS What the hell is with all the Packer fans on this site. Don't they have their own site?

ccasion5:
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

welcome hoover!
    i hear ya bro! what the heck makes these guys think that THEY have all the answers? and if they do, why arent they any better? last time i checked it was OUR duty to cheer, cry, complain, moan, be outraged, etc. last time i checked if we didnt express interest bad or good there wouldnt be a league!!! i guess that we have thin skinned coaches and players. cant stand the heat get out the kitchen.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

You are absolutly right!!!!

This is the one difference between the organizations. The Packers embrace ALL fans. The Vikings SEEM to want only those diehards who will never say anything negative.

There are loyal Viking fans who DESERVE the right to bitch. They should be raising hell over this season. They should be screaming for Tice's head for such comments. The ONLY reason these guys are there is because of fans like on this site.

You have my sympathies. It is a sad situation.
    3 Straight Division Champs

MN_Jet_Fan is offline Rookie

Hovan can't say a thing. Boy, I wish I could get paid good money and do nothing for it.

TheMaineViking is offline Training Camp

From what I've heard on TV and radio which isn't as much as others of you Tice seems to disrespect the fans a lot. I have also heard similar comments from a few players.

I can understand Tice getting pissed at the media, those vulchers never quit asking stupid questions. But the fans? Come on, we are the ones who allow them to play this game.
    Les Steckel, More Bud

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Yeah he's a little fickle when it comes to loyalty to the fans. He's the first to praise us when it comes to vocally supporting the team at home games, but he's very quick to turn on us if he gets a little peaved.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

It just goes to show what kind of a person Tice really is. Sure the players love him, he let's them mope around the field every sunday. Who cares if they don't win? At least they are getting paid. Red loves him cause he'll work for nothing, even though he shouldn't be anywhere near an NFL game. Purple Pride seems to be flowing everywhere except where it counts, in the Vikings organization.

I love this team and I love this franchise, but it's time to clean house. Starting with Red. Go back to Texas you cheap son-of-a-b****!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"so-cal vike" wrote:
    Go back to Texas you cheap son-of-a-b****!
    Just for one Sunday (ok maybe more) I'd like to see this sentence on every single fan poster and sign in the Metrodome.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    You are absolutly right!!!!

There are loyal Viking fans who DESERVE the right to beeyatch. They should be raising hell over this season. They should be screaming for Tice's head for such comments. The ONLY reason these guys are there is because of fans like on this site.

You have my sympathies. It is a sad situation.
    Now that looks much better..since nothing in Hooversham's post pertained to the Packers, the comparison was totally unnecessary and superfluous. :twisted:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Is there an article on this I can read?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast