Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PISSED!

Rattz is offline Rookie

Re: PISSED!

Tired of sitting on the bench!
    Time to stick up for the purple faithful.

Skol to All!!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

As my ole Druidic friend once said:

A team is chosen to lead into destiny, and moments lived , once lived become part of his/her destiny

In other words my friends: Where building for the future and the future is bright

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"Nephilim" wrote:

A team is chosen to lead into destiny, and moments lived , once lived become part of his/her destiny

In other words my friends: Where building for the future and the future is bright
    you know what else is bright? the light at the end of the tunnel. just dont confuse the two.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Rattz" wrote:
    As I posted in another thread.

Get real.

This is a weak, weak free agent pool.

The Vikings need to follow the Twins path and build through the draft and retain their studs.

This is the path that the Patriots and Eagles have paved.
    to consistent winning.

If you think Zygi is worse than Red.
    wake up!

By the way were Randy and Daunte leading us to a Super Bowl. . . . no.

Why, because Red wouldn't put up his money and get a defense to make that run.

Then he left the cupboard bare and now the Vikings are reloading.

This ownership group and coaches want to win. . . more than we fans do - believe that.

They are doing their best and we need a little patience, things will get better.

How the hell did "true" fans put up with the 2001-2003 seasons - those teams sucked, oh yeah, but Daunte to Randy looked pretty - even in losing.

This is my point - build a team, team, team and wins will come.
    Thank you. All the Daunte to Randy fans are the ones who can't stand seeing us pick up role players and no big name, huge contract players.

Think of it this way. Right now our starting lineup offense without the draft looks like this

QB: Tarvaris Jackson (BC Draft Pick)
    RB: Chester Taylor
    WR: Troy Williamson
    WR: Martin Nance/Jason Carter?
    FB: Tony Richarson
    TE: Jim Kleinsasser/ Visanthe Shaincoe
    OT: Ryan Cooke (BC draft pick)
    OG: Marcus Johnson
    C: Matt Birk (pro Bowler)
    OG: Steve Hutchinson (pro bowler)
    OT: Bryant Mckinnie

That doesn't look TERRIBLE pre-draft and 5 days into FA. Let's say realistically that we pick up two WR's in the draft and 1 more in FA. Maybe Jason Hill and Sydney Rice. That is not that bad of a lineup at all if Tarvaris can pan out. Definitely some continuity from last year.

Defense:

DE: Erasmus James/ Darrion Scott
    DT: Kevin Williams (pro bowler)
    DT: Pat Williams
    DE: Kenechi Udeze/ Ray Edwards (edwards a BC draft pick)
    WLB: Chad Greenway (BC draft pick)
    MLB: EJ Henderson
    SSLB: Ben Leber
    CB: Antoine Winfield
    CB: Cedric Griffin (BC draft pick)
    SS: Darren Sharper
    FS: Greg Blue, Tank Williams, Dwight Smith (Blue a BC draft pick)

defense looks great. young talent mixed with proven veterans, mix in a couple of draft picks at nickel and DE and we are set on D and have continuity from the #1 rushing D in the league last year.

People act like we're so far away from being a good team. If our offensive line can improve as a unit, we pick up a couple of WR's that can catch the ball, and T-Jack comes along nicely as expected, we could surprise a lot of teams next year. Look at what a difference one FA move and 2 draft picks did for the saints last year. Same goes for the jets.
    So I guess the sky isn't falling?

Excellent post.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Nephilim" wrote:

I refuse to wear shades

douginc is offline Starter

I am honestly extremely pleased with the way our off-season is going.

Almost everyone on this site has been saying it for the last year:
    the free agency this off-season is bone dry.
    There's absolutely no STUD playmakers on the open market.
    But look around, almost every player signed so far is getting paid playmaker salaries.
    What?

Why waste our salary cap on a bunch of nobodies who wouldn't improve our team that much anyway?
    Besides, everyone who really knows football knows that the teams who DOMINATE free-agency rarely transpose that to the field.

Our roster looks just fine now, and WR will most likely be addressed during the draft.
    It's a good draft year at WR.

Someone on here had a terrific post earlier, discussing how we lost the majority of our games by one score.
    We honestly need better coached players to decrease the menacing number of penalties and better defensive schemes that can handle the pass equally as well as the run.
    These concepts are a thousand times more important than another 'good' to 'near-great' player coming in and seeing the same results as last year.

I truly think players will not make or break this team, and SURELY not this off-season.
    Why waste cap room now when next year there might be some truly quality players who we'll all be dying to get our hands upon.
    We should save our bitching until after the draft, and for the agents and players who are demanding such ridiculous amounts of money for non-all star players.
    Thank God we got Hutch when we did.
    Imagine what he'd go for this year.......whew.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"SportsManiac332" wrote:
    Is anyone else absolutly pissed that the vikings are doing NOTHING in free agency and letting go key guys? I mean didnt ziggi say he "would do anything to bring a championship to Minnesota"? i know it's still early but i can't help feeling like in stuck on a train headed the completely wrong direction.
    Let me know what u guys think.
    maybe one of you can say something to make me feel atleast a little better about the Vikings Org.
    what key players did we let go?

Wiggins? sure, loved the guy but he didnt fit in this scheme

Napo? Had a decent year in this scheme, but we dont need him w/ henderson improving so much, leber being what we expected, and greenway coming back.

We havn't PICKED UP much talent no, but thats because there isnt much for the money they're asking

But have we lost "KEY" players? hell no, not even close

a little over dramatic imo

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Rattz" wrote:
    As I posted in another thread.

Get real.

This is a weak, weak free agent pool.

The Vikings need to follow the Twins path and build through the draft and retain their studs.

This is the path that the Patriots and Eagles have paved.
    to consistent winning.

If you think Zygi is worse than Red.
    wake up!

By the way were Randy and Daunte leading us to a Super Bowl. . . . no.

Why, because Red wouldn't put up his money and get a defense to make that run.

Then he left the cupboard bare and now the Vikings are reloading.

This ownership group and coaches want to win. . . more than we fans do - believe that.

They are doing their best and we need a little patience, things will get better.

How the hell did "true" fans put up with the 2001-2003 seasons - those teams sucked, oh yeah, but Daunte to Randy looked pretty - even in losing.

This is my point - build a team, team, team and wins will come.
    Thank you. All the Daunte to Randy fans are the ones who can't stand seeing us pick up role players and no big name, huge contract players.

Think of it this way. Right now our starting lineup offense without the draft looks like this

QB: Tarvaris Jackson (BC Draft Pick)
    RB: Chester Taylor
    WR: Troy Williamson
    WR: Martin Nance/Jason Carter?
    FB: Tony Richarson
    TE: Jim Kleinsasser/ Visanthe Shaincoe
    OT: Ryan Cooke (BC draft pick)
    OG: Marcus Johnson
    C: Matt Birk (pro Bowler)
    OG: Steve Hutchinson (pro bowler)
    OT: Bryant Mckinnie

That doesn't look TERRIBLE pre-draft and 5 days into FA. Let's say realistically that we pick up two WR's in the draft and 1 more in FA. Maybe Jason Hill and Sydney Rice. That is not that bad of a lineup at all if Tarvaris can pan out. Definitely some continuity from last year.

Defense:

DE: Erasmus James/ Darrion Scott
    DT: Kevin Williams (pro bowler)
    DT: Pat Williams
    DE: Kenechi Udeze/ Ray Edwards (edwards a BC draft pick)
    WLB: Chad Greenway (BC draft pick)
    MLB: EJ Henderson
    SSLB: Ben Leber
    CB: Antoine Winfield
    CB: Cedric Griffin (BC draft pick)
    SS: Darren Sharper
    FS: Greg Blue, Tank Williams, Dwight Smith (Blue a BC draft pick)

defense looks great. young talent mixed with proven veterans, mix in a couple of draft picks at nickel and DE and we are set on D and have continuity from the #1 rushing D in the league last year.

People act like we're so far away from being a good team. If our offensive line can improve as a unit, we pick up a couple of WR's that can catch the ball, and T-Jack comes along nicely as expected, we could surprise a lot of teams next year. Look at what a difference one FA move and 2 draft picks did for the saints last year. Same goes for the jets.
    Just give us a bone though...just ONE above-average WR....one that can be a #1 WR.
    IF the Vikes would just do that, I could feel better about passing on most of the FAs out there.
    I could accept Marcus at RG and Cook at RT, Shiancoe at TE and the LBs however they shake out.
    BUT the glaring weakness is at #1 WR...and they HAVE to do something to recify THAT.
    IF they do so, then I will feel MUCH better about the upcoming season...although I will be holding my breath on Tarvaris until he shows that he can handle the starting QB spot.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

"SportsManiac332" wrote:
    Is anyone else absolutly pissed that the vikings are doing NOTHING in free agency and letting go key guys? I mean didnt ziggi say he "would do anything to bring a championship to Minnesota"? i know it's still early but i can't help feeling like in stuck on a train headed the completely wrong direction.
    Let me know what u guys think.
    maybe one of you can say something to make me feel atleast a little better about the Vikings Org.
    "You wonder if the Bucs remember 2004, when they loaded up on veteran free agents such as Charlie Garner, Joey Galloway, Todd Steussie, Derrick Deese and others, then proceeded to go 5-11 in one of the worst chemistry experiments in recent NFL history...."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...isliked/2.html

You can't buy a championship.

Did it not ever occur to you that only 30 percent of NFL teams are spending money this FA?

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:

Just give us a bone though...just ONE above-average WR....one that can be a #1 WR.
    IF the Vikes would just do that, I could feel better about passing on most of the FAs out there.
    I could accept Marcus at RG and Cook at RT, Shiancoe at TE and the LBs however they shake out.
    BUT the glaring weakness is at #1 WR...and they HAVE to do something to recify THAT.
    IF they do so, then I will feel MUCH better about the upcoming season...although I will be holding my breath on Tarvaris until he shows that he can handle the starting QB spot.
    US?! Speak for yourself, sir. I'm sure Childress would give you a "bone," it just might not be the one you ask for!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast