Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PISSED!

PISSED!

Is anyone else absolutly pissed that the vikings are doing NOTHING in free agency and letting go key guys? I mean didnt ziggi say he "would do anything to bring a championship to Minnesota"? i know it's still early but i can't help feeling like in stuck on a train headed the completely wrong direction.
    Let me know what u guys think.
    maybe one of you can say something to make me feel atleast a little better about the Vikings Org.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Re: PISSED!

"SportsManiac332" wrote:
    Is anyone else absolutly pissed that the vikings are doing NOTHING in free agency and letting go key guys? I mean didnt ziggi say he "would do anything to bring a championship to Minnesota"? i know it's still early but i can't help feeling like in stuck on a train headed the completely wrong direction.
    maybe one of you can say something to make me feel atleast a little better about the Vikings Org.
    We are all pretty much over it...and looking forward to the 2008-2009 season...

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

There are already other threads discussing this exact topic. Out of all the people running the organization I trust that at least one of them has a brain and knows what they're doing. For once I see a coach that might actually have a plan regarding what he wants to do with the team and doesn't give a rats ass what you think. All of the best teams build through the draft. 4 out of last years 6 draft picks will likely be starters this year and the other 2 will be future starters on this team. If we can get 4 more starters out of this upcoming draft, what is there to complain about?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I am in complete agreement with Ocho Cinco and PurplePeopleEaters.

I will wait until free agency and the draft is completed at least, before I get "absolutly pissed".
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Rattz is offline Rookie

As I posted in another thread.

Get real.

This is a weak, weak free agent pool.

The Vikings need to follow the Twins path and build through the draft and retain their studs.

This is the path that the Patriots and Eagles have paved.
    to consistent winning.

If you think Zygi is worse than Red.
    wake up!

By the way were Randy and Daunte leading us to a Super Bowl. . . . no.
    Why, because Red wouldn't put up his money and get a defense to make that run.
    Then he left the cupboard bare and now the Vikings are reloading.
    This ownership group and coaches want to win. . . more than we fans do - believe that.
    They are doing their best and we need a little patience, things will get better.

How the hell did "true" fans put up with the 2001-2003 seasons - those teams sucked, oh yeah, but Daunte to Randy looked pretty - even in losing.
    This is my point - build a team, team, team and wins will come.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"SportsManiac332" wrote:
    Wait till we have the draft and then beat your head on wall

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Rattz" wrote:

Get real.

The Vikings need to follow the Twins path and build through the draft and retain their studs.

to consistent winning.

wake up!

This ownership group and coaches want to win. . . more than we fans do - believe that.

They are doing their best and we need a little patience, things will get better.

How the hell did "true" fans put up with the 2001-2003 seasons - those teams sucked, oh yeah, but Daunte to Randy looked pretty - even in losing.

Who the hell do you think you are pal?

Let me tell you....

I don't know who you are ....but I like what you posted!
    Keep it up brother!

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

This isn't something that should be a suprise.
    In fact Childress said it himself, when he spoke of a first year coach using that first year to evaluate the team as a whole.
    Then he'll be in a better position to decide who stays, who goes and most importantly, where the replacements come from.

The coaches with a plan usually get their talent from the draft.
    They know that all FA's come with some sort of baggage.
    Everything from contract disputes to personality "quirks," there is a reason why they've parted ways with their former team.
    With the draft, a coach can not only bring in the talent he wants, but also the personality.

Am I on board with what this organization is doing?

Not 100% but I am looking forward to watching the product they put forth next season.

SKOL!!!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Rattz" wrote:

Get real.

to consistent winning.

wake up!

Welcome to the site and great post. It seems like the doom and gloom crowd have been invading the site recently. Nice to see rational thought and reason.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Rattz" wrote:

Get real.

to consistent winning.

wake up!

Thank you. All the Daunte to Randy fans are the ones who can't stand seeing us pick up role players and no big name, huge contract players.

Think of it this way. Right now our starting lineup offense without the draft looks like this

QB: Tarvaris Jackson (BC Draft Pick)
    RB: Chester Taylor
    WR: Troy Williamson
    WR: Martin Nance/Jason Carter?
    FB: Tony Richarson
    TE: Jim Kleinsasser/ Visanthe Shaincoe
    OT: Ryan Cooke (BC draft pick)
    OG: Marcus Johnson
    C: Matt Birk (pro Bowler)
    OG: Steve Hutchinson (pro bowler)
    OT: Bryant Mckinnie

That doesn't look TERRIBLE pre-draft and 5 days into FA. Let's say realistically that we pick up two WR's in the draft and 1 more in FA. Maybe Jason Hill and Sydney Rice. That is not that bad of a lineup at all if Tarvaris can pan out. Definitely some continuity from last year.

Defense:

DE: Erasmus James/ Darrion Scott
    DT: Kevin Williams (pro bowler)
    DT: Pat Williams
    DE: Kenechi Udeze/ Ray Edwards (edwards a BC draft pick)
    WLB: Chad Greenway (BC draft pick)
    MLB: EJ Henderson
    SSLB: Ben Leber
    CB: Antoine Winfield
    CB: Cedric Griffin (BC draft pick)
    SS: Darren Sharper
    FS: Greg Blue, Tank Williams, Dwight Smith (Blue a BC draft pick)

defense looks great. young talent mixed with proven veterans, mix in a couple of draft picks at nickel and DE and we are set on D and have continuity from the #1 rushing D in the league last year.

People act like we're so far away from being a good team. If our offensive line can improve as a unit, we pick up a couple of WR's that can catch the ball, and T-Jack comes along nicely as expected, we could surprise a lot of teams next year. Look at what a difference one FA move and 2 draft picks did for the saints last year. Same goes for the jets.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast