Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Vikgarten is offline Waterboy

Re: Pioneer Press writer scores MAJOR points

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    Man you called his email ridiculuous
    The e-mail was ridiculous... by his own admittence.
    Stating that I thought it was ridiculous isn't "harsh" however.... but you telling me that my opinion doesn't mean sh*t IS harsh....

and you questioned Caines intelligence by refering to the article as straight forward.
    Don't put words in my mouth. I NEVER questioned Caines intelligents! I said the article was straight forward because it WAS.

You obviously have a prepensity for just scrolling through posts and forming your own conclusions, if you think that I was somehow questioning the mans intelligents....

Do not let it bother you, just maybe chose your words a little differently, cause' it sounds like your a know it all, if you aren't than that is fine, I'll read your future posts with an open mind. LOL
    I did choose my words carefully. I said nothing that was out of line or demeaning in any way. I stated my opinion... and nothing personal, but after being told that my opinion doesn't mean sh*t, I could really care less how you regard my future posts.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikgarten" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Hey Vikgarten, don't let it bother you bro!

It's all good!
    It's hard not to. I guess I should have a thicker skin, but....

I have been posting here for a day and the first three posts that I have seen to give me an impression of this place is this one, the thread by Moss8404 about zealots, and the OH MY GOD thread from the guy who cheers for Benfica...

Ive been here 1 day and gotten jumped on for stating my opinion on Caines letter, even though I made my point respectfully and without any put downs... then i get told I was "harsh" by some guy who proceeds to tell me that my opinion doesn't mean sh!t...

In the OH MY GOD thread, somebody actually calls the dude silly, or says he's from a silly country...

Talk about first impressions of a message board. All I have run into so far are opinionated people who b*tch at you for not accepting THEIR opinion...

:???:
    The past few days and the content of some posts are not typical of PP.O. Its the offseason, so I think that people may be bored.

I really did not find what was so wrong with you initial response; you were just stating your opinion and not being a butt about it.

As far as people jumping you, I wouldn't be concerned. Choose another thread to comment on. If these folks keep hammering away at you, we'll take a closer look.

98% of members here are kind, respectful, and intelligent. In time you'll see some of the other 2%! :lol:

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

to qoute harry carey "HEY, WHATS GOING ON?"

Vikgarten, dont be upset. you have yet to post (as far as i can see) any disrespect inteded at someone . your posts are backed up by what you feel, and all your arguements are valid. your fine.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I'll step back in now.

1st: Upon my first reading of the article, it came off - to me - as though the author was subtly blaming the Vikings for NOT doing anything to Smith. That irked me to no end - for reasons I elaborated upon in my email to the author.

I get tired of media people (most of them) blathering on about how teams should do this or do that based upon what THEY perceive to be "issues". Moss was one we LOST due to media BS. Now, in his absence, it almost read like Mr. Jensen was picking up with Smith.

And, it all hinged upon one line...."or the Vikings will do".

2nd: His reply can be read a couple of ways. One is "genuine", the other is "vieled sarcasm". Whichever way you want to interpret it is up to you...the RESPECT came from the fact that he replied. The substance of the reply is immaterial.

3rd: Vikgarten, your entire initial post in this thread was arguementative and insulting. In fact, let's go line by line...you seem to like that;

"Vikgarten" wrote:
    I think he was cool for responding to your ridiculous e-mail. I certainly wouldn't have.
    I think the response was cool too - or I wouldn't have posted it. Although, if you think calling my email ridiculous, and later calling it stupid, warrants "I made my point respectfully and without any put downs", then we obviously differ in our opinions of respect and put downs.

"Vikgarten" wrote:
    I've read a lot of articles about the Vikings that have T'd me off, but there was nothing in this particular article to warrent a letter like the one you sent him.
    It was a little blasting for no reason.
    Actually, read above where I explain my initial interpretation. Of course, having the benefit of his reply with which to color the original article changes your initial interpretation.

"Vikgarten" wrote:
    He went on to explain what he meant by "Or Vikings Will Do".... how much more did it need to be spelled out?
    Obviously, I didn't. In this post I have previously done nothing but compliment Mr. Jensen. Of course, that line - again - minus his explaination, swings the article in a variety of directions.

"Vikgarten" wrote:
    I don't pity these journalists that probably field hundreds of e-mails like yours every week from people that misinterpret things that are really pretty straight forward.
    Really? I don't pity them either. Of course, I still don't think that the article was all that "straight forward". The article was all about what the Vikings WON'T do to Smith, and never went into WHY.

In short, the story was incomplete. If you wanted to take it as a slam on the Vikes, the ammunition is there. Since I deal with anti-Viking sentiment every day (I live in Southern Wisconsin), I connected the dots and came up seeing red.

Now, in his follow up, he clarifies his thinking. Looked at with that information, the article changes.

So, are we all clear now?

Keep in mind that printed words carry no inflection or tone and are not associated with body language. Any time anything is written/typed, it is the responsibility of the AUTHOR to take go the extra distance to remove all doubt as to intent. Failure to do so leads to misinterpretation.

Yes, I admitted to Mr. Jensen that I over reacted. But, did I really or was I simply being nice? Who knows. I will tell you this much, if I had to do it all over again, I'd do the same thing. The final result was worth it.

Finally, Vikgarten, welcome to PPO. Bear in mind, however, that when using terms like "ridiculous" or "stupid", you might just get a bit of flak. Hopefully, you can avoid such errors in the future.

Caine

Vikgarten is offline Waterboy

sorry I lost you after the first sentence...

shorten the post to under 2 paragraphs and I'll respond.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Yea it's always nice when the reporters write back to you. I actually wrote an email to Eric Perkins, for those of you who don't know him he's a sports reporter for Kare 11 news. Anyways I told him how frustrated I was about a segment he did on Moss just totally bashing him. Perkins wrote back to me like the day after I wrote to him. He said he doesn't regret doing the article, but I thought it was cool that he took the time to write me back.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikgarten" wrote:
    sorry I lost you after the first sentence...

shorten the post to under 2 paragraphs and I'll respond.
    No thanks. If you can't take the time to reply to the original work, then I haven't the time to spoon feed you.

Caine

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:

Finally, (insert poster's name here), welcome to PPO. Bear in mind, however, that when using terms like "ridiculous" or "stupid", you might just get a bit of flak.

Caine
    Good advice for everyone here!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

THIS was the thread that got Vikgarten's panties all in a wad (with apologies to you ladies out there)!!!

We all ripped him a new one, so now it looks like his chickensh*t azz went out and tried to dis the site...what a p*ssy!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123