Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

The pioneer press a "Minnesota" newspaper, more ba

I know I have had several posts venting my frustration with the media towards the Vikings lately, but I just have to say something else about it. If anyone on here lives in the Twin Cities you might get the Pioneer Press. Well today I picked it up to look at it, and guess what was on the front page? An article titled "Living, Dying a Pack fan." The article went on to talk about this guy who had purchased a green and gold coffin even before he died 18 months ago. Then it went on for whole other newspaper page about Packers fans and how they live and breathe it. Now I don't want to get too heated here, but honestly what state do we live in?? I felt like I was reading an article from a Wisconsin paper, which in that case would not seem to be that out of the ordinary. Then there was an article titled "Hope After the Fall" which again then went on to talk about all the odds against the Vikings and how they don't stand a chance. And while I just try to brush off those kinds of comments, it kinda hurts to see people being so negative about the Vikes, when in reality they are not a bad team. So anyways, I'm done with that topic for now. Go Vikes and :bootyshake: to any Packer fan on this website.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Sorry the title of that was supposed to be The Pioneer Press a "Minnesota" newspaper more bad media. It accidentaly got cut off it looks like.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I know! I can only read the Pioneer Press online cuz I live in Sconny, but even the online stuff has packer headlines all the time. I actually wrote to the editor saying that is wrong and asking if they thought that the journal sentinal (Milwaukees paper) would have a viking article on the front page! This type of stuff pisses me off too!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

That would be why Moss refused to grant them - and other local media - an interview. He said he would only talk to local media supportive of the Vikings.

ATTA BOY RANDY!!!!!!!

Say what you want about him, I supprt that move 100%.

Caine

Me too caine!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

I do realize that newspapers aren't supposed to be biased about most things, but the PPress just isn't supportive whatsoever of the vikings! I understand that they shouldn't make political views in the paper, but c'mon support the local teams!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

The Twin Cities are just too close to Sconny. The media knows there are a lot of Packers fans in their audience. No matter how much it irks Vikings fans they're going to continue to broadcast "Packer Preview" on the Vikings flagship station (KFAN), and the papers will always have sections devoted to the Pukers. It makes me sick but what can we do about it?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"SKOL" wrote:
    The Twin Cities are just too close to Sconny. The media knows there are a lot of Packers fans in their audience. No matter how much it irks Vikings fans they're going to continue to broadcast "Packer Preview" on the Vikings flagship station (KFAN), and the papers will always have sections devoted to the Pukers. It makes me sick but what can we do about it?
    Cancel your subscription...and tell them why you did in a Letter to the Editor. Also encourage everyone you know to do the same thing!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

anyone

Does anyone know an email addess for the Pioneer Press so I can write a letter of complaint? I tried today but it didn't work and couldn't find an email address. When I saw the paper today it was kinda the last straw for me, I'm writing a letter.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Sic 'em kinkel...tear 'em a new one! :bootyshake:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast