Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Pinkston released?

http://www.vikings.com/rostermoves.html

Well that was quick...what the heck happend?

EDIT: I get the notion that Seattle doesn't like us to much cause we keep stealing players from them.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Pinkston released?

Are players going to ask the Vikings for roster bonuses based on being around longer then 24, 48 or 72 hours?

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_McKinnieSigns9906.html
    Apparantly vikings have released todd pinkston and signed WR maurica mann from the seattle seahawks practice squad maurice mann has NOT CAUGHT A SINGLE NFL PASS IN HIS 2 year carrier

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

I really don't understand that move, I actually feel bad for the guy, he was looking to start over and ready to play this week against Washington and whatnot. Childress seems to be lost on who he really wants to bring in.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Why didnt he promote Jason Carter back to the roster..!!!!

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

"skum" wrote:
    Why didnt he promote Jason Carter back to the roster..!!!!
    because he is an unproven reciever who needs time to develop although he probably has more experience than maurice mann...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    I really don't understand that move, I actually feel bad for the guy, he was looking to start over and ready to play this week against Washington and whatnot. Childress seems to be lost on who he really wants to bring in.
    My guess is he's looking for a kick-off return guy. I don't think he's too confident with the hands of Williamson after he already fumbled one away.

You can't afford those types of mistakes.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    My guess is he's looking for a kick-off return guy. I don't think he's too confident with the hands of Williamson after he already fumbled one away.

You can't afford those types of mistakes.
    you are absoluty right http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/maurice_mann
    there is his page his main position is wr/kr he has 4.37 speed and is from the same college as nate burleson (nevada) he also is one of the top hurdlers in the country

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Prospect Profiles Click here to find out more!
    Maurice Mann
    Position: Wide Receiver/Kickoff Returner
    College: Nevada, Reno
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 191
    Hometown: Monterey, Calif.

Analysis | Agility | Personal
    OVERVIEW
    Talented receiver who played in a supporting role at Nevada, but showed flashes of brilliance in limited opportunities to shine as the featured back on offense … Came to the Wolfpack from Monterey Peninsula College, where he earned junior college All-America honors in 2001 … One of the top high hurdlers in the state of California coming out of high school … Played in 20 games during his Nevada career, catching 53 passes for 827 yards (15.6 avg.) and five touchdowns, adding 311 yards on 15 kickoff returns (20.7 avg.) and 8 yards on four carries (2.0 avg.).

ANALYSIS
    Positives: Shows quickness off the line with the potential to flash a sudden burst … Drives hard getting into his routes, using his foot speed and hands to fight through the jam … Transitions well on hard cuts and sets up defenders with adequate leverage as he carries his routes to proper depth … Appears alert of boundaries and sideline coverage, making proper body adjustments to stay inbounds … Drops his hips, stutters his steps and separates from defenders with these moves … Creates a nice target in the short area, showing a knack for finding the open spots in the zone … Goes across the middle with no hesitation … Tracks the ball well, showing good body control to get to the off-target throws and will sacrifice himself diving for the low balls.

Negatives: Could have a sudden burst in his release, if he would only stop making false steps to get into his patterns … Will round his cuts, but transitions well … Needs to extend for the ball outside the frame better (will use his body when working in a crowd) … Has the acceleration, but was rarely used downfield much on long routes … Lack of bulk prevents him from offering much as a blocker (will pester) … Has very skinny legs and is high cut with minimal bulk, which could prevent him from getting good leg drive in his release to defeat press coverage at the next level.

AGILITY TESTS
    4.37 in the 40-yard dash … 1.47 10-yard dash … 270-pound bench press … 400-pound squat … 285-pound hang clean … 3.97 20-yard shuttle … 36½-inch vertical jump … 9-foot-10 broad jump … 31 ½-inch arm length … 8 1/8-inch hands … Right-handed.

PERSONAL
    Business Marketing major … Son of Ella and Jerry Mann … Born Sept. 14, 1982 … Resides in Monterey, Calif.

Courtesy of NFLDraftScout.com, Powered by The Sports Xchange

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

I would not be surprised if the seahawks sign jason carter off our practice squad given the bad blood between us and the seahawks we sign hutch they take burleson we take their wr they take ours....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast