Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Pimping rides and stuffing runs

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/lee_jenkins/09/22/vikings/index.html?eref=si_nfl

[size=14pt]Pimping rides and stuffing runs [/size]
    Lee Jenkins
    Posted: Monday September 22, 2008 3:16PM; Updated: Monday September 22, 2008 3:16PM

Pat Williams walked through the Vikings parking lot like a car dealer through a showroom full of new Range Rovers. "That one's got 26-inch rims," he said. "That one's got the black wood interior. That one's got the Strut grill. And that one..." He paused, staring at the Range Rover owned by Vikings running back Chester Taylor, who replaced the words "Range Rover" on the front and back of the vehicle with the words "Chester Taylor." Williams shook his head disapprovingly. "I don't know about that one," he said.

Williams, the Vikings 317-pound defensive tackle, is also their resident gear-head. When he is not stuffing runs, he is pimping rides. Williams is part owner of Automotive Concepts, a 17,000-square foot shop outside Minneapolis that bills itself as "an industry leader in automotive restyling." When a Viking wants to customize his car and dent his signing bonus, he just hands the keys over to Williams, usually along with a five-figure check. The car comes back in a few weeks, tricked out to specification.

Perusing the Vikings parking lot like a proud father, Williams said: "Just about every one of these is mine." Some of them are literally his. Williams keeps 12 cars at a given time and all of them are for sale. He buys them, accessorizes them and then flips them. Williams does not usually get under the hood himself, but he does most of his own designs. "Adrian Peterson bought my car," Williams said. "Darren Sharper bought my wife's. I have to tell my wife all the time, 'Don't ever get too attached to your car.'"
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Pimping rides and stuffing runs

They showed some of these motors when NFLTA was doing a Vikes cam during Training Camp. There were some nice ones there and to see some of the sound systems installed - Wow !!
    Pat was pretty quiet about and definitely not your typical petrol head ..lol
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Even Vikings coach Brad Childress, hardly a souped-up kind of guy, let Williams put 24-inch rims on his Cadillac Escalade, a source of endless amusement in the locker room.
    I dunno... people say Childress isn't a players coach... doesn't have a sense of humor... just seems you hear more and more about little things like this, jabs at the media... I think he's growing into the position and with the team.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

I loved the part about Payton Manning.

I really like Pat Williams.
    My only problem with him is that when he retires, he'll move back down south instead of staying up here in the TC.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Even Vikings coach Brad Childress, hardly a souped-up kind of guy, let Williams put 24-inch rims on his Cadillac Escalade, a source of endless amusement in the locker room.
    I dunno... people say Childress isn't a players coach... doesn't have a sense of humor... just seems you hear more and more about little things like this, jabs at the media... I think he's growing into the position and with the team.
    Yeah.

Lets just hope he continues to grow as a head coach, too.
    lol
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I hope to go there one day and get my car tricked