Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re:Picking a new team

NDVikingFan66 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Vikes wrote:
    Your thoughts?
    That this is an asinine thread is my only real thought on the subject. And I'm super pissed, annoyed, depressed, bummed, angry, upset, sad and all that about last night.

But the Vikings are my team. Nothing about last night or 2001 or 1998 or 1987 or on and on and on is going to change that.

=Z=
    +1

If you are thinking about switching teams, I would question what kind of fan you were in the first place.
    +1, I don't think I could ever root for another team. I would stop watching football altogether before I could do that.
    If you want to quit being a fan that's fine with me. Bad karma for you though.

IMO ...you ride through with your team thick and thin. If that moment when your team climbs to the peak it will make things a little sweeter in that your loyalty was never compromised.

I have given up on teams, and turned 180 degrees from love to hate but that is only when they have abandoned me.

Loved/Cheered For

Winnipeg Jets
    Minnesota North Stars
    Montreal Expos
    Cleveland Browns (my AFC team)

I hate and will always hate:

Phoenix Coyotes
    Dallas Stars
    Washington Gnats
    Baltimore Ravens

I pray that I never have to face the day when my alligence changes towards the Vikes. That will be because they have moved elsewhere.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Fans that even consider leaving their allegiance to the team because of a loss cannot leave fast enough. I prefer to never see them wear the color of the team that I support. Never.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler

Takes balls and a iron constitution to be a Vikings fan. Gotta be able to take some hits. Those that can't can be my guest in jumping ship and don't let the door hit ya on your way out. Saw some chump auctioning his fan allegiance from Vikings to the highest bidder becacuse he is 30 years old and remembers 1998. Cry me a river. I've been a Vikings fan since '68 and have seen four SB losses plus the five NFCCs. Those who want to whine need to grow some skin baby.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings are mine forever. No matter what happens each and every year. No matter how hurt I feel now, I will get right back up and get on the ride again next year, and the year after that, and the year after that until I die.
    We're bringing purple back.

As a fan you can't switch teams. If you do you were never a real fan.

I have made a vow to just not care as much and expect nothing of the Vikings. This was easier back when we had Brooks Bollinger; I didn't even wake up for the game at Lambeau (which we lost 34-0) and that worked out great. So, if I just don't care that much, I'll spare the inevitable heartbreak.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Without reading this thread, is it as ridiculous as I suspect and should be locked?

Webby wrote:
    Without reading this thread, is it as ridiculous as I suspect and should be locked?
    Aye

Webby wrote:
    Yes. The collective answer is if you are even thinking of becoming a fan of another team, do it and goodbye.

Well worth locking.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12